PDA

View Full Version : EM1 Did a POO!

SuperJDM.
02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Yesterday i started up the car and when he was fully warmed up i gave it a quick rev up to around 3k or 4k. I turned the car of went to shut the garage then BAM! saw all this black watery stuff that came out of the Exhaust it shot out water about 2 meter's away lol. Anyone know what it is? Good Normal or Bad?

http://i48.tinypic.com/16c88lc.jpg

pablos8
02-07-2010, 08:27 PM
well i probably wouldn't say 'good..'

dougie_504
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Carbon buildup, gets mucky when there's some condensation in the air. A good hard drive cleans it out.

My B16A CRX was spitting loads out when my mates and I got on the dyno because I only drive it every 7-10 days. Everybody thought my engine was sick as a dog. Made 99.4kw with CAI, header and axle-back. Compression test showed 95% new compression :)

DLO01
02-07-2010, 09:00 PM
This can be happen when doing short driving trips. Short driving trips create condensation/water build up in muffler. Water mixed with carbon powder creates what you see when giving the throttle a blip.

Longer trips will get rid of the water/condensation buildup as it will gradually burn off/blow off water.

quangsuke
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
couldn't you clear condensation out by driving the car at high revs?

DLO01
02-07-2010, 09:45 PM
Yep, sure thing. But if you do short trips everday to work or whatever in trafffic, it might be a bit hard to do.

quangsuke
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Yep, sure thing. But if you do short trips everday to work or whatever in trafffic, it might be a bit hard to do.

thanks for that. just wanted to confirm.

OP let us know how it goes and if the problem gets fixed.

SuperJDM.
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh thanks for the info guys i only get to drive it around once or twice every week since im on my Ls :(.
So maybe let vtec kick once or twice each trip? :P.
Thanks for the info.

SiR Vtec
03-07-2010, 12:24 AM
fk me dead em1 on ur L's? thats gotta be fun lolllll :)

lsvtec
03-07-2010, 12:45 AM
LOL hitting vtec once or twice on each trip,

when i was on my L's i used to hit vtec 24/7 cos i didnt think cops could do anything to a L driver LOL

SuperJDM.
03-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah :/ dad think it "stuffs the engine"

What if i just start it up everyday and rev it up when its warm will this also help solve the problem?

V73C
03-07-2010, 02:50 AM
There's not really a problem there, so no need to rev the engine for fun when stationary.

dougie_504
03-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah just when it's warm it's okay to VTEC so long as you don't keep it up near the redline for a prolonged period of time. Redline it and shift up, at least a few times a week for me. Need my VTEC fix on Sundays :D

OMG.JAI xD
03-07-2010, 05:09 PM
lol @ the amount of sh!t on this thread.

Condensation in the exhaust does not cause any harm.
Free reving your engine is the highest point of engine wear.
Just drive the car until it reaches normal operating temperature regularly. You dont need to vtec or redline and shift and all that sh!t.
Carbon in the exhaust is due to the exhaust gases from the engine. Regardless you rev it off its t!ts, it will never be like new. There always will be carbon soot.

Even if you use those "injector cleaner" or "decarb" bullcrap, it hardly cleans the exhaust side.

Only way to decrease carbon soot is to regularly change your oil, use premium or better fuel, use a good spark plug (platinum/iridium) and use an intake that actually filters dirt. Not a cheap ebay intake.
Im sure theres more to it but generally speaking, keep your engine maintained. Maintain it even more if you thrash it alot.

SuperJDM.
03-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Ill try drive it more often.