PDA

View Full Version : Ebay exhaust doesn't fit!!!

Jye
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi guys,

I purchased the following exhaust http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260623830884

Item described as 3 door hatch EK bolt on. I went to Livo Exhaust today and this bolt on Cat Back set did not fit at all. I should have checked first but all the pipes didn't even marry up together.

I ended up getting Hurricane headers and exhaust and I'm going to try and get a refund for this. Ripped off and pissed off.

Anyone have any experience with this before?

I was at Livo Exhaust pretty much all day but it was my own fault. Have to say they done a really good job and it was worth the wait.

hitoriko
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
wait your suprised that an ebay exhaust didn't fit?

considering its from the USA im geussing that its to suit LHD Models

Jye
03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Even if it was for a different model the 3 peices which were supplied to me didn't marry up / fit together.

henrygiang
03-07-2010, 09:02 PM
although it says hatchback, it also says EJ which is a coupe which means it will also fit sedan so it may have actually been bolt on for a sedan/coupe

mugen_ctr
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
from the piks it would be for the Ek, not Ej, both use the same mid pipe section, only difference being the rear axle back longer, to compensate for the longer body...
Shouldnt matter if its Us or AU, all Ek were made in USA, so the floor plan should be identical

As for getting ur refund, all i can say is ask someone whos gone through this problem b4

duzy
03-07-2010, 11:21 PM
so your saying the flanges don't line up? how so?

Limo
03-07-2010, 11:31 PM
Even if it was for a different model the 3 peices which were supplied to me didn't marry up / fit together.

your best chance of getting a refund would be to take a few pics of the pipes to show that they dont fit together, ie bolt one of the holes and it should make the other one sit out.

i havent had any experiences with ebay exhausts but it happened to my friend when buying from a online store and they sent out another exhaust.. just dont be too hasty to give bad rep before the issue is solved. otherwise you'll get noting from them

HondaPie
04-07-2010, 12:04 PM
just cut ur old catback and fit new, not big deal just good welder and thats it :)
another thing is ek and ej have thesame exhaust system

aaronng
04-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Shouldnt matter if its Us or AU, all Ek were made in USA, so the floor plan should be identical

Australian-delivered EKs were made in Japan their VIN starts with JHM. Only the EM1 and EJ8 were made in the US.