PDA

View Full Version : Operating Passenger Window from Driver Side.

KonnecXion
10-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Hi Guys,
I am having trouble trying to roll down my passengers window from the drivers door (side) at any time. It looks like its not working at all. However, when I open the convertible, all windows rolls completely down and up when I close it, working like it should. The passenger windows works when operated from the passenger door. It is just not working when I try to open it from the drivers door. The have also checked the window lock on the drivers door and that isn't causing the issue. I am just annoyed how I need to reach over to the passengers doors to open up the windows :(.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers.

Si1enzio
10-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Sounds like the down switch is broken.
Go to the wreckers & see if you can source one.

KonnecXion
10-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Sounds like the down switch is broken.
Go to the wreckers & see if you can source one.

How do you know if the down switch is broken? I don't really want to go pull apart my door trims incase I break something.

ludecrs
10-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Unflick the "lock" button ;)

Failing that, wreckers.

KonnecXion
10-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the reply, but that isn't causing the issue. I've been on s2ki.com and all solutions seem to be that button that I've already checked.

3AM
10-07-2010, 07:11 PM
long shot but do you have a friend with an s2k also? if you do you can try swapping their switch over, and seeing if that fixes it!

JamieP
10-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Sounds like the switch is gone. My dad had the same problem on his ford and buying a new switch from the wreckers solved it.

KonnecXion
11-07-2010, 12:24 PM
long shot but do you have a friend with an s2k also? if you do you can try swapping their switch over, and seeing if that fixes it!

No friends with S2k. I am in Melbourne now from Sydney and don't know anybody with one.

KonnecXion
11-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Sounds like the switch is gone. My dad had the same problem on his ford and buying a new switch from the wreckers solved it.

Is there a fuse I could check before I start taking things apart?

Si1enzio
11-07-2010, 04:33 PM
Is there a fuse I could check before I start taking things apart?

I think the fuse covers all window switches, so i doubt it could be the fuse.

KonnecXion
12-07-2010, 10:42 PM

Okay, I had the chance tonight to remove my door trim. The power window switch for the passenger on the driver side is one single module with the power mirrors and the drivers power windows. If I replace that, it means I will completely need that whole module replaced? I don't want to go buy another the complete module if the only thing playing up is the passenger switch on the drivers door. If I do, where could I find an s2k wrecker in West Melbourne? Any solutions guys?

I'll get a picture asap.

KonnecXion
12-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Do I need to replace the whole master control unit? If so, can someone let me know where?

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4816/switchk.jpg

Cheers.

YLDS2K
13-07-2010, 12:01 AM
hey man, im from the west and would be happy to meet up with u, remove a door trim and swap the switches over to test to see if thats the problem. under 1 condition. if anything happens to my switch due to any possible faults within the wiring or fuses, u would have to buy me a new 1 :)

let me know your thoughts

KonnecXion
13-07-2010, 11:19 AM
hey man, im from the west and would be happy to meet up with u, remove a door trim and swap the switches over to test to see if thats the problem. under 1 condition. if anything happens to my switch due to any possible faults within the wiring or fuses, u would have to buy me a new 1 :)

let me know your thoughts

Thanks mate, I am pretty sure its the switch. How about letting me in where's a good wrecker? Or do I need to break your switch first? :D

KonnecXion
13-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Just got a quote from Honworld $110 in Clayton,VIC...

JamieP
13-07-2010, 04:11 PM
$110 for a switch.... ouch thats pricey. the one thing that sucks about our cars is parts are rediculously over priced

KonnecXion
13-07-2010, 06:09 PM
$110 for a switch.... ouch thats pricey. the one thing that sucks about our cars is parts are rediculously over priced

yeah, i don't plan on paying. if its just a switch, as long as nothing is burnt to the ground i'm sure you can get around to it. all the elecrtronics on the master control seems to work (power mirrors, drivers power window etc) so i opened up the master switch the rocker switch had a broken piece which moves the switch on the circuit board. i super glued it with shelley's all plastics and now its working again.

http://img10.imageshack.us/i/imag0173d.jpg/
http://img64.imageshack.us/i/imag0174z.jpg/

Anyway, thanks for all the help guys!

KonnecXion
13-07-2010, 06:10 PM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1940/imag0174z.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4922/imag0173d.jpg

KonnecXion
13-07-2010, 06:11 PM
sorry i forgot to resize!

YLDS2K
14-07-2010, 03:16 AM
Just got a quote from Honworld $110 in Clayton,VIC...

you could probably get a brand new 1 from Honda for that price....i would suggest looking on e-bay there are heaps for sale in the US and i'll pm you the link now, although do some research as i am not sure if they are universal fitment to AU cars. I dont see why they would be different but rather be safe then sorry