PDA

View Full Version : Car craddle do i need a stock one or what?? Hellllp no music

spastic
02-07-2010, 05:23 PM
hi all,

i just bought a honda civic ek sedan 96 model vtec by the way =]. but the person took out the head unit along with the craddle or carrier that holds the head unit in place. so i got a JVC head unit but i cant install it because it won't hold in place. do i need a craddle specifically for the JVC head unit or can i jsut get a stock ek craddle or carrier and just use that??????? help plzzz. sux having no music =.=

arverson
03-07-2010, 05:37 PM
u mean bracket?

just get a universal one. would be easier to find and probably cheaper than finding a jvc/stock honda one

spastic
03-07-2010, 06:10 PM
what u mean universal one, nah its not the bracket. its the thing that goes inside that stops the head unit from falling inside the wireing stuff. if u get what i mean?

arverson
03-07-2010, 06:21 PM
if its not the bracket...
this thing:
http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/wagoneer/pics/stereo15_720.jpg
...then im not sure what you mean

spastic
03-07-2010, 06:54 PM
nah its not that, thats a sleeve for the head unit. i cant find a pic of it and its kinda hard to explain. its a lyk a metal frame that holds the head unit in place. so u can bolt it on or use the sleeve to screw on. type thing. dw i jsut found about this shit too when my mate checked out my car to put in the head unit. he said theres no cradle or carrier to hold the head unit.

munkaii
08-07-2010, 09:22 PM
For my EK, i dont have any cradle in the back. As pictured above, that's what I have in my EK and you just slide the head unit with wiring in.

espionage85
08-07-2010, 09:45 PM
i done my bros ek, and yea theres nothing there, you just slide it in the sleeve.

ej20i
09-07-2010, 08:21 AM
with ek and after market HU u only need the sleeve mate