PDA

View Full Version : S2000 Heater and Tyre

asps91
11-07-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi guys a few questions, one model specific, one not.

While driving a few days ago i turned the heater from hot to cool air, i then went to turn it on heat 5 mins later and it was stuck on cold. Not eaven the air-con has the ability to change the temperature.... Can anyone help me with that one.

Another question, has anyones tyre ever grown big bulges that stick out of the sidewall and cause vibration while driving. My guess is that the steel mesh has broken and air is forcing the rubber to protrude. I did Drive through Old pacific highway last night and hit a pothole at a good speed.

Is it safe to drive to the tyre shop monday or should i swich to spare.

It sucks as i was going to get some new wheels in a month but now i have to go buy a new tyre.:thumbdwn:

Thanks guys

LEWD
11-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Cant help you on the first point, but Id get the tyre sorted definitely.

euromandeluxe
11-07-2010, 11:41 PM
if you only need it for a month, buy a used tyre. that's what i would do if i had rims planned.

ludecrs
12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi guys a few questions, one model specific, one not.

While driving a few days ago i turned the heater from hot to cool air, i then went to turn it on heat 5 mins later and it was stuck on cold. Not eaven the air-con has the ability to change the temperature.... Can anyone help me with that one.

Another question, has anyones tyre ever grown big bulges that stick out of the sidewall and cause vibration while driving. My guess is that the steel mesh has broken and air is forcing the rubber to protrude. I did Drive through Old pacific highway last night and hit a pothole at a good speed.

Is it safe to drive to the tyre shop monday or should i swich to spare.

It sucks as i was going to get some new wheels in a month but now i have to go buy a new tyre.:thumbdwn:

Thanks guys

Tyre question:

Its called an egg. Get replaced asap.

asps91
12-07-2010, 07:02 PM
tire replaced and heater mysteriously working.

Problems solved, thanks guys.

YLDS2K
13-07-2010, 12:11 AM
in regards to your heater, it could be the sign that the heater tap within the engine bay is going to stop working. Because it is a little plastic nozel that opens and shuts when u turn the knob in the car, over time this can become brital and build up with dirt and grime and makes it stick. If you find that it starts to happen more often i would suggest that be the first place u look, and second place, would be the actual cable that its connected to between it and the knob on the dash. I believe it runs on a hydraulic and cable system so when the cable stanps the hydraulic is pulling on a cable that is not connected to the heater tap to open/close it.