PDA

View Full Version : ek9 floor mats

nikolaz01
27-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Hi guys, i have a ek4 but im using ek9 floor mats they always seem to keep moving up as i do not have a hook in the floor for the mat to not slip.

What would be the best way to hold the floor mat from not slipping? is there a hook i purchase or would i have to weld one on.

p.s i have tried velcro that didnt work to well still slipped.

thanks

JDM-05R
28-06-2010, 03:01 PM
hey man not sure if it will work for your mats but i know that under mats in houses you can buy this anti slip underlayer from carpets shops. it stops the mat from slipping.

hope this help (not sure if it will work for cars tho but if your really desperate then its worth a shoot)

http://www.asiamats.com/img/Foam-Pvc-Rug-Pads-(Anti-slip-underlay)-DSC01882-big.jpg

yellows2k
28-06-2010, 04:09 PM
those rubber things u can get at most dollar shops, not sure it will work as its against fabric, give it a shot,its cheap

nikolaz01
28-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Sweet i'll give that ago thanks! i'd like to hear some op on those who are running ek9 floor mats too please

defect
28-06-2010, 08:52 PM
theres a hook for the drivers side. however, the passenger and rears will still move.

the hooks only came in option models which came with floor mats.
and its also discounted from honda, so u cnnot buy them brand new anymore

please keep us posted how the anti slip mats are.

DC5.Raven
29-06-2010, 12:05 AM
Sweet i'll give that ago thanks! i'd like to hear some op on those who are running ek9 floor mats too please

I've also got EK9 mats on my EK. Dont seem to have any slippage problems though...
Dont have it hooked or anything either. Mats aren't attached to anything.