PDA

View Full Version : Arc Air intake box

brendan1990
25-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Does anyone know much on this intake? my 'supplier' tells me that it stores cold air within the box so when you need the power you instantly have cold air, which i thought sounded wicked, but i would love to know from someone who may have experience with this particular setup.

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt49/sch131vi/arc_s2_intake.jpg

STAiN MASTER
26-06-2010, 01:47 AM
I dont think this intake has an air conditioner for it to store cold air, what ever the ambient temp is what it will be sucking, i think your 'supplier' is trying to sell you it, from what ive read this intake works the same as the stock one, this just looks pretty.

If you want something cheap by the sounds of your other post for the great ocean road, you might want to look up "s2000 air duct' on ebay.

ludecrs
26-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Quite possibly the worst performing air intake kit on the market, with proven HP loss all round.

Research is your friend.....

jbird
26-06-2010, 08:47 AM
It works just as good as taking your airbox lid off!

If you want the same noise change to a foam filter and voila.

Way cheaper than an ARC just doesn't look as bling.

IMO waste of money

brendan1990
26-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I dont think this intake has an air conditioner for it to store cold air, what ever the ambient temp is what it will be sucking, i think your 'supplier' is trying to sell you it, from what ive read this intake works the same as the stock one, this just looks pretty.

If you want something cheap by the sounds of your other post for the great ocean road, you might want to look up "s2000 air duct' on ebay.

this isnt for the great ocean road im just looking into something with some bigger gains afterwards i wanted to see how the car feels then do some basic mods like intake or possibly coilovers if i can afford it then go down to the road again and see the improvements, although by everyones reactions in my g.o.r post i'd be better off doing these sort of experiments on the road,anyway i did a little research on this intake and allot of people said it suffered from 'heat soak' i dont know exactly what that is but if its to do with heat i dont like it. Now the guy selling it is selling for about $500.00 and said he has one coming in on monday he is fitting to an evo so he said his happy for me to come down and check it out, but would something different be going on with the evo cause its turbo charged that would allow this intake system to be giving better results than it would for an s2?

STAiN MASTER
26-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Your better of with an AEM intake or a K&N FIPK for less then that which has proven HP gains.

As for it working better on an Evo without any dyno results it hard to say, but as for this ARC intake on the S2000 its not good at all.

Tai
26-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Worst intake you can get on the market.

Jsut for looks tbh,

brendan1990
26-06-2010, 11:32 AM
ok well these are the responses i need, what are the snorkel's like compared to these intakes? and i would love for vyets to join this conversation cause his intake is this big bloody bubble of a thing so i would love to know what its like (i think its vyets anyway)

STAiN MASTER
26-06-2010, 12:04 PM
He prob has the J's racing intake.

The snorkle directs air from the front of the bumper into the stock air intake box, similar to how the J's racing snorkle + intake kit works.

You cant go wrong with the J's racing intake as their products are tested and used on their racing s2000's, this is prob what I will get in future.

ChromZ
26-06-2010, 10:51 PM
best to go with snorkle type intakes... cant go wrong

heres a Spoon one for sale:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?127608-NSW-Misc-parts-sale-s2k-parts-Semi-slicks.

stndrd
28-06-2010, 10:52 AM
they suffer from heat soak beacuse the exhaust manifold is right behind the air box and there is no heat shield to block off the hot air that radiats off the manifold. i reckon with a nice cold air feed from a modified snorkel and a heat sheild this box would come into its own (tho s2k owners will say otherwise) as this is what i am running on my eg5 (snorkle feeds from front bumper up into engine bay and the air is directed to the bottom filter of the airbox

vyets
28-06-2010, 12:14 PM
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=634401

ludecrs
24-07-2010, 04:22 PM
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d109353283

Like $220 bucks.

Tai
25-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Filter is manky as hell.

DONT WANT !

ludecrs