PDA

View Full Version : oem dc2r suspension on eg

egb16b
04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
hey guys.. what kind of improvement will i get if i change my stock eg suspension to dc2r suspension???

Will it make a big difference or am i just better off saving a bit more money and buy coilovers??

also i'll want to lower it as well so it'll be more like stock dc2r shocks with lowered springs.

What you guys reckon??

quangsuke
04-07-2010, 05:32 PM
your better off just getting coilovers.
do it once, do it right.
dc2r shocks are good, but depending on how much u lower ur car, the shocks will be kind of useless.
if u go dc2r shocks with lowered springs, make sure u get bump stops to prevent your shocks from bottoming out.

mugen_ctr
04-07-2010, 06:12 PM
there was a picture some posted awhile ago, the car sits higher in the rear than the front if you do it, so not a good combo, better off getting something that was designed for the eg civic, and not from another car

egb16b
04-07-2010, 06:35 PM
ahh good point..

yeah might as well save for some coilovers then.

cool cheers!

Jaime
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I got dc2r suspension on my eg, perfect for daily driving. A real good upgrade in my opinion, but should be left stock height not such a great idea to lower too much. If you gonna track the car then save and buy coilovers.

egb16b
04-07-2010, 10:48 PM
I got dc2r suspension on my eg, perfect for daily driving. A real good upgrade in my opinion, but should be left stock height not such a great idea to lower too much. If you gonna track the car then save and buy coilovers.

so you've left yours standard height?? what size rims you got? does it look ok or does it look like your wearing ankle bashers?? lol

liberx
05-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm running DC2R springs with KYB AGX shocks on EG, and I agree with Jaime - great daily driver setup and improvement over stock. Doesn't lower much over standard EG - bout 1/2 inch, maybe a little lower on the front but nothing radical.

Best thing about DC2R are the rates - progressive and a lot firmer at the rear than std.

If you want it low though, DC2R bits won't do it. Maybe Koni yellows on lowest perch with DC2R springs would be a good combo, but $ wise you're getting close to coilovers anyway. What about DC2R springs, Koni Yellows & sleeves - I reckon that'd be a great setup.

Sydsyd
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
stock DC2R sussy will improve the handling of the EG...don't expect them to be lower, they actually get the car lower by 1/2 inch max, but noticeable difference in handling...i used to use them as a cheap alternative for sussy upgrade...after a few months I bought a set of Tanabe DF springs, was rated 10-15% stiffer than stock, much lower as per pic (see the gap between the tyres and wheel arches)...all up i spent about $700 for the stock sussy and Tanabe springs...

with stock DC2R shocks and springs
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/SydEG5/My%20Own%20Car/IMG_3392.jpg

with DC2R shocks and Tanabe lowered springs
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m64/SydEG5/My%20Own%20Car/newlook.jpg

D16
05-07-2010, 03:02 PM
agree with Jaime too. my old EG suspensions felt like a boat, especially when accellerating and braking, it'd give passengers a headache after awhile. So cheapest solution i found was DC2R suspension + new LCA(required to fit the rear)

The ride comfort is great, its SLIGHTY bumpy like coilovers, so its got a good feel to it. It does also lower the car by a tad.

Jaime
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
so you've left yours standard height?? what size rims you got? does it look ok or does it look like your wearing ankle bashers?? lol

Yea my car is on the stock dc2r height I'm running 15 by 8 rims on 205/50/15 tyres, I feel that the height is just right for everyday driving and also I don't wanna ruin my front lip.

Yea I agree with all the posted comments. If your on a budget get dc2r suspension. I've got the whole combo Shocks & springs and front and rear swaybar and just a real good set-up all costing me about $600.

But in reality it all depends what you wanna use your car for, if you got plans of track don't waste you money, just buy the swaybars and save up for coilovers.

egb16b
05-07-2010, 07:55 PM
thanks for the replies guys..

it's made me think..i do plan on tracking my car but not until i do b18c conversion which wont be for a while anyway..so i guess for now it will be a good upgrade.

i can always sell up and upgrade to coilovers down the track..

as for the rear lca's..they'll need changing anyway so changing that now won't be a waste.