PDA

View Full Version : silicone on body

raniti
06-07-2010, 05:50 PM
does silicone peel off paint or doesnt come off?

raniti
06-07-2010, 08:01 PM
bump need to know asap. will be using it on my rear lip tomorrow. anyone?

kcokla
06-07-2010, 08:07 PM
no it doesnt
but its most likely ull need to use a blade and carefully pry it off which itself may cause the paint to scrape if ur not careful
but silicon alone doesnt

raniti
06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
cheers. probs not planning to take it off but u never know.

anzai
07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
DONTTTTT DO IT!!!

i see that you have replica lips at the moment, trust me if you use those type of glues, if you ever want to go oem, those things are a fcken bitch to take off.

i glued my mugenfake front lip onto the bumper, tried to take the glue off when changing my lip to oem a few days ago took me about 3 hours to take off.

it involved a lot of cutting, blow drying, polishing, buffing etc. just dont fken do it i learnt it the hard way

and yes i ended up peeling off some paint in the process

cihanvtec
07-07-2010, 02:06 AM
if you ever wana take it off just heat it jeremy!! loosens it up and u just peel it off!

raniti
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
hmm some conflicting opinions. anzai the thing is tho if i go oem it will cover the glue. and aslong as it comes off i cant complain.
are there any other alternatives. double sided glue? would that hold?

anzai
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
fair enough.. in my case i had to glue my mugen lip on the top part where it sits on the bottom part of the bumper's radiator opening (if that makes sense to you)

i got an em1 lip so i had to take these glues off as they are exposed with the new lip.

i guess just make sure you put the glue where it won't be visible when you go oem.

grifty
07-07-2010, 11:01 PM
what about double sided tape? it would be alot easier to remove it if you ever needed to.

tinymoon
08-07-2010, 04:37 AM
I have some super glue stick on my grill and paint. The only thing i do is use nail polish remover (acetone-non acetone) )and WD-40 to clean it up without any problem. After all i use some wax product to polish it.