PDA

View Full Version : Centre Muffler or not?

act_gooner
29-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey guys,
Hoping to get my exhaust system done this week or next but I'm just wondering if I should do a straight pipe from the Catalyctic converter to my rear muffler or keep the centre muffler? I have an Xforce twinloop and would like to create a nice sound. Any thoughts? Thanks

DLO01
29-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Twin loops do a great job of muffling sound on their own. Really depends on how quiet you'd want it? If you want it quiet, then get the center done, if not leave it out.

act_gooner
29-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I want it loud but I don't want my 4 cylinder car sounding like an 8 cylinder if you know what I mean. Thats basically why I bought the twinloop, but was thinking there may not be a noticable difference if I keep the centre muffler?

Zilli
30-06-2010, 09:06 AM
usually they put a resonator between the cat and the back pipe... this makes your exhaust not deeper and smoother

act_gooner
30-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Well I booked it in this morning for next week, I said I'll go a straight pipe and he said its pretty easy for them to put a resonator back in if its too loud without it.

pablos8
30-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Like stated above, using a twinloop helps muffle the sound, even if you get a catback without a resonator I really doubt it'll sound anything like a cannon, so don't worry too much, if you want a bit of a louder sound don't put the resonator in :)