PDA

View Full Version : abs problem on dc2!

pzaway
25-06-2010, 10:36 PM
i recently done a lower balljoint on my dc2 but as i was pulling the arm down to put the strut in i accidently stretched the abs cable (i think i split it) now the abs light goes on everytime i drive i tried plugging a scan tool to the car but the scan took cant even read from the 3pins plug, and i dont know anyone that has the 2pins plug its a fluid abd does that mean i have to take it to honda ? any help appreciated thanks guys

PaulsTeg
27-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Hi,

I think you may have broken the Wheel Speed Sensor. The ABS uses individual wheel speed sensors to determine when and which wheel locks up and if the ABS module can not detect these sensors it will through an error; hence the ABS telltale on the cluster.

You can try to fix the cable if your good with a soldering iron but it would be best to get a new one.

BTW, your ABS will not be functioning fully so brake with caution if you regularly experience ABS events.

As for the scan tool, this is a separate issue not related to the ABS issue. I think the wrong pin out is used or the communication protocols are not set up correctly. Try the shorting-out of the 2 pin plug trick with IG-ON.

Good luck!

aaronng
28-06-2010, 07:58 AM
Scan tools work off the OBD port, not through the 2/3-pin connector for shorting.