01-07-2010, 12:51 AM
Hey guys

*im looking to buy a accord euro in few months

*budget 18k
*anything to look out for? When inspecting

thanks maslo

SPO73D
01-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Searching is the key on this site, most of the content you need is out there.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?104450-So-i-want-to-buy-an-accord-euro...&highlight=Problems+euro

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?114509-Problems-with-the-Euro&highlight=Buying

Good luck with your purchase :)

djpro1
01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Go for a luxury version 2006+ model. I'm sure u can find one that's done less than 100k km luxury 06+ facelift model. An easy way to tell is that the newer facelift models have blue headlights in the parker area and much brighter. Also, the steering wheel and dash are a lot better looking in the newer models.

Things to look out for!

Ask seller to leave the car off for half a day or so.. This is to test how the car starts up cold. I would always want to see how hard it is for the car to start first before anything. Warm starts can trick you!

• Make sure all bulbs are working, indicators, brake lights, tail lights.
• Spare tyre in the boot of the trunk.
• Test both keys and hold down the unlock button to see if the windows go down automatically 
• Check horn. BONK!!
• Make sure all dash lights go off after you turn on the car and buckle up.
• Drive speeds up to at least 100km/hr to see shift in gears are smooth.
• Test wipers and water.
• Check VIN number under the hood.
• Check REVS to ensure theres no debt owing on the car.
• Never pay cash and pay bank cheque ($10 is safer than carrying $18000 cash)
• Get all paper work done asap from RTA to transfer the vehicle.
• All windows working correctly.
• Doors shut/close with ease.
• Open the bonnet and see the colour of the engine oil.
• Buy one which is serviced regularly. Preferably Honda.. Log books are also great too!
• Check for brake squeaking.
• Drive on a windy road and see how the steering wheel behaves if possible.
• Ensure idle RPM range is correct around 800.
• Look for minor dings and scratches, at first you wont notice them because you’ll be dazzled by the beauty of the Euro. Here you can bargain the car down 
• Look for any irregular paintwork, could be sign of repair from accident (don’t believe them when they say its never been in a major accident! You never know unless they filed a police report)
• Look for any irregular panels. Ie. If a panel is protruding out more than it should be and not aligned with the other panels, high chance of car being in an accident.
• If you’re paranoid, get the car to a mechanic and tested for $100. They will hoist the car up and look under it to see if there’s any damage as the owner might’ve run over a few kerbs etc.. This could mean new CV joints, alignment and a whole lot more.

• Take it to vtec if you’re daring (assuming the seller lets you :P ) then scream ivtec just kicked in yo!!!!! (just kidding)

mykexd
01-07-2010, 04:49 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8780822&__Qpb=true&Cr=8&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294965100%20903%20%20412&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&PriceTo=412&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=65&__sid=1298659759A9

wat do guys think ov this?

djpro1
01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8780822&__Qpb=true&Cr=8&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216%201246%201247%201252%201282%204294965322% 204294965100%20903%20%20412&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&PriceTo=412&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=65&__sid=1298659759A9

wat do guys think ov this?

Theres nothing like going there yourself and testing the car out for yourself. must say it has very very decent mods. Full Mugen you'd be looking at 4000$ just itself and later on I guess if you want, you can part out. Otherwise, I think its priced quite well. From the pictures though its very sex

mykexd
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
yea that wat i tough, from looks im loving it... but have to go and check it out if any problems.

thanks alot

Simonnn
01-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Doubt it'd be a genuine kit, but the car looks decent! go check it out :)

HunterZero
01-07-2010, 06:23 PM
That car is a pre-MY06. It's an earlier one. You can tell by the earlier steering wheel, and chrome trim on the bonnet. So straight away the listing is inaccurate.

I'd personally avoid any car with mods like that.

Mods like that have to be checked for legality or you might have trouble registering the car, or will be a magnet to be pulled over and checked by the cops. Make sure all the bits to undo the mods and take it back to stock are all there. Check as well for accident damage or repaint, and assume the car has had a hard life, as cars like that tend to be owned by younger drivers. The car could have been driven at track days.

Bodykits can be a pain as they lower clearance, and can look tatty afer a few scrapes. Check underside for scrapes. The bodykit may have had to be 'encouraged' to fit the car, especially if it's a cheap copy, so there may be other small areas of unseen damage under the kit.

Check condition of tires too. For wheels 18" or larger, tires get VERY expensive.

- HZ

ck.kyo
04-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Hey guys im also in the market to buy an accord euro, been doing research on it and have chosen to buy an 06+ model, i went to see 2 cars today and 1 i particularly like, http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8924529&YearFromShort=1650&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&MileageTo=750&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%204294965322%2042949 65100%204294927482%20898%20413%201621%201650%20%20 750&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&PriceTo=413&seot=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Nne=15&trecs=14&__sid=12817F3F5BF8 its black with black interior, i talked the price down to around 20k and the car runs smooth but when i went home to REVS check it, it says its a repairable write off! Anyone know what i should do?

HunterZero
04-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Honestly, I'd walk away. If that car is ever in a serious crash again, the car's safety features probably will not work as well the second time around. That's the reason the car is so cheap, and probably the reason why the owner is selling it.

- HZ

djpro1
04-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey guys im also in the market to buy an accord euro, been doing research on it and have chosen to buy an 06+ model, i went to see 2 cars today and 1 i particularly like, http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8924529&YearFromShort=1650&__Qpb=true&Cr=3&MileageTo=750&keywords=&__N=1216%201247%201282%201252%204294965322%2042949 65100%204294927482%20898%20413%201621%201650%20%20 750&SearchAction=N&silo=1011&PriceTo=413&seot=1&__Ns=pCar_RankSort_Int32|1||pCar_PriceSort_Decimal |1||pCar_Make_String|0||pCar_Model_String|0&__Nne=15&trecs=14&__sid=12817F3F5BF8 its black with black interior, i talked the price down to around 20k and the car runs smooth but when i went home to REVS check it, it says its a repairable write off! Anyone know what i should do?

walk away from any cars that have had major accidents. its always an unnecessary risk to take. just find a car that has NOT had any accidents or if they had, make sure it wasnt a write off and only a minor bumper replacement or something like that.

good luck hunting! for 20k you'll find luxury 2006+ model quite easy if ur good at bargaining

ck.kyo
04-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the help guys, i guess ill have to wait for the right one to come by again ! Damn i guess it was too good to be true eh? Anyways ill keep you guys updated when i find another one and need some feedback, thanks yet again guys!

Cheers.

djpro1
04-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the help guys, i guess ill have to wait for the right one to come by again ! Damn i guess it was too good to be true eh? Anyways ill keep you guys updated when i find another one and need some feedback, thanks yet again guys!

Cheers.

its still worth a look though! I would like to see it first hand and really ask the seller why he's selling. you should really be asking things that will answer things that relate to any problems in everyday driving. kinda have to drill it out of them

HunterZero
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
its still worth a look though! I would like to see it first hand and really ask the seller why he's selling. you should really be asking things that will answer things that relate to any problems in everyday driving. kinda have to drill it out of them

Seriously, this isn't good advice. The seller is always going to 'talk up' the car, and it is highly unlikely they are going to give you the whole story because they want to sell the car! It's just not worth the risk to buy a car like this. Your life is worth more than the couple of thousand dollars more it would cost to get an example that hasn't been heavily damaged and repaired.

And because the car will have essentially been rebuilt, you are more likely to find small problems with it - squeaks, rattles, minor blemishes, mismatched paintwork.

Some drivers may be willing to take that risk, but I would not be. It's not worth the risk to your personal safety if you're ever unlucky enough to be in a serious accident in that car. The Euro was a popular car, there are enough used examples of them around that you can pick and choose.

I heard that soon they are changing the laws so that if a car is written off, it will no longer be legal to repair it and put it back on the road? So no more repairable write-offs.

- HZ

djpro1
05-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Seriously, this isn't good advice. The seller is always going to 'talk up' the car, and it is highly unlikely they are going to give you the whole story because they want to sell the car! It's just not worth the risk to buy a car like this. Your life is worth more than the couple of thousand dollars more it would cost to get an example that hasn't been heavily damaged and repaired.

And because the car will have essentially been rebuilt, you are more likely to find small problems with it - squeaks, rattles, minor blemishes, mismatched paintwork.

Some drivers may be willing to take that risk, but I would not be. It's not worth the risk to your personal safety if you're ever unlucky enough to be in a serious accident in that car. The Euro was a popular car, there are enough used examples of them around that you can pick and choose.

I heard that soon they are changing the laws so that if a car is written off, it will no longer be legal to repair it and put it back on the road? So no more repairable write-offs.

- HZ

We always take a risk in buying an “unsafe” car whenever we purchase second hand! Just because it has mods doesn’t necessarily mean that it hasn’t been cared for and that there is something wrong with it. It can actually be the opposite in most cases where these sellers are enthusiasts themselves and have taken very good care of the car and serviced it regularly. If it has been a write off, then you can check that up on REVS before purchasing as well as the RTA website.
As I advised in my previous posts, I provided a list of things to check and if he is not confident in doing this, then surely a mechanic check up wont hurt. Personally, I don’t like having that many mods on the car either. It makes repairs very costly and time consuming. Getting a Mugen part over to Australia can take months and I don’t have the time to be waiting around for it to arrive.
The reason why I stated, go have a look is because then you’ll have something to compare the quality of Euros. If this car is a lemon as many suspect, then the next time you drive a lemon euro, you’ll know! Buying a second hand car is not as just going on a test drive and purchasing it, you need to do your study and ensure that at the end of the day, you got the best deal possible!

Cheers

HunterZero
05-07-2010, 01:19 PM
We always take a risk in buying an “unsafe” car whenever we purchase second hand! Just because it has mods doesn’t necessarily mean that it hasn’t been cared for and that there is something wrong with it. It can actually be the opposite in most cases where these sellers are enthusiasts themselves and have taken very good care of the car and serviced it regularly. If it has been a write off, then you can check that up on REVS before purchasing as well as the RTA website.

I was referring specifically to the repairable write-off. Trying to get information from people selling one of these is a waste of time. I'd be very surprised for example if they showed pictures of what it looked like as a wreck!

I do agree that enthusiasts who mod cars usually take care of their cars in the form of regular servicing. But some enthusiasts like to service/repair their cars themselves, and this can be either a good or a bad thing. And just as equally, a car that's been owned by a non-enthusiast can be neglected. But cars that are modified like that blue Euro are more likely to be driven quite enthusiastically, are more likely to have worn tires or mechanicals and minor repaired damage.

For me a lowered modified car is more about the headaches with replacement parts, passing registration or being defected, and "look at me" bodykits like that just aren't my thing - I'd rather not have to worry about scraping the bottom of the car on every other speed bump, parking ramp and driveway. Or have most people judge you, and look at you and say, "What a c*ck, why would you ruin a nice car like that.". And people who 'know' about these kits may even look down their nose on a fake Mugen kit... other car enthusiasts might say, "He screwed that up, I'd have put X Y and Z parts on it instead."

Not to mention, I'd rather not have my car look like cop bait and be pulled over to be checked by a cop every so often, or make the car stand out to vandals/thieves. I've seen people with these cars have their wings/bumpers/skirts stolen.

The fun with a modified car seems to be more in the process of modifying it. Not my thing. And if modifying is your thing, then I can't see you really wanting to buy someone else's 'pre made' project. Most people who mod cars have their own preference/taste for mods. You'd rather buy a stock one and modify it yourself with the modifications you like.

And insuring a modified car is going to be a pain, and will limit your choice.

When time comes to resell the car, fact is it's going to be a lot easier to sell it stock than it is modified. If you see a modded car you like with all the mods you like, then go for it. But bear in mind when you resell it, you are going to have to find someone who is a) after a modified car, and b) likes the same mods enough to buy it.

I saw one modified car regularly at a place I used to work at. It had for sale signs on it for months. The guy obviously couldn't sell it. Then he took off all the sad looking mods and reverted it to stock, and he sold it within a couple of weeks.

Saw another guy who lowered his car, but didn't have proper clearance on the guards. The front guards had buckled within days.

Horses for courses, though. If you like the look of a modified car, and are prepared to put up with the potential hassle, by all means go for it. But make sure that any modded car comes with the parts to take it back to stock without too much trouble.

Personally, I don’t like having that many mods on the car either. It makes repairs very costly and time consuming. Getting a Mugen part over to Australia can take months and I don’t have the time to be waiting around for it to arrive.

Agreed. If done right, showcars can look amazing, but most are done on the cheap, and they just look.... Cheap. I wish I had a dollar for every ruined 180SX with smashed bodykit I've seen around.

The reason why I stated, go have a look is because then you’ll have something to compare the quality of Euros. If this car is a lemon as many suspect, then the next time you drive a lemon euro, you’ll know! Buying a second hand car is not as just going on a test drive and purchasing it, you need to do your study and ensure that at the end of the day, you got the best deal possible!

Agreed. It's a great idea to drive as many examples of a used car as you can before you buy one. It all comes down to time and patience. Buying a car is tedious and stressful at the best of times unfortunately.

- HZ

rayd
05-07-2010, 06:26 PM
This one looks great!:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8963728

;)

djpro1
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM
This one looks great!:

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=8963728

;)

damn nice car :) can I ask how the interior is silver trim? Spray paint diy?