PDA

View Full Version : [MUST SEE] Euro 04 Door Lock Autuator/Central Locking issue

mofolo
07-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Update

After speaking with Head office, they said "I have no claim to apply for Good Will".

Basically, Good Will is a policy that is only provided to customers who have had their car serviced at a Honda Dealer.

Obviously this has made me furious, we are looking for People to Sign there name to the Petition about this problem!
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/HONDAisLiable

It'll help us put Honda Back in their place.

LOL Thanks to the guys who have already signed the Petition. Although, having signatures like 'Fat Slut' wont do us any good! Please connect with Facebook to ensure that Honda see that you are a real person!

----------------

Are you an Owner of an 04 Accord Euro (Also, the Forums report of 05,06's having this problem)?
Have you been experiencing sluggish door lock/unlock on your driver side and/or passenger side doors?
Or have they stopped working all together?

Your not alone.
In fact, if you do a quick search, you'll find that there a many cases like this.

Honda has really disappointed all their 04 Euro Owners who have experienced this problem.
With many being slugged upwards of $300 to get one door fixed.

Well it stops now!

I have formally made a complaint to Honda Australia regarding this issue.
When speaking to them on the phone, amazingly, there has not been one reported complaint about this issue before me.

Just from seeing the forums, I can see that there are many who are frustrated with Honda, and have opt-ed to go with a DIY aftermarket job to save $$. (This is probably why they have no records of this).

When speaking to the representative, he said that there is a process called 'Good Will', which all Honda Dealers must adhere to when requested by the customer.

Basically, when quoted, the car will assessed by Honda Representatives from head office, and if it qualifies, Honda will pay for some, or all of the cost of repair.

Obviously, If i were to continue this campaign alone I would not succeed, as they'd probably say it's 'wear and tare', and not a factory fault.

Anyone who is experiencing this problem and does not want to be punished for a factory fault, PLEASE Contact Honda And complain.

Email them:
http://www.honda.com.au/contact-us.aspx
Or Call them:
1800 804 954

And if you have repaired this issue in the past, please, log a complaint and help everyone out!

PM me for More information about the issue!

elitee
07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Currently having this issue in my 05 euro

Will email them now

thanks

BraXta
07-07-2010, 06:30 PM
alot of people have had problems.... ive had the problem and fixed it with a new actuator... i think we should all get some massive letter together and sign it with all the problems known by us all which are warranty issues not just wear and tear...

mofolo
08-07-2010, 06:41 AM
The more people we have writing/calling about this issue, the more likely Honda Will adhere to their 'Good Will' Policy.

Neesmo31
08-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Good on you for actually going higher with this rather than bitching on a forum (i think i did until i fixed it lol) i will email them as well, as mine just went and cost $360 or something like that for repair. :thumbsup:

wazza7
08-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Tried tht link 2 times trying to email them about my 04' where both doors are faulty.
i got to the submit and both times it redirects u to some error page tht advertises their stupid asismo robot!! ahh
Cmon honda!!

Euro1011
08-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Good on you Mofolo for actually making a complaint to Honda. Surprised that no one had ever lodge a complaint to them. Well I have done that so just waiting to see if they actually will reply.
I hope Honda do assist us all with getting the central locks fixed. $300+ for each door is too expensive especially now I need two locks fixed on my car.
Anyone in Perth replaced their locks themselves? If Honda can't assist then I may need someone to assist me with this.

mofolo
08-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Good on you for actually going higher with this rather than bitching on a forum (i think i did until i fixed it lol) i will email them as well, as mine just went and cost $360 or something like that for repair. :thumbsup:

haha thanks. That's ridiculous, I can't believe Honda actually made you pay for something like this.

Tried tht link 2 times trying to email them about my 04' where both doors are faulty.
i got to the submit and both times it redirects u to some error page tht advertises their stupid asismo robot!! ahh
Cmon honda!!

Initially I sent 2 emails with no reply either. So, I went ahead and called them up and the representative was surprised that I never got a reply, but then she went ahead and lodged a high priority complaint to customer relations. I got a call back about a week later.

Good on you Mofolo for actually making a complaint to Honda. Surprised that no one had ever lodge a complaint to them. Well I have done that so just waiting to see if they actually will reply.
I hope Honda do assist us all with getting the central locks fixed. $300+ for each door is too expensive especially now I need two locks fixed on my car.
Anyone in Perth replaced their locks themselves? If Honda can't assist then I may need someone to assist me with this.

Thanks for your support. I believe that if we band together and lodge complaints, Honda will have no option but to keep to their Good Will policy.

Hopefully after we lodge 5+ Complaints, I will go ahead and contact my local Honda Dealer and quote the good will policy.

I will be sure to document my experience and hopefully after this ordeal we can send a clear message to Honda about quality control and accountability!

sodaz
08-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Yep same issue here. One is dead and replaced and the other is on its way out.

mofolo
08-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Yep same issue here. One is dead and replaced and the other is on its way out.

Be sure to lodge a complaint!

sodaz
08-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Be sure to lodge a complaint!

Will do. Thanks!

mofolo
11-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks. I'm going to be calling up my Local Honda Dealer and going ahead and lodging a good will repair.

I'll probably do a video + text guide on how it goes!

raffyboy
12-07-2010, 09:57 AM
hey braxta where did you get your actuator? and did you DIY it? i need one as 2 front doors are now both stuffed

Neesmo31
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I have seen cheap actuators on JDMconcept. Genuine Honda quoted me $220 for 1 rear. That plus fitting equals around $360, lucky it was still under warranty.

mofolo
12-07-2010, 11:42 PM
hey braxta where did you get your actuator? and did you DIY it? i need one as 2 front doors are now both stuffed

Don't do it yourself.. Complain and make Honda fix their factory faulty actuators!!

BraXta
14-07-2010, 12:01 AM
yeh i got mine off ebay for 55 bucks http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320523134676&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:AU:1123 (Item link)

i did it myself it was pretty easy but i agree with mofolo you should all complain and free actuators and maybe headlights etc for all =P hehe

oneian
18-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks mate, i have now registered the complaint with them.. as i am having a passenger side door issue.

mofolo
18-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks mate, i have now registered the complaint with them.. as i am having a passenger side door issue.

Good work. I'm going to try and claim the faulty actuator repair this week.

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.

Ken-f
18-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Mine broke....i fixed it myself. Pretty fiddly tho. U can get the actuator on ebay for about 50 bucks posted.

mofolo
22-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm Pissed off.

Honda completely denied the claim, saying that the proportion of cars with this problem is tiny to the amount of CL9s they produce.

You'll have to go to a Honda Dealer, or buy the actuators off ebay and DIY.
Honda sucks.

BraXta
23-07-2010, 12:20 AM
i knew that would happen man... alot of car dealers are asses like that...

Maybe we should do a petition with many owners signing it who has had that problem...

mofolo
23-07-2010, 12:49 AM
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/HONDAisLiable

Sign using Facebook!

tron07
23-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I am not sure you understand the meaning of good will or not....

After the warranty, you will have to pay to get it fixed BECAUSE its over the warranty period. moving part like actuator, power windows, etc will die/wear out, same goes for all cars

corb13
23-07-2010, 01:33 PM
My drivers door is gone, it affects the boot and dome light cause it doesn't open! Just bought the one off ebay and hope to install it next week! Hopefully might make a DIY out of it and post up the instructions they supposedly send out with the part!

seanneko
24-07-2010, 09:58 AM
My drivers door is gone, it affects the boot and dome light cause it doesn't open! Just bought the one off ebay and hope to install it next week! Hopefully might make a DIY out of it and post up the instructions they supposedly send out with the part!

Please do!

I think my driver's door is on the way out, sometimes when I press the button on the remote all the others unlock but the driver's door stays locked. Then if I press it a second time the driver's door opens too.

I can live with it for now because it's only about 1 in every 30 times, but I guess it will start to get worse :(

corb13
25-07-2010, 11:33 AM
yeah that period only last about 1 wek with me, pushing unlock twice to get the door open, always seem to be the drivers side! anyway the part is on its way now! hopefully get it fixed soon cause im using the key to open the car at the moment but can still lock it normally with central!

drezy
25-07-2010, 10:12 PM
i had this problem, but I fixed it myself DIY, all up was $50 for the actuator off ebay... but having said that I will still sign the petition.. its pretty unacceptable for most euros to have this problem...

seanneko
26-07-2010, 06:44 PM
I just ordered a new driver and passenger actuator from ebay. Thought I might as well do them both at the same time so I don't have the same problem on the other door in the future.

Do the rear door actuators die too or just the front ones?

corb13
26-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Ebay FTW!!!!! .................. i ordered my driver actuator off ebay the other day two, from my research its most commonly the drivers door followed bu the passenger but i haven't heard anyone complain about the rear doors! but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened! anyway i should be recieving mine this week and DIY'ing by the w.e!

BraXta
26-07-2010, 09:05 PM
i can post the DIY thingy =D i have it Give me a sec and ill update this post

*Edit*

Euro Actuator Instructions =D (http://users.tpg.com.au/braxta84/index/EuroactuatorInstructions.pdf)

tron07
30-07-2010, 12:54 PM

*Edit*

Euro Actuator Instructions =D (http://users.tpg.com.au/braxta84/index/EuroactuatorInstructions.pdf)

nice job... + rep

Euro1011
30-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I tried replacing the actuator some time back with no results. The problem is trying to release the metal rod from the actuator. Even with the same instructions as BraXta's, this metal rod is just difficult to separate from the actuator. If it's a pain to get it off, then what about trying to flip it back on?
I'm trying to avoid Honda dealers installing this as you all know they charge a lot. Anyone can recommend any good and not so expensive installers in Perth? If not, then looks like I have to give it another go when the weather is good.

seanneko
08-08-2010, 03:45 PM

*Edit*

Thanks! I just replaced the actuator on my driver's door, now it works perfectly and only cost me about $40 :)

It was harder to do than I expected, especially trying to unclip/reclip the thin rod (not the one that goes to the door handle - the smaller one that goes way up to the top of the door). Plus after the first attempt I managed to lock myself out of the car, I didn't put the arm thing into the actuator properly, so the mechanism wasn't able to fully move to the unlock position. Couldn't even open the door from the inside :( Luckily putting the key in the lock and forcing it to the left lifted it just enough to open though.

adhunt99
08-08-2010, 10:58 PM
One of mine's sluggish (but only a split second), the other has been repaired previously at the dealer's expense.

seanneko
09-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Just out of curiosity... Is it possible to have the remote only unlock the driver's door from the first press, and unlock the other doors from a second press? Lots of other cars can do this including my dad's old AU Falcon.

It would not only make the locks last longer because they're not opening unnecessarily (99% of the time it's just me in the car), and make it more secure I guess because people can't open your door in traffic.

tony1234
09-08-2010, 06:42 PM
I tried replacing the actuator some time back with no results. The problem is trying to release the metal rod from the actuator. Even with the same instructions as BraXta's, this metal rod is just difficult to separate from the actuator. If it's a pain to get it off, then what about trying to flip it back on?
I'm trying to avoid Honda dealers installing this as you all know they charge a lot. Anyone can recommend any good and not so expensive installers in Perth? If not, then looks like I have to give it another go when the weather is good.

Try calling a good alarm or carsound installer.

boggyhole
10-08-2010, 10:18 AM
It is not too bad to do. You have to be patient and make sure you read the instructions as posted on various spots on this forum. The biggest thing is make sure you get the right sized screwdriver to undo the screws on the door to release the door latch otherwise you will strip the screws out in no time. The releasing of the metal rods is by essentially pushing the platic retainers off them and then the rods come out of their holes. It is quite simple and will take about an hour to do for the first one. I did mine on a '03 Euro Std and now works a treat.

luxEUROious
13-08-2010, 10:13 AM
im emailing the tite asses rite now,, i will keep emailin untill my door lock acutuator fixes its self. eshaiz

power_of_dreams
18-09-2010, 02:58 AM
just got it today.
06 passenger side gone.

luckily under warranty for a few more months

hunk_ktm
22-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Having a hard time trying to remove the Three screws on the side of the door holding the whole lock assembly. Its so badly tightened up...that I ended up using power screwdriver and an impact hammer to no luck though. I guess its the damn same case with every door in my car.... :-(..! Any other ideas to release/ unscrew the trios...!

Cheers..

pxrnm
08-02-2011, 01:58 PM

*Edit*

Hi, to those in Melbourne that can't DIY.

I bought my new actuators for both front left passanger and driver's actuator from ebay (claimed to be) genuine honda parts = $100 incl express post - for 2 doors.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-Accord-Euro-Door-Lock-Actuator-INC-INSTALL-GUIDE-/220732221318?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3364aa6786

Installed for both Doors by Hondatech Thomastown for $80/door - cash.

so in total for both doors it cost me $100 + $160 = $260

Quote I got from Eastern Honda and Northway Honda appx $380/door installed which is $760 for both doors in my case. Total rip off - 65% savings.

Anyway so far i am happy with the actuators from ebay and the installation by Hondatech. Recommended if you don't want to install it your self.

SPQR
25-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Try Acura of Peoria ebay site. If they don't have the parts listed, contact them via ebay and they'll send you a quote. I've found their service to be very good. I last saw the actuators on their site earlier today for under US$20 plus freight.

http://stores.ebay.com/ACURA-OF-PEORIA/TSX-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=6021258&_sid=3528169&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=4

Fredoops
27-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Try Acura of Peoria ebay site. If they don't have the parts listed, contact them via ebay and they'll send you a quote. I've found their service to be very good. I last saw the actuators on their site earlier today for under US$20 plus freight.

http://stores.ebay.com/ACURA-OF-PEORIA/TSX-/_i.html?_fsub=6021258&_sid=3528169&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322
HEY! I got mine off them a year ago. good peeps over there, good rates... LOL Screw the local dealers and their daylight robbery prices.

I got my local Ultratunes to install them at $44 each door lol

Euro1011
27-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi All,
Got both front door actuators (ebay) replaced by Honda recently and noticed this morning when i got into the car and shut the driver's door, the actuator started clicking 4 times as if it's trying to lock and then it automatically locked the doors without even me locking it. Closing of the door triggered the actuator or something.
Then i tried locking it inside and also outside, all the doors are locked but then you can hear the actuator actually clicking few times and you can see the lock on the door move up and down slightly.
Has anyone ecountered this problem? Could it be a fault (new) actuator or a connection problem? It's annoying after spending $200 to get it installed plus actuators and this happens and inconvenience to bring it back to Honda and i might to pay extra if this is an actuator problem.

Dylaan
28-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Just picked up my 04 Euro today and it's doing it on the driver's side door :(

MadEngineerMark
20-10-2013, 01:46 PM
I replaced the actuator in the drivers door as the door wouldn't lock, worked great for 3 or 4 months but now the car locks itself if you open and close the drivers door twice, even when it's running. Any suggestions?

ParaMedici
28-01-2014, 06:49 PM
I know this thread has been going for a while but both my front door locking actuators have failed around the same time just recently, and was wondering, is this an issue with the actuators themselves or because both failed almost simultaneously, could it be a signal issue from a central point somewhere.

2005 Accord Euro Luxury

d1zzo
28-01-2014, 07:08 PM
My passenger door doesnt lock/unlock anymore ..i have to do it manually .. will honda fix it even if you dont have any warrenty anymore?? I know its comon problem to all cl9 .. what should i do?

MadEngineerMark
28-01-2014, 07:16 PM
After speaking to the supplier I have re-done the install of the actuator and had no problems since. Actuators are cheap and relatively easy to install, allow just over an hour and YouTube is pretty good for instructions. Use a pair of vise grips on your screw driver to undo the large Phillips head screws on the door look itself, they're tight!

ParaMedici
28-01-2014, 07:23 PM
I've Just checked the Accura of Peoria ebay store, and they don't post to Australia, any other suggestions

http://stores.ebay.com/ACURA-OF-PEORIA/TSX-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=6021258&_sid=3528169&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=4

MadEngineerMark
28-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Give this bloke a try, I received great service from him, no guarantees though!

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm?itemId=181268091698

Otherwise google victorypartsdirect (all one word)

ParaMedici
28-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks heaps, just tried em, all good ta. Il let y'all know how the fix goes.

Give this bloke a try, I received great service from him, no guarantees though!

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm?itemId=181268091698

Otherwise google victorypartsdirect (all one word)

thomwootton19
30-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Just replaced both of mine with non standard parts, took me a good few hours per side but if your any good maybe one hour a side and cost a grand total of $50 bucks!

djpro1
30-01-2014, 02:11 PM
My driver side door does not lock and unlock very well now. It probably locks/unlocks 10% of the time now. I just have to put the key in now and turn it old school..

thomwootton19
04-02-2014, 07:59 PM
definitely actuator! happy to help anyone around newcastle sydney area now ive done a fewwwwww

seannah
07-02-2014, 10:54 AM
anyone has recommendation where to replace acutator in Melbourne? cheap and reliable? thank you

thomwootton19
12-02-2014, 10:30 PM
not honda! i would reccomend buying them off ebay and taking it to your local mechanic...

if they order in they will be oem and dear. mine were $20 each and even paying a mechanic to do them they would have both done in an hour or two maybe cost $150? rather than $300+ at honda. plus now mine come up like theyre going to fly through the window.

Jdm vtec actuators

paddo4064
19-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Hi All I have a 2009 Accord Euro which i bought Feb 2010. about 6 mths ago ( after 3.5 years and outside warranty) the drivers door locking started to play up and from a month or so ago will only open with the key. This is obviously painful with no key entry on passengers side and for the supposed quality and price this would seem to be a fundamentally important component for security and other reasons that shoudl not fail this early. It also seems to be a very common issue and therefore would seem to fall within an legally implicit warranty given car price, fundamental importance and the known nature of the problem, irrespective of what their stated warranty is. I have extended warranty at low level and actuators are only covered in the higher level cover. The quote for the door $495 and no suggestion of any assistance despite my stating the commonness of teh issue etc ...... just rediculous and seriously means unless something is done by Honda, I will not be getting a Honda when my lease comes up in the next few months.

Has as anyone had any luck with fair trading or their equivalents or Honda themselves and is so can you let me know where at Honda you directed your complaint?

I really appreciate your help
Cheers

MikeCl
05-04-2014, 02:51 PM
FYI - I purchased a Euro door lock actuator off Ebay for my 2004 Accord, same part number on arrival. I never used it though, I repaired the original unit on both driver and passenger doors for $0.00, did this while waiting for purchased unit to arrive - very quick and easy.

Here is a link to my info. Repair DoorLocks Actuators (http://www.brisdance.com/Honda/DoorLocks.html)

BTW Dealer wanted $220 for each unit, most likely a $700 to $800 job for two units fitted by the dealer.

Mike2005Euro
01-09-2016, 09:24 AM
This is an old thread but like me others must still be replacing their actuators so thought I would add my experience.

I have a 2005 Euro Lux with 100K kms. The passenger door lock actuator had completely failed and the drivers was intermittent. I asked Honda for a quote for the passenger door. The part was quoted at $255.35 and the full job was $381. I got the part from ebay for $19. There were some there at $12 but went for a 'Premium Reseller' and splashed out for the $19 one. I did the passenger door first. It took just on an hour. The drivers door took 40 mins even though there is extra work involved in detaching the rod to the key lock. Once you get used to the process it becomes relatively straight forward and can now get the panel off in under 5 mins..The tip with the vice grips worked a treat and made easy work of unscrewing the door lock screws. The hardest part is re-inserting the window channel guide. I made one error which meant taking the panels off again which is why I got good at it. When re-attaching the cable to the internal door handle there is an extra step I missed. The cable runs inside a casing.This casing has a grooved rubber part near the door opener end that has to be pushed into a holding slot. If you miss out doing this as I did, when you pull on the handle the whole cable casing and all moves and does not open the door lock. I may be the only who has made this error but thought I would document in case there are other klutzes like me out there. So the financial summary: Honda quote to do the two doors - $762. My cost Labour free( I am retired), parts $38. Savings $724. My goodwill with the Honda dealer here in the Gold Coast is completely gone.
Great forum. Savings made entirely because of this group. Many thanks to all who contributed to my education.