PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Care - Tips? Do's and Dont's?

Nuci
09-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Hey all,

Im sure there are many of you on here with Recaros in your car, and we all know they can be a pain to take care of, with wear and fade etc. So this might be a good place to post up your tips for keeping them looking good, any dos and donts.

I for one would love to know how to keep mine looking good. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

type_AHH
09-07-2010, 08:20 PM
What I do when getting in my car (DC5R), and I'm sure other people do this also, is to put in the left leg first and then use my right arm to prop myself on the door jam. That way I sit *on* the seat immediately rather than slide/rub *into* them. Getting out is the same... prop on arm, lift yourself slightly and right leg out.

Yes it may take a little more effort than normal seats, and yes you may look a little silly doing it lol. But if you're like me and want to preserve the recaros for as long as possible, its worth it. I tell all passngers this also ("respect my rule or GTFO!" lol)

Giraffe
09-07-2010, 08:31 PM
maybe try getting recaro covers, easier way to look after your seats. :)

meatball
09-07-2010, 09:46 PM
yup recaro seat covers make it alot easier.

type_AHH
09-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Funny you should say, I used to have seat covers designed for DC5R recaros which I sold after a few months on firesport. Heres the link for pics:

http://firesport.com.au/honda-integra-dc5-fitted-Car%20Interior--ad153919.htm

They worked well to protect the seats but it does look kind of tacky lol

Stig
10-07-2010, 12:30 AM
anyone know how to remove stuck bubblegum on the recaro seats? :(

Toilet
10-07-2010, 12:52 PM
anyone know how to remove stuck bubblegum on the recaro seats? :(

Maybe try a blow torch..? lool
bubblegum sounds nasty, is it all black now like how bubble gum goes black on concrete?

Stig
10-07-2010, 05:44 PM
yeaaa LOL

DLO01
10-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Steam clean maybe?

Agree with Type_AHH. You see all recaros with the drivers side bolster wreaked. Very rare to see an immaculate recaro. So yeh, I do the same thing. Plant my right arm/hand on the sill and pivot my ass over the bolster directly into the seat.

grifty
10-07-2010, 06:34 PM
maybe try one of those steam cleaners?

edit: Dean beat me to it lol

Giraffe
10-07-2010, 06:37 PM
wow you sold your covers so cheap xD haha fk howd you get bubblegum on your seats, i would be crying if someone did that to me :(

Stig
10-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Steam clean maybe?

Agree with Type_AHH. You see all recaros with the drivers side bolster wreaked. Very rare to see an immaculate recaro. So yeh, I do the same thing. Plant my right arm/hand on the sill and pivot my ass over the bolster directly into the seat.

yeah ill give that a go later and see what the results are

immaculate recaro = $$ :)

i dont know if its the same for everyone but if the owner takes care of their recaro's, i know they also take care of their car haha

Nuci
11-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Is it possible to get the side bolsters retrimmed to match the rest of the seat? Would the material be available from honda??

sretocz
11-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to get the side bolsters retrimmed to match the rest of the seat? Would the material be available from honda??

The website www.capitalseating.co.uk used to sell side bolster foam for recaros and any trim shop could fix them up.

danielj
15-07-2010, 03:31 PM
What I do when getting in my car (DC5R), and I'm sure other people do this also, is to put in the left leg first and then use my right arm to prop myself on the door jam. That way I sit *on* the seat immediately rather than slide/rub *into* them. Getting out is the same... prop on arm, lift yourself slightly and right leg out.

Yes it may take a little more effort than normal seats, and yes you may look a little silly doing it lol. But if you're like me and want to preserve the recaros for as long as possible, its worth it. I tell all passngers this also ("respect my rule or GTFO!" lol)

yes!! that's the ONLY way :)
annoying that my passenger side was practically brand new when i got my car, but now it's a bit worn/faded and my driver side is basically the same when i got it. blooody passengers!!

Stig
15-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Steam clean maybe?

steam cleaner removed the excess gum that was stuck to the seat after the ice cube method to remove the big chunks, now its sorta not noticeable unless someone points it out haha

teggiboy
15-07-2010, 04:51 PM
There's actually an Upolstery cleaner made by Maguires that I usually use. It comes up great!! You simply just spray on, leave it for 5 mins, then wipe it with a wet cloth. My seats look brand new after every application. But 1 thing to be careful of is not to use it too often. It does cause the colour to fade a lil bit. The spray costs about $14 from Kmart and it's definitely worth it for every Recaro owner :p

silverspoon
18-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Might add my worth to this thread, I hope all you guys know that the seats are interchangeable. That is the passenger to driver and vice versa. Ideally you can swap them around if your mainly a solo driver to get an even wear into them. The only tricky part is getting around the seatbelt sensor but its an easy afternoon job to keep those recaros looking good.

Alvis
05-10-2010, 09:23 PM

smart man. i do that and i've only got normal EK seats lol - but yep, best way to preserve to bolsters.

a man who looks after his seats, looks after his car :)

corey
06-10-2010, 04:59 PM
STIG. try a frozen cooler brick for the bubble gum hold it on there a try an freeze the bubble gum thats how you get it out of floor matts stick them in the freezer.

KC.
11-10-2010, 08:08 PM
is it safe to use a gerni on recaro seats to clean them??

obviously taking them out of the car then leaving them in the sun to dry??