PDA

View Full Version : my stock fd1

speedysteve
29-06-2010, 05:12 PM
hey guys any suggestion what mods i should do to my stock civic tvil 2009 first? :)

xenonkuraz
29-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Nighthawk black is hawt.

1. Intake
2. Exhaust
3. Lighting i.e. HIDs & LEDs (parkers, dome lights, license plate)

They're pretty good mods to begin with :)

Reclus
29-06-2010, 11:02 PM
First thing, tear off that label at the right bottom corner of your windscreen...
you don't have to tell everyone how efficient your car is.. LOL

stradlegroove
30-06-2010, 12:22 AM
It depends on what mod theme you after. Generally, I would say window tinting and wheels (also lowering it if possible) because they change the look of the car dramatically :) Just follow your instinct & let your creativity flow.

quangsuke
30-06-2010, 01:57 AM
live above. it depends on what your after.
if your after handling mods you go coilovers sways struts wheels etc
if your after looks, lower your car wheels tint, HIDs etc
if your after performance, exhaust, CAI, SRI etc

the possibilities are limitless.
go through this forum and find out what have other people done to their FD's and see which one you like.

aero
30-06-2010, 03:01 AM
exhaust and intake wont do much to our cars imo. except deceive u and others that ur car is fast. which its not...
i'd just skip all of that and buy it some zorst tips, some nice wheels and then dump the crap out of it :D

like this!

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs282.snc3/27770_129142937096865_100000034788583_346863_72169 86_n.jpg

xenonkuraz
30-06-2010, 07:03 AM
That guy shouldve got some bigger wheels.

fitme
30-06-2010, 08:54 AM
+1 to Aero.....just keep it clean..get some nice wheels and drop it

Zilli
30-06-2010, 09:03 AM
wow, cmon man... are you serious? ffs do some research here and actually stop and think about whats important to you with your car and go from there...

UNLS1
30-06-2010, 10:18 AM
u cant make em go quick, so u may aswel make it look cool!

threesix
30-06-2010, 11:43 AM
^^ what he said

wheels + slamming it is a must. **** all that other stuff.

speedysteve
30-06-2010, 11:49 AM
thx guys :) i did heaps of researchs already haha
my fd comes with tinted windows from the dealer... :)
this might sound stupid but the main thing i wonder about its if will my insurance still cover my fd if i modify it..
and like i want to lower it but dont you hav go get an special premit from rta or something? anyone got any ideas?

speedysteve
30-06-2010, 12:03 PM
exhaust and intake wont do much to our cars imo. except deceive u and others that ur car is fast. which its not...
i'd just skip all of that and buy it some zorst tips, some nice wheels and then dump the crap out of it :D

like this!

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs282.snc3/27770_129142937096865_100000034788583_346863_72169 86_n.jpg

Yeh i agree with you exhaust and intake wont do much but it does give your car a nice sound and also attracts ppl but also cops :S i got tips for the exhaust costs me $50 and got my window tinted today :)
i got save up for some rims they cost abit and atm the stock rims its 16s which isnt that bad
im thinking of lower it but dont you hav get special premit from rta or something and will the insurance still cover it if i modify it? any suggestion?
thanks guys x

speedysteve
30-06-2010, 12:05 PM
First thing, tear off that label at the right bottom corner of your windscreen...
you don't have to tell everyone how efficient your car is.. LOL

dw the sticker is off ,i took the pics first day i brought the car which is december last year thats why its on it lol

xenonkuraz
30-06-2010, 03:32 PM
All you guys saying 'no point doing performance mods' makes me sad...

There are plenty of fast R18's in the US with moderate amounts of mods...

With that kind of attitude no wonder all the Civics around are 'all show and no go'

aero
30-06-2010, 03:42 PM
most parts for the r18s are from the states. and it will cost u an arm an a leg to import them over, then pay tax, then install it, then tune it. by the time u do all of that, u may as well have bought a k20 or k24.
im just saying that unless ur really keen and have a lot of money, making ur r18 "fast" is probably too much to bother with for most people.

xenonkuraz
30-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey man I wouldn't say most. I just want future FD1 owners to know that there are lots of parts available and they're not anymore costly than getting parts for your EG/DC/CD/EK etc. I've got mates who buy performance parts from Thailand, China and the states all online for the prices you'd expect to pay for any other car.

People like to think the R18's and the K20Z2's aren't popular for tuning but I've seen quite the opposite. They're good platforms! :)

aero
30-06-2010, 09:05 PM
if u compare the r18 and the k20z2 to the other engines honda has or use to have, these are clearly not the best to modify or tune. the r18a in particular, was designed only for fuel economy. its a sohc engine, but unlike its predecessors, it's i-vtec system is only there to provide more fuel economy during the low rev ranges.
apart from the engine, the 8th gen civics are the heaviest out of all its ancestors. hondas are famous for going fast, not through pure power, but because of the power/weight ratio. given that the r18 engines are econoboxes and that the body is the heaviest it's ever been, i really do not think it is worth spending money on an r18 for low-mild gains.

i love the shape of the 8th gen sedan. i think it looks awesome with a bit of cosmetic mods. performance wise, it is very lack luster as opposed to the other k series motors.

curtis265
30-06-2010, 09:13 PM
fast r18?

i lol'd.

the only fast one has got turbo installed

Stig
30-06-2010, 09:14 PM
r18 engine is not worth modding for performance fullstop, even if you turbo at 6psi you're still pulling less power than a stock k20a

just do what everyone else is doing, bling mods (wheels and dump the hell out of it LOL)

unless you do a proper k20 conversion

curtis265
30-06-2010, 09:16 PM
You have two of the same threads.

but do what you like, don't take advice from others. Do what makes you happy, not necessarily ozhonda.

it's ur car, not ozhonda's.

DLO01
30-06-2010, 09:26 PM
One thread only man. Merged them both.

mocchi
30-06-2010, 09:57 PM
You have two of the same threads.

but do what you like, don't take advice from others. Do what makes you happy, not necessarily ozhonda.

it's ur car, not ozhonda's.

true, but most people can't really do this. if society bags you for what you are, usually you would want to change to be accepted.
only the strong willed can be different!

aero
30-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeh i agree with you exhaust and intake wont do much but it does give your car a nice sound and also attracts ppl but also cops :S i got tips for the exhaust costs me $50 and got my window tinted today :)
i got save up for some rims they cost abit and atm the stock rims its 16s which isnt that bad
im thinking of lower it but dont you hav get special premit from rta or something and will the insurance still cover it if i modify it? any suggestion?
thanks guys x

nice. how dark is the tint?

u shouldnt need any permit to have ur car lowered. here in qld, the general rule is that ur car should be fine if lowered, however it cannot be 100mm or below from the ground at any point. not sure about other states tho.
as far as insurance goes, if u dont want to lose ur money if u get into an accident or damage ur kit or wheels, its best to let them know of ur modifications.

speedysteve
30-06-2010, 11:01 PM
nice. how dark is the tint?

u shouldnt need any permit to have ur car lowered. here in qld, the general rule is that ur car should be fine if lowered, however it cannot be 100mm or below from the ground at any point. not sure about other states tho.
as far as insurance goes, if u dont want to lose ur money if u get into an accident or damage ur kit or wheels, its best to let them know of ur modifications.

its pretty dark you cant see whats inside from outside cost me .
yeh i live nsw so might be different i will go and ask the insurance company and stuff 2mor to find out about it :) thanks man

speedysteve
30-06-2010, 11:12 PM
guys i know r18 isnt fast lol but i reckon the handling its pretty good :)
and i probably won't do any performance mods if i want performance
i would of got a second hand EP3 but i dont really like the look of ep3 and i just want a new car
and i like the look of fd. i more into exterior mods

i want to make it look unique something like ej20i's fd from edge-racing :)

m.o.d.aus
01-07-2010, 12:02 AM
Was waiting for his FD to show up haha!

As the others have said, do what makes you happy, and if similar mods to what the above FD has had done to it make you happy, then pursuie those mods :D

The hottest thing i've seen on an FD, was the little led's that flow around the 'outside' of the headlight, following the shape, like the new audi's have :) that would be unique!

speedysteve
01-07-2010, 12:27 AM
The hottest thing i've seen on an FD, was the little led's that flow around the 'outside' of the headlight, following the shape, like the new audi's have :) that would be unique!

I agree with you thats what im going to do to my fd led strips just along the bottom of the headlights :)

curtis265
01-07-2010, 02:04 AM
lol i thnik i got myself ultraconfused.

It's not that unique, i've seen quite a few... and they're all over the audi's anyway.

But here's an idea for you - dont' stick them on the headlights, hide them underneath

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting/184326-led-glow-your-headlights-diy-pics-56k-doom-u.html

speedysteve
01-07-2010, 02:09 AM
lol i thnik i got myself ultraconfused.

It's not that unique, i've seen quite a few... and they're all over the audi's anyway.

But here's an idea for you - dont' stick them on the headlights, hide them underneath

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting/184326-led-glow-your-headlights-diy-pics-56k-doom-u.html

thank you :)
but i possible get someone else whos know better than me to do it instead of do it myself :P