PDA

View Full Version : FN2 Exhaust system???

CivicType-R
08-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Hey guys, I'm keen to get a full exhaust system for my FN2, but not sure what's best! I've seen the Milltek one on Ebay, and also pictures of the Mugen one on OZHonda forum, but no idea where to purchase one from??

Anyone got any suggestion of where I can get one from, or any other available full exhaust systems??

Cheers

fish
08-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I think toda in wetheril park has a full exhaust package
its a dual outlet exhaust too like stock

Spoon has 4-2-1 headers with N1 exhaust
and fujitsubo has a cat back the power getter

Look up tougedistribution, they have a tonne of parts for FN2R

CivicType-R
08-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for that website man, great help!
The Fuhitsubo looks like the way to go, despite the fact that its not dual.

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Fujitsubo-Power-Getter-Exhaust-System--760-52076/

jyh888
08-07-2010, 01:56 PM
All the aftermarket exhaust systems for the fn2r are very expensive, i read somewhere on civinfo forum that the toda exhaust system produces the most power but even so this is probably only a mere 5hp net gain for almost $2k exhaust system. In my opinion, for a NA car, get a custom exhaust made from a place like liverpool exhaust or any exhaust shop will give you similar gains at much a lower price. The only difference, is that aftermarket exhausts not only gives gains but has a better tone/resonance because of the extensive reserarch and development they carry out. A straight through exhaust system 2.5inch with 1 resonator custom made shouldnt cost much more than $500, it will deliver good performane but might sound loud!

fish
08-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Glad to help :) Lots of other quality parts from that site as well, so many i have never seen elsewhere! like that seeker rear wing lip O.o

Yea exhaust are expensive from branded ones, but i still prefer to have those over a custom one myself :)

my friend loaned me a Toda cat-back so i'll see how its like to live with that, if its too loud i may pick up a fujitsubo myself as i loved the one i had on the DC5R, sounds stock on idle, no drone on cruise and great note on WOT !

and personally i dont mind whether it is single tip or dual. we cannot see it 90% of the time on the FN2R anyway, single tip = less cleaning required for one side's exhaust garnish haha thats how i see it anyway :)

CivicType-R
09-07-2010, 01:35 AM
There's an exhaust place that i've gotten work done to all my other cars i had in the past...they did full exhaust on my 05 wrx and i was quite pleased with their work! i might just get a straight pipe from tha exhaust with a resonator, no cat and prob just lead it to either triangle out put at the back...i've sussed some out over the net and they seem like good systems but too expensive...i've already got an Injen CAI installed and i dont want a loud exhaust to block that sound out. Thanks for the advice guys

CivicType-R
09-07-2010, 01:37 AM
oi what you reckon bout this blue flame system????
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-FLAME-STAINLESS-EXHAUST-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-FN2-/310232484030?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483b4c08be#ht_4613wt_1137

CivicType-R
09-07-2010, 01:40 AM
oi what you reckon bout this blue flame system????
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLUE-FLAME-STAINLESS-EXHAUST-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-FN2-/310232484030?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483b4c08be#ht_4613wt_1137

br3nny
09-07-2010, 11:46 AM
i got a custom exhaust with a single outlet...i'm use to it now but other people say its loud ?? not sure if that helps you or not

i think civinfo guys said that the build quality of the blue flame one wasn't as good as others in the same price range

if your curious soundwise i can still hear the injen cai sucking in air but high revs you can't hear jack....from about 3000rpm till just before you hit vtec you can hear it

i do have the fog light inserts and one side drilled out, i did notice quite a difference once you get rid of the fog light and use the inserts you can tell its working hard haha

CivicType-R
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
thanks man....where did you purchase the fog light insert from??

br3nny
09-07-2010, 03:52 PM
off a trader in the civinfo forums, i'd defin8ly recommend getting the inserts

more details in http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?134326-FN2R-Build

post #6

CivicType-R
09-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Absolute champ br3nny! cheers man....doesn't look too hard to do it urself even with a bit of mesh

Cavebob
09-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Anyone know what exactly the laws are with exhausts? Particularly in Vic. How loud is it allowed to be?

fish
09-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I just got a toda cat back installed on the fn2
it is soooooooo damn loud for me...
at 2.5k rpm - 3.5k it drones...
but from there on it sounds great!
but i dont think its the exhaust for me i wanted daily to be non intrusive but with the drone i am not a fan.

br3nny
10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
yea its was quite simple

just a file...drill...time and your set

i put the mesh behind to stop stones and bugs from flying in...used selley's all clear to seal it up...best thing is it comes off without leaving any crap behind if you want to put a new bit of mesh on !

let me know what you do !

DVS-00R
06-01-2013, 04:44 PM