PDA

View Full Version : Install I did in my wifes EK1

Oscar of Markoz
08-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Just made a false floor and hinged it at the rear. Used the spare wheel's cavity for added box volume. Sounds great and works a treat. Still allows her to use the boot for shopping too.

munkaii
08-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Nice job there mate. Is it held together with PVC and nails or something a little sturdier? What do you mean by hinged at the rear?

Oscar of Markoz
08-07-2010, 09:01 PM
PVC and Wood screws. Siliconed all the corners, top, bottom and sides from the inside to make 100% sure there was no leaks.
The rear of the box (nearest the backseat) has hinges that I have glued to the floor and screwed into the box. So I can lift it from the hatch most side and hinge it up. Works a treat.

munkaii
08-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Enough room there to still fit the spare inside? If so mate that's a great job!

Oscar of Markoz
08-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Yep. If you look carefully, you'll see that I took a mould of the inside of the spare wheel. Luckily the spare sits upside down in the spare wheel well. So I was able to leave it in its position, tape up the spare while the 1st layer of the false floor was in place with its hole cut out the size of the spare's rim, then fibreglassed it. It gave me a perfect fit once I removed it, plus about 8L of Air Volume for the box. Then I built it up from there.
Flush fitted the sub, amp in the rear section, carpeted the lot. Its got the false lid over the amp and on the 2 left and right edges of the boot floor. Just makes it look neater and allows nothing to fall into those areas.
I've added a photo of how the spare sits to give an idea of how it all comes together.

androo
10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Very cool