PDA

View Full Version : Buddyclub N+ vs BC-Racing BR

EUR005
01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
hi everyone ! this is my first post so...

I have a 05 accord euro on 20x8 wheels and am looking to buy either buddyclub N+ or BC-Racing BR coilovers

ive read around and cannot decide on either of the two.

is there another coilover in the same price range that is better than the two ?
which is better ??

thanks.

sodaz
01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I'm using Buddyclub N+ and it's good. Another one you can consider is Tein Superstreet/Flex in that price range. BC racing is cheaper and I think the general consensus is that they aren't as good quality.

felixd
02-07-2010, 12:06 AM
BC racing has the same spring rate i wonder if its the same :) plus they said its fully rebuild able :)

N3M3SIS
02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
I've got the BC Racing and i've been quite impressed with them, they cost a little less than the Tien, i think I paid around $1,600, but got a good deals as I had some other stuff done at the same time,

Retail was $1,800
Didnt even notice too mach harshness with the drive when i switched

EUR005
06-07-2010, 10:02 PM
ok after doin some reading and making some phone calls i have found,

tein Flex
2500 approx
made in Japan
2yr warranty
Urethane Pillowball
steel construction
10 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear
16 levels damper
teflon coating
REBUILDABLE

Buddyclub N+
approx 1600
made in taiwan/japan ???
1yr warranty
urethane all bushings
aluminium constr
12 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear
15 levels damper
not rebuildable

BC-Racing BR # A-29
approx 1300
made in taiwan
1yr warranty
pillowball made in japan
steel spring
10 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear
30 levels damper
mono tube design, 44mm piston/53mm housing
parts replaceable and cheap
camber adjustable topmounts

Pedders XA #160003
$1600
made in taiwan
2yr warranty aus
uses existing pillowball
alloy steel spring
12 kg/mm front, 6 kg/mm rear
30 levels damper
not rebuildable

all have :
-floating spring
-height adjustment
etc

i just stuck everything i found together with what i thought was comparable with the tein flex as a reference or benchmark

i think i may go for the BC-Racing because they have good feedback(although very little), are a complete unit , cheap and rebuildable

the N+'s are my next option because of so much positive feedback

pedders i thought id just look into but it doesnt make sense to me buying a coilover which noone has vouched for on a euro, no top mounts and made in taiwan like most cheaper coilovers. although they do come with a 2yr warranty............ and there pedders

teins they are it n a bit but are more than what im willing to spend

excuse the rambling :S

would 10/6 or 12/6 spring rate suit my car being lowered on 20s ?
would i need or want the top mounts for street driving ??
are the warranties these manafacturers reliable u think ??

would anyone share their opinion on which to go for ??

much appreciated ozhonda !

Neesmo31
07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
I have just gone with the N+ on the weekend. Great coilover, good build quality, easy to install, easy to change height (on front that is), comfy - perhaps a bit more comfortable than stock (i have set them to 5 clicks of soft) better handling than stock. Great product.

I just hope that they dont leak as you said they are not rebuildable, but i guess we will cross that bridge when we get to it. People on here are pushing their coils to 3 years with no problems.

Taken from JDM style - "The Buddy Club N+ damper come with a 2 years and 30,000km shock oil leak warranty"

HondaRacer
07-07-2010, 08:07 PM
BC-Racing BR great coilovers, A lot fo guys use these for drift cars. Super quality ! And it's monotube design, so it's better then Tein Flex which has twin tube desing. All coilovers which use monotube built would be better then twin tube ;)

EUR005
01-09-2010, 09:54 PM
so im back ! decided to buy BC's n just installed over the weekend thanks to a friend of mine with a lil coilover knowhow !

love the coilovers, got em tuned up n cant fault em. hopefully all goes well !!

Neesmo31
02-09-2010, 06:23 AM
They will go well. Mine are still excellent and havnt faulted them yet. Great product.

DR1V3R
02-09-2010, 01:27 PM
im also a happy BC coilover owner, great quality and they go slammed, and really thats what it all about in an Accord!!!

neborama
05-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Euro5,

I'm not going to be critical on which one is better, but I got my Buddyclub N+ installed back in April.
They are a great coilover, firmer than stock but good. However, do try to avoid small bumps as it can be quite harsh, esp potholes. Haven't had any issues (no strange noises or creaks) but things eventually wear out.

I got mine relatively cheap at $1550, then $220 at Top One for fitting, adjustments etc.

Check JDMYard for specials if you consider.

max9907.0422
05-09-2010, 09:43 PM
i think N+ or tein flex are a bit overkill for euro, unless u r taking it to track... i hv tein ss-does the job just perfect

Neesmo31
06-09-2010, 06:28 AM
The only reason i bought my N+ were that so i could adjust the height whenever i wanted. Not performance. I still havnt even had them stiff so i wouldnt know what they feel like all firmed up! lol

Euro1011
11-03-2011, 06:42 PM
Thinking of lowering the Euro. Would like better handling, lowering possibly 40-50mm on stock 16" rims. I have read elsewhere and in this forum that the BC Racing coilovers are good and does the job.
Auto shop is charging $1300 for the coilovers + $300 for installation.
Having looked at the BC website, I noticed there are different models of the coilovers.
My limited understanding of the PillowBall Upper Mount is you can adjust the camber plus gives about 10% more better handling but I read somewhere that might end up having noises from the Upper Mount but Rubber Mount don't.
Can someone please assist;
1) Is it better to go for all round PillowBall Upper Mount or just the fronts or just Rubber Mounts all round?

2) Explain a bit more on the PillowBall Top Mount

3) Do I need to purchase camber kit if I lower the car on stock 16 rims?

x10Hz
12-03-2011, 01:56 PM
1) Get the pillow ball upper mount, if you dont u have to re-use your stock tophat.

2) In the Euro which has double wishbone front suspension there is no top camber plate associated with the pillow ball upper mount. That is only available in McPherson type struts where the bottom of the strut bolts to the brake and hub assembly.
What the "pillow ball mount is" (taken from some website) The rubber bush is replaced with a pillow ball which eliminates the load input compliance, and reduces the change of alignment to improve the grip of the tire.

3) No.

Euro1011
12-03-2011, 03:18 PM
1) Get the pillow ball upper mount, if you dont u have to re-use your stock tophat.

2) In the Euro which has double wishbone front suspension there is no top camber plate associated with the pillow ball upper mount. That is only available in McPherson type struts where the bottom of the strut bolts to the brake and hub assembly.
What the "pillow ball mount is" (taken from some website) The rubber bush is replaced with a pillow ball which eliminates the load input compliance, and reduces the change of alignment to improve the grip of the tire.

3) No.

Cheers mate

jasonchow
13-03-2011, 11:41 AM
order N+ from USA ebay it will be cheaper than BC in aust

my friend just brought it from usa it cost him 1300 posted 3 weeks wait

kriZy
13-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Had my buddy club n+ on my ek for about 2months now and handling has increased from stock suspension. Felt more fun to drive. I'm running 9clicks on the front (out of 15) and 7 clicks on the rear (out of 15 aswell) this is for daily driving and My height is quite low with more even more low to go.

Initially I had it on 5clicks front and rear and found these coilovers are Abit harsh from stock setup. I'm running 9f and 7r because I like it Abit more stiff for daily and I'm fine with it.

Cruised to the city yesterday and enjoyed the drive of my car so much. Thumbs up to N+

x10Hz
16-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Cheers mate

glad to help :)

order N+ from USA ebay it will be cheaper than BC in aust

my friend just brought it from usa it cost him 1300 posted 3 weeks wait

100% agree, USA is your friend, i bought my N+ for $1058 USD shipped in March 2010 (new)

PeppeX
13-04-2011, 10:30 PM
glad to help :)

100% agree, USA is your friend, i bought my N+ for $1058 USD shipped in March 2010 (new)

what shop in US did u get it from?

d_evilz
14-04-2011, 09:42 AM
im interested as well!
: >

mengster
02-01-2012, 08:33 PM
hey guys, i'm still new to car modding but am interested in adding coilovers to my car also

here are a few sites i've come across which sell buddy club N+ for a reasonable price:
http://www.wirednj.com/
http://lsdmotorsports.com/

has anyone purchased from these sites?

i've got a 2004 cl9 lux, which specific model of the buddy club should i be looking at?
help appreciated
thanks

marquee
03-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Im not gonna review which is better enough info for you to male up your mind. Try heeltoeauto.com their prices are very competitive and use tsxrocks to get a discount.

Fredoops
03-01-2012, 11:56 AM
BC = repainted Ksport iirc

marquee
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Isn't that d2 and sport I've got bc and they are perfectly fine for what most people need them for