PDA

View Full Version : DC5R Catback Exhauast Fujitubo Powergetter OR Skunk2 Megapower R

OMG.JAI xD
25-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Hello All,

Looking to purchase a new cat back for the dc5r to go with my toda header + toda custom cat.

Looking to choose between the fujitsubo powergetter (60mm) or the Skuunk 2 Megapower R (70mm). Not to sure which to get but id assume that the megapower would be more powerful?

I've been recommended by Adrian at toda to go for the skunk2 for power. I'm after power so im leaning a bit more to the skunk2 but would you guys have any suggestions?

If you guys can post up your thoughts and pro's + con's about both catbacks that would be great.

Thanks.

AsHw3e
25-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Ive got the Fujitsubo on my ITR. Very good exhaust IMO. Its not too loud and its not too quiet. Wont get sick of it when driving and its loud once u open it up, spesh with the toda headers, even more if u get GruppeM or Injen :) If your looking for power then go the Skunk2 mate & if Adrian recommended you then id say go for it :)

OMG.JAI xD
25-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey Mate,

Thanks for that prompt response, good stuff. Forgot to mention i have an Injen CAI too.

JDM-05R
25-06-2010, 02:37 PM
a few months back i was in the same situation. i ended up getting the Power Getter and didnt look back love it. the Tip looks awesome. nice deep and quite sound. ive heard the skunk 2 is pretty loud. i guess if you want to sacrifice comfort for performance then get the Skunk 2. and if you want comfort then i suggest the Power getter. I also have an injen as well btw...
wish you luck with you choice no doubt both brands are awesome and no matter what you end up choosing im sure ull be happy

OMG.JAI xD
25-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the prompt responses boys.

Also JDM 05R do you have toda headers to go with the catback? if so can you talk a bit about power gains, reponsiveness you got from this combo?

Thanks

JDM-05R
25-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the prompt responses boys.

Also JDM 05R do you have toda headers to go with the catback? if so can you talk a bit about power gains, reponsiveness you got from this combo?

Thanks

Yes i have toda header with cat installed by hak at Performance Exhaust Centre. Awesome power gains felt the difference instantly with toda when installed. love the deep sound and VTEC sound crazy. its my daily so i didn’t want it to be to noisy at low revs. Very responsive as apposed to the stock header. I haven’t taken it to dyno as yet so i wont be able to give you exact gains but i will in the near future. Really worth the money spent

OMG.JAI xD
25-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Sounds good, keep ur eye on this thread will let you know how my set up goes when i get it installed about 2 weeks.

JDM-05R
25-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Sounds good, keep ur eye on this thread will let you know how my set up goes when i get it installed about 2 weeks.

4 sure keep us updated. i recommend your fit your exhuast and header at Performance Exhaust Centre at northmead (top work)
hope it all goes well. :D

M@lew
25-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Toda Headers + Power Getter for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwjuI6vWohQ

Stig
25-06-2010, 05:50 PM
apexi n1? loud as hell though

DEMON83
25-06-2010, 06:06 PM
any one have J's Racing Headers with 70rs exhaust to match?

M@lew
25-06-2010, 06:10 PM
any one have J's Racing Headers with 70rs exhaust to match?

Monty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9AM0E0yrzw

I believe it's 117 db @ 6,000 rpm.

OMG.JAI xD
28-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks boiz.

bennet654
29-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Dont know where your at with this thread, but if its your daily mate the skunk2 megapower will be so damn loud! I have with stock headers and cat and it is damn loud, along with cabin drone! But does it sound good? HELL YES!!!!

OMG.JAI xD
30-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Bennet,

Please elaborate on damn loud lol. This is my daily.

Do you have the 60mm or 70mm skunk2 megapower and also what sort of sound does it five off. eg. deep, droney etc.

Performance wise can you feel a difference?

Any info would be great buddy.

thanks

WATAJK
30-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Bennet,

Please elaborate on damn loud lol. This is my daily.

Do you have the 60mm or 70mm skunk2 megapower and also what sort of sound does it five off. eg. deep, droney etc.

Performance wise can you feel a difference?

Any info would be great buddy.

thanks

I don't have this exhaust (i've got an X-Force System) but i don't think you will feel a difference in performance as most of the performance will come when you change your headers (Im not saying this exhaust doesn't give gains) but im just saying you won't feel a difference until you most likely change your extractors (could be wrong though :))

mnc
30-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Unless the exhaust is aftermarket but restrictive. you can definately feel restrictive exhausts lols

OMG.JAI xD
30-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Hi Mate,

I see where your coming from and i would suspect so. As stated ive got toda headers + toda custom cat to go with this just looking from the best combination to make power is all i want.
Thanks for the input.

M@lew
01-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Tune ;)

WATAJK
01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
If you have the headers + cat then i'd say you'd feel a difference as you did it the way most people should... but dont lol...
Headers + Cat then Exhaust
While most go
Exhaust then headers + cats (Like me :P)

I'd say skunk would be good but the main difference between the 60mm and 70mm would most likely be the note of the exhaust i'd say.

koevi
01-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Hey mate,

I just got my Toda header and Fujitsubo RM01A exhaust fitted with a high flow cat and DAYMMMM its AWESOMEE!!!! Power increase is VERY noticeable! and the RM01A is not too loud when your just cruising ( less cop attention) and screams when u open it up (VTEC Yo!). If you want slightly louder then powergetter would be an option, so if you drive your car as a daily i would recommend RM01a or powergetter...for me the Skunk2 is too loud as a daily.

Hope this helps!

AsHw3e
01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey mate,

I just got my Toda header and Fujitsubo RM01A exhaust fitted with a high flow cat and DAYMMMM its AWESOMEE!!!! Power increase is VERY noticeable! and the RM01A is not too loud when your just cruising ( less cop attention) and screams when u open it up (VTEC Yo!). If you want slightly louder then powergetter would be an option, so if you drive your car as a daily i would recommend RM01a or powergetter...for me the Skunk2 is too loud as a daily.

Hope this helps!

hahaha your loving it bro :P

koevi
02-07-2010, 08:48 AM
hahaha your loving it bro :P

yayerrr, i live life over 5,600rpm yo! hahahaha

AsHw3e
02-07-2010, 10:07 AM
yayerrr, i live life over 5,600rpm yo! hahahaha

Lmaooo that's it.

OMG.JAI xD
02-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the input boyz

bennet654
02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Hey mate,

sorry for the late reply :(... I got the 60mm only because I had read how loud it was gonna be! anyway althought its obvious that most power comes from headers, you do feel a gain in mid - high rpm! Its like the car has more breath... If all your after is power and you dont care about cops and your hearing go for the 70mm 'R' version of the megapower! But i promise you my 60mm on start up if I place my head behind the car its so deep that it vibrates my voice and if the muffler is aligned with my ear (with a 1 meter gap of course) it disorientates your senses. so 70mm just scares the crap outta me... If you ask me with your setup koevi has got it 100% right! get fujitsubo.. any questions just PM me

OMG.JAI xD
03-07-2010, 10:11 AM
hey man,

Thanks for that i think im going to go with the skunk2 megapower r i like loud cars lol.

Getting it in next week at toda so i'll let u boys know how it goes.