PDA

View Full Version : Ebay D-Series Turbo

vtc
25-12-2004, 06:47 PM
For those that are currently looking for a cheap turbo theres one on ebay going for $1000.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72478&item=4514178295&rd=1

Parts that come are..

Turbo - Brand New with Lifetime Warranty

Manifold - Stainless - bolt on to engine and Turbo

Super Dual Chambered Turbo Adapter
( Connects to Turbo to downpipe )

Stainless Downpipe

RFL B.O.V

SUPER Turbo Accessory Kit :

includes barbs, fittings, drain plugs, oil lines, T- Bar fittings - etc...

Im not sure what else you need to install the turbo though. Thought this might help someone out.

poid
25-12-2004, 07:49 PM
yeh this setup wouldnt last 3 months without some problems ;)

Weq
25-12-2004, 09:22 PM
poid speaks truth

bumography
25-12-2004, 10:13 PM
vtc are you selling this?
it says $1400 ..

vtc
25-12-2004, 10:30 PM
Nah im not selling, i just saw it.. it was listed originally at that price but the last time i looked it went down to 1000. I think that person sells other kits too..

Can you guys explain more on why the kit will have problems? just for future reference.

poid
26-12-2004, 05:09 PM
the manifold is SS Autochrome, reknowned for cracking unless yuo brace the turbo so that the manifold isnt supporting any weight.

The turbo looks to be one of those Stone Mountain racing type jobbies which tend to let the seals go within a few thousand km. Also the dump pipe looks to be SS Autochrome so wouldnt surprise me if that cracked as well (and if that flange goes all the way to the cat and there is no flex pipe then it will certainly crack!).

Those are the main issues, as a side issue it prolly wont live up to its claim of being able to retain A/C either