PDA

View Full Version : DC2 front seats bolt up to EK rails?

Mugen Civic
02-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Hello,

Basically just want to know if its possible to bolt up DC2 vtir seats to EK rails?

Cheers.

mugen_ctr
07-02-2011, 11:22 PM
yes an no, i done the conversion, the dodgy way lol

Having EK inner rail bolted on dc2 seats means it sits uneven, so i just slapped it in with only 3 bolts, BUT!!!!

What i havent tried yet is bolting all ek rails onto dc2 seats, ill be doin that later on the week, so hopefully this will solve the problem

One main pro, is the seating position, i luv it :D, so low, an just above the dash, lol

mugen_ctr
08-02-2011, 07:49 PM
update: running both rails of ek, on dc2 seats does nothing, lol, seat is still lob sided, so instead i just modded the dc2 rails, so it fits the 4 bolt holes, an thus its not rockin on 3 bolts :D

vinnY
09-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I heard you just needed to elongate the flat mounting face I.e. rear centre hole

don't see how it's dodgey

mugen_ctr
09-02-2011, 08:08 PM
I heard you just needed to elongate the flat mounting face I.e. rear centre hole

don't see how it's dodgey

thats what i pretty much done, using a angle grinder, but im pretty sure if a inspector saw that, instant fail... but id rather take that chance, than sit lob sided, an look funny

vinnY
09-02-2011, 09:12 PM
what the hell angle grinder? isn't it just about 10mm off?

drill a 3mm pilot hole, use a 12mm drill bit
jobs clean and done, and with the big washer that usually comes with that bolt it'd be unnoticable

mugen_ctr
09-02-2011, 09:20 PM
nah i found it was bit more than 10mm, lol, an i didnt have any drill bits that could drill 1.5mm thick metal i think, could b 2mm, not sure of the thickness, but yes, definite run a big ass washer!

Vtir seats ftw... they sit bout 1 inch lower, so basically, someone 5'6, u can no longer see ur bonnet, an the dash board is right in ur face, so yeah, good upgrade for any ek owner whos not willing to fork out for recaros like me