PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust tip

ljy1990
28-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Hey guys
i currently own a honda crx 94' and was deciding to get a new exhaust tip to get a louder sound..
im kinda new to modifying cars and everything but from what i have read, i heard you can either weld the tip on or get a tip that can fit into the actual middle section of the muffler,
just wondering about size measurements to get a exhaust tip that can fit, and if not, what are some things to watch out for if i am to get it welded on?
also what size is decent to get a reasonable "deep" sound, not a fart can..

thanks in advance guys

Zilli
28-06-2010, 07:33 AM
hey mate, generally when people want to change the exhaust note of their car they chage the rear muffler and/or. People who want to improve performance do the entire system potentially right up to the header.

Changing the tip will not achieve this for you.

if you want a deep sound go for an oval muffler

pablos8
28-06-2010, 08:14 AM
As above stated, the tip is generally for aesthetics, if you want to change the sound change to an aftermarket muffler, getting an aftermarket catback system will also help change the sound. For increased performance, aftermarket headers, hi flow cat, aftermarket catback and muffler will increase your performance if done right

ljy1990
28-06-2010, 04:47 PM
ah i see, well currently im just going for the sound, where can i find the diameter for the tips to fit the tailpipe? i've been searching on google, but i think i might be searching the wrong phrases..
and i read something about having to get the right size "exhaust tip" or it wont fit at all to the car?
what are something i have to look out for, when buying and installing a new exhaust tip?

bennet654
28-06-2010, 05:00 PM
If you are fanatic about JDM parts, you may have to do a bit of hunting around for the del sol... But on the other hand, although I have never used an xforce muffler I have heard good things and if you are just after sound you really couldnt go past xforce for price and availability.. based in Sydney aswell and in my personal opinion I would rather buy a branded exhaust that has history rather than go to an exhaust workshop and them grab a no name brand off the rack..

check out: http://xforce.rtrk.com.au/?scid=40953&kw=434715:21956&pub_cr_id=4660391053

on the page go for the canon muffler!

spastic
02-07-2010, 08:07 PM
if u gone get a bigger exhaust tip u need to get a reducer, to cover the excess part of the small exhasut tip u had. i suggest u just go to a place that does exhasut. they noe their shit, i did mine they made it bigger plus welded it on for i think lyk 60-80 bux or soemthing.