PDA

View Full Version : 04 Euro Key Issue

akzz
27-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Hello Peeps,

Got an issue with my key. After searching the forum for key modifications (espcially the famed flip-out key), I seem to be stuck in the same boat.

I got the flip out key, got it cut, changed the bits over including the transponder but the car didn't start. So I thought of reversing the procedure, and assembling my OEM key back together, now the OEM key doesn't lock/unlock via the remote. I can unlock/lock the car manually and start it too.

As a result, I went to two different Honda dealers and got two different responses"

1) The key is stuffed, and has to be replaced
2) The main door (driver's door) actuator is stuffed and has to be replaced.

Any ideas?

The little red LED light on the key seems to flicker, and stay on constantly at times. Am not sure if the remote can be fixed or if there is a way around it?

kksh
27-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Do you just have the one key or a spare? If so, does the spare work? The remote locking/unlocking is done by the remote which can be programmed if you have another working one.

As for the flip key not starting, did you transfer the glass immobiliser chip from within the OEM key?

aaronng
28-06-2010, 07:56 AM
There are 3 sections in the key. The metal key itself, the remote lock/unlock module and a tiny black immobiliser chip. You probably did not transfer the immobiliser chip over when you swapped over to the flip key. The chip is on the case of the original key, underneath the remote module.

akzz
30-06-2010, 06:36 PM
I did swap the chip over but it didn't seem to work. I am still having issues with the actual unlocking/locking with the original key.

MickEuro
30-06-2010, 08:04 PM
hey akzz, did you buy this one to do the conversion ? Would this work?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/03-04-05-06-07-HONDA-ACCORD-ALLin1-FLIP-KEY-REMOTE-FOB-/360268971570?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e1b43e32

akzz
30-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Yea, this is the one I got but it talks about programming? I'm a bit sussed out with that. Unfortunately, my dealer only gave me one key when i got the car, don't have a spare so I cant stuff around with one and use the other!

I took a punt and its turning out expensive if something doesn't work.

aaronng
01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Yea, this is the one I got but it talks about programming? I'm a bit sussed out with that. Unfortunately, my dealer only gave me one key when i got the car, don't have a spare so I cant stuff around with one and use the other!

I took a punt and its turning out expensive if something doesn't work.
Dealer should have given you the spare 2nd key. Even if the previous owner lost the spare key, they should have still made a new one for you.

HunterZero
01-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Dealer should have given you the spare 2nd key. Even if the previous owner lost the spare key, they should have still made a new one for you.

Unfortunately if he bought the car 2nd hand and it only came with 1 key, he's stuffed now. I don't think that the dealer is required to give you 2 keys. The car was probably traded in with only one key, previous owner may have lost 1 key. It happens. If a dealer tries to sell you a car with 1 key, you should make the deal then and there for 2 keys, and not pay extra for it.

You may have damaged the key electronics, or there's finger grease over the key battery terminals. Clean the contacts and try a new battery? Or the unlock microswitch button might need a clean with some spray cleaner.

- HZ