PDA

View Full Version : CIVIC FD1 interior trim set

prawncracka
03-07-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey does neone know where I could buy a carbon fibre interior trim for FD1? or any other kind of trim? ahahaha

cheers,

sean.

liquid23
04-07-2010, 01:13 AM
like this? lol

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6226/p1010786.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9517/p1010765.jpg

I can get you some, but i don't know the prices. it would have to come with my g.buy

prawncracka
04-07-2010, 01:16 AM
mmmm juicy yeahhh ahahaa like that xD

is that urs nd whered u get from???

tinymoon
04-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Perfect interior and stand out with carbon fiber. I ask dealer for the set of 4, which is 400 AUD, expensive.
Where can i get the same with yours

curtis265
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM
eeeeh that's too much for me! carbon looks good in minor trims not the entire thing, imo

i'd prefer black - i wish we had black interiors instead of grey

liquid23
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Perfect interior and stand out with carbon fiber. I ask dealer for the set of 4, which is 400 AUD, expensive.
Where can i get the same with yours

the dealer ones is fake carbon and it looks crap, mine is real. Also the dealer one is for the OEM dash where i have the double din. I can ask for you the prices if you want, but it would be a real carbon fiber capping over the OEM pieces (i.e. not full replacement, i got mine done at a workshop in Perth). PM me which pieces you want carbon, i will try and see what i can find overseas cause it's cheaper there.

FYI beware of the pricing because if you think $400 is expensive i don't think you should look at doing your interior in real carbon. to get mine done you looking at 4 digits, this incl the rear door trims as well

eeeeh that's too much for me! carbon looks good in minor trims not the entire thing, imo

i'd prefer black - i wish we had black interiors instead of grey

after having it for awhile i'm thinking spraying it black :p
in summer you can have a sun tan in your car because the carbon heats up so much the heat radiates to your face lol

hiepness
09-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I was looking for something like this also. I basically want what you got their cept for the door handles? only need the Shift boot, wheel, dash/Headunit dash and the automatic controls on the doors.

liquid23
12-08-2012, 10:44 PM
didn't know this thread still existed haha.

Ok so my car has changed a lot during the photo above. You will not find a dash with real carbon fiber unless you get someone to lay over the original trim in carbon. This is the only way to get everything perfect but during last couple of years, the carbon started cracking and things did not go to plan. I did return the dash for the guy to do again under warranty etc. and still cracked.
My advise is to use carbon vinyl if you want the look but it won't stay on that well because of all the curves and heat that hits the front dash. I had to throw all my trims away from the photo above and buy new ones from Honda which meant i ended up spending $1500 just to go back to original, after spending $2000 to carbon everything.

after some searching maybe I will plasti dip my interior matt black