PDA

View Full Version : Interior repair - windows (tint?) and roof liner

combee
06-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Hi all,

My car is a 2001 Civic VI. It has what appears to be an aftermarket sunroof.

I stupidly entrusted my car to a car wash cafe (I've learnt the hard way now - NEVER AGAIN), and they scratched the windows inside the car (at least 3 of them!). They also somehow got water into the roof of the car, and so now the liner is sagging and starting to grow mould.

I am currently emailing some auto trimmers to enquire about how much a complete roof liner repair would cost, but if anybody could give me an idea I would be most grateful! Also hints for repairing the windows (for at least 2 of the windows it looks like it should be ok if the tint is redone), and how much it would cost to retint all the windows. I wouldn't need things to be super dark, same as the factory tint would be fine for me.

Recommendations for auto trimmers and tinting places in Sydney would also be helpful.

EDIT: I can take photos if they're at all helpful.

Thanks!

HondaPie
07-07-2010, 05:14 AM
u should charge them now for damage on ur car

Zilli
07-07-2010, 07:28 AM
agreed, if you can prove it was a result of their work, and it isnt too far gone since the wash, then go back to them... if you liner is saggy im presuming this was a while ago

does your sunroof leak?

combee
07-07-2010, 11:57 AM
The sunroof doesn't leak, no. I have no way of proving it was them because I have no photos taken of the interior prior to the wash so I don't think I have a leg to stand on, and I can't be bothered arguing. I just want to fix it now.

Zilli
07-07-2010, 01:41 PM
OK... im not sure how the headliners work in new cars, it might be more worthwhile going to a wrecker and finidng the complete peice and replacing? in any case shop around with trimmers, but it might be a pricey job, sorry i cant help you with amounts, i would just go to three places

With the windows, i get an entire medium size car tinted for about 180... in metallic relective magnum tint material...

Speak to Rob @ Hunters Hill Window Tinting... great guy with reasonable prices