PDA

View Full Version : koni yellows with neuspeed springs on delsol

sxmachine
03-07-2010, 06:42 PM
hey guys and girls
i have bought a pair of koni yellows with neuspeed springs for my honda delsol and have installed the back ones on and the car seems to be at the same ride height why is that??
so i took the neuspeed spring out of one and chopped the standard spring 3 coils just so i could see whats happening and now the car is lower but the spring is loose in the shock while car is down.....
the gap between the tyre and rear quarter is bout 2 fingers how do i get it lower???
Rim Sze is 18inch

can someone help me lol

blabla
03-07-2010, 07:51 PM
hey guys and girls
i have bought a pair of koni yellows with neuspeed springs for my honda delsol and have installed the back ones on and the car seems to be at the same ride height why is that??
so i took the neuspeed spring out of one and chopped the standard spring 3 coils just so i could see whats happening and now the car is lower but the spring is loose in the shock while car is down.....
the gap between the tyre and rear quarter is bout 2 fingers how do i get it lower???
Rim Sze is 18inch

can someone help me lol

are the shocks shorter then the stock ones? also you should be able to change stance or you will need to get a coilover sleeve kit such as ground control. I recently put skunk2 sports shocks in the front has some hard wheel tuck.

MM89
03-07-2010, 08:53 PM
on koni yellow fronts, there are 2 circlip grooves on the shock body, for the rear, there are 3.

remove the top hat, spring, bump stop, spring perch etc and you should be left with the circlip in the position that it was at. if you want it lower, place the circlip on the lower grooves and reinstall everything.

if that is not low enough, you can have extra grooves machined into the shock body.

what you have done with cutting your stock springs is pretty dangerous.
you've cut 3 coils out of the entire spring, so in effect, the number of active coils in the spring will be less as well.
this has effectively decreased your spring rate. lowering ride height and lower spring rate is a recipe for disaster.
you will kill your shocks.

you mentioned that the spring is loose in the shock while the car is down...put the uncut springs back in before you bottom out and lose control and do some damage.

sxmachine
03-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Thanks for that the cut spring was only a test has been chucked in the bin but the shock seems to have bout 7 grooves in it already so I'll put it on the lowest one and see how I go thanks

sxmachine
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
are the shocks shorter then the stock ones? also you should be able to change stance or you will need to get a coilover sleeve kit such as ground control. I recently put skunk2 sports shocks in the front has some hard wheel tuck.

yeh same size as stock one so i put the bottom spring holder on the bottom of the shock and has a 2 finger gap with 18'' so i might need to get some other shocks 2 tuck ???
also put front ones in this morning and put the spring holder on the bottom of the shock and has some tuck with the front so thats good but need to put it up cause its too low now but just want the rear to tuck now

TJsol
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Delsol are really hard 2 loweer at the near.. due to there is very little weight at that rear of the car. Most of the weight of the car is front/middle.
If you put your current setup on an eg, i bet it will be lower at the rear due to the weight distrubition over the car.

Only thing is to put weights or something in the boot and watch the car lower. (also i felt the handled better.) lol..
Good luck!

sxmachine
05-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Delsol are really hard 2 loweer at the near.. due to there is very little weight at that rear of the car. Most of the weight of the car is front/middle.
If you put your current setup on an eg, i bet it will be lower at the rear due to the weight distrubition over the car.

Only thing is to put weights or something in the boot and watch the car lower. (also i felt the handled better.) lol..
Good luck!

Well dat would make sence cause the car is stripped cause I'm doing it up .. So once I put it together and put the system and spare wheel back in the boot I'll go from there thanks for the help