PDA

View Full Version : Major Service - 100/200000 km service

munkaii
26-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi all,

Just writing up a list of all the parts/processes required during a major service? Off the top of my head, I have the following:

- Air Filter
- Spark Plugs
- Timing Belt
- AC Belt
- PS Belt
- Water pump
- Oil pump, yes no?

Anything else on the list?

Cheers
Kevin

TheSaint
26-06-2010, 04:23 PM
get CV boots / drive shaft boots checked,
get the steering rack bushs/tie rod ends checked,
wheels/tyres checked,
check the power steering pump for leaks etc,
get the timing done, oil + trans fluid + coolant changed with all OEM products
injectors checked + cleaned
get brakes checked for fluid + pads + drums etc,

hrm ... duno what else lol

Raztaz
26-06-2010, 06:06 PM
tappet adjustments

stndrd
28-06-2010, 11:06 AM
is ther service for the ek1 or crv? p/steering & a/c belts should really only be changed if they are cracked or have ribs already stripped (happens after belt cracks) and did you get just the timing belt by itself or did you get timing belt kit (cam/crank/oil pump front seals & idler pulleys included with belt). the oil pump usually isnt replaced just because you have hit xxx,xxxkms. depending on the service history of the car, a 100k service varies. if it has a average or below average service history, go from front to back and change all fluids and oils (coolant, engine oil, manual gearbox or auto trans oil, brake fluid) all filters (oil, air, fuel) the timing belt (including kit) and the spark plugs. if you know how to do valve clearances, do that as well, otherwise get a reputable mechanic to carry it out. then when you are underneath the car check all cv & rack boots for splits/tears/complete seperation, check all suspension bushes, check condition of brake pads & rotors/drums and pretty much anything else that doesnt look right. if it has a top notch service history, go thru all your records and work out from manufactures recommendations what needs replacing and only replace what is required (because you dont want to put a brand new set of platinum plugs in if they were done last service at a workshop etc etc)

EK1.6LCIV
29-06-2010, 07:41 AM
- Air Filter yes
- Spark Plugs yes
- fuel filter
- Timing Belt yes
crank and cam seals yes
- AC Belt doubtful mine are still oem items lol
- PS Belt same as above
- valve cover gasket
- clutch master and slave, check for leaks in the cabin at the master cylinder
- Water pump do every 100,000k as it's easy to change during the timing belt service
- Oil pump, yes no? I'd do at 250-300ks service as my sump gasket needed doing around then and there's an o-ring in the oil pump that can leak around this time
around this time and the cost of a new oil pump isnt much more than a water pump also get a new clutch (mine lasted til this point, yes the oem one...), (full kit comes with associated bearing, tool etc), machine flywheel, change rear main seal as it would've leaked by now and under the flywheel it's there and easy to change when it's off
- tappets altho I havent had to adjust mine in my entire ownership as they were done at before the first major 100k service
- check rear trailing arm bushes as they'll more than likely need doing, not a bad way to spend 4hrs lol
- possibly a radiator if it's over 200k, mine blew it's top tank around this point, if you had spare cash be wise to get an alum sent over from the usa in the new few months after doing this service

-that's about it, mine's lasted for years, going on a decade, I'm convinced the engine will last as long as my workmates diesel 80s straight 6 benz, as at the last major when I inspected the bottom end it had the best mirror finish on the walls :)

lo0se3r
09-07-2010, 10:50 AM
any idea how much they would cost? and where did you guys have it done?

Thanks

hitoriko
10-07-2010, 02:06 PM
do everything but the tappet adjust, timing belt& tensior, water pump, oil pump, injectors yourself

save you time and money, the rest is basic service so you do your basic then to a trusted mechanic