hey guys

i think i snapped my clutch cable,
when car off gear box works

but when is dosent go into gears coz the clutch peddle is just loose

wat do you guys think?

moey
28-06-2010, 06:47 PM
hey

have u tried engaging it into gear while off then turn on car with foot on clutch to see what happens??

does it feel like while your putting the clutch in theres no pressure at all??

i had a similar problem while driving i wanted to drop bak to second gear and the clutch pressure all of a sudden was gone..turned out to be the clutch pressure plate..to fix new clutch kit

mykexd
28-06-2010, 08:54 PM
yea it feels like their is no pressure at all

geeang
28-06-2010, 10:51 PM
1/ You have a hydraulic clutch - there is no clutch cable.
2/ If your clutch pedal just drops to the floor then you most likely have a fluid leak in the Clutch master/slave cylinder.
3/ If the clutch pedal is fine but it's very difficult to get into gear while the car is on, it might be dead Input Shaft Bearings in your gearbox.
4/ Could also be clutch related - best to take it to a mechanic and get it checked out.

vtecing
29-06-2010, 06:39 PM
lol at clutch cable.

could be leaking slave cyl, very common on dc2. does it get stuck in gear too?

KofS2s
29-06-2010, 10:30 PM
I have a Brand New genuine Honda clutch slave cylinder for sale
$100 + postage. will most likely fix your problem.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?135355-FS-DC2-EG6-or-DC2R-SPOON-LOWER-CONTROL-ARM-BUSH-SET-amp-GENUINE-CLUTCH-SLAVE-CYLINDER

geeang
29-06-2010, 10:47 PM
lol at clutch cable.

could be leaking slave cyl, very common on dc2. does it get stuck in gear too?

I have a Brand New genuine Honda clutch slave cylinder for sale
$100 + postage. will most likely fix your problem.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?135355-FS-DC2-EG6-or-DC2R-SPOON-LOWER-CONTROL-ARM-BUSH-SET-amp-GENUINE-CLUTCH-SLAVE-CYLINDER

Note to OP - the common problem in DC2's is a leaking MASTER cylinder, the slave leaking happens but is not as common as the master. Best to get a mechanic to check it out and diagnose your problem first.

vtecing
30-06-2010, 08:00 AM
sorry your right, i meant master cyl. run your finger up the back of the clutch lever to check for leaking.

VTECMACHINE
30-06-2010, 01:45 PM
As said, prob s a master cylinder. Check behind your pedels on the wall to see if it's wet, and it could have leaked down under your feet and stuff. Make sure you clean this up, as a mate had corrosion from this.

mykexd
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
thanks alot ill go check it out, and prob take it to mechanic soon.

vtecing
02-07-2010, 07:58 AM
on a similar note, my clutch sometimes feels like it gets 'stuck in'. Ive only just recently rebuilt my master cyl and i checked and doesnt seem to be leaking.