PDA

View Full Version : Engineer Cert

lazzyme
11-07-2010, 11:32 PM
Few questions

1: Is it legal for a P-Plate to drive a engineered cert modded vehical with out or with more than 15% increase in displacement.

2: What happends to your vehicle or approximate infringement do you get if engine conversion was not register with the car.

3: Are there any way out if you were caught driving a car with a 15%+ increase in displacement of the engine and the engine is not register to vehicle? how dear is the fine etc.

Thanks.

lsvtec
12-07-2010, 12:19 AM
hey, i got a eg5 vti with a b18c in it and cops have never realised, even thought its not registered to the car.

Samm928
12-07-2010, 02:27 AM
bro.

you mod it. to go hardout..
fk the coppers..
if you pulled over. just move your seat up and put your reading glasses on :)

lazzyme
12-07-2010, 11:36 PM
brilliant...lol

Zilli
13-07-2010, 07:36 AM
my understanding is P platers are not allowed to drive a car with ANY modifications. Engineer's or not

Samm928
14-07-2010, 02:11 PM
no one is allowed to have any modifications to their car. unless they have a engineer certificate.

BY not having your glove box there or if its broken. its a defect.

no bullshit. happend to me.

have a nice day. and tell the copper to get fkd and at least the airbag is still there >=)

Giraffe
15-07-2010, 11:18 PM
no one is allowed to have any modifications to their car. unless they have a engineer certificate.

BY not having your glove box there or if its broken. its a defect.

no bullshit. happend to me.

have a nice day. and tell the copper to get fkd and at least the airbag is still there >=)

LOLOLLLL such a mean guy , you might get tasered if you say get fkd LOL

Giraffe
15-07-2010, 11:23 PM
1: Is it legal for a P-Plate to drive a engineered cert modded vehical with out or with more than 15% increase in displacement.

P platers aren't apparently allowed to drive with engine swap , because its considered "increase to performance", but swapping a engine over for the same make as the car is allowed, i believed, but probably not a 15% increased engine, due to not being there stock.
2: What happends to your vehicle or approximate infringement do you get if engine conversion was not register with the car.

probably a hefty fine of some sort and possibly getting your engine registered to your car aswell which = more money..
3: Are there any way out if you were caught driving a car with a 15%+ increase in displacement of the engine and the engine is not register to vehicle? how dear is the fine etc.

well to be honest, if the cop aren't really into cars, they wouldn't notice if the engine is diffrent or not. but if they do check, then i guess you gotta get a fine of some sort, maybe loose a few points, not quite sure, but to be honest, better be safe then sorry. getting a fine for not registering a engine to the car probably costs the same as registering the engine to the car.
so if you cant afford it, don't do it. pretty simple.

hope that explained most everything

lazzyme
16-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Called RTA and they said if it's under 15% u will just need a blue slip, if it's over u need engineer cert and is a probited car for p plate,

Now this is where I'm not 100% on, if u get 1.6 to 1.8 it's p plate legal as long there no modification to increase engine power, but then upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8 Is techincally an increase in power

grifty
16-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Called RTA and they said if it's under 15% u will just need a blue slip, if it's over u need engineer cert and is a probited car for p plate,

Now this is where I'm not 100% on, if u get 1.6 to 1.8 it's p plate legal as long there no modification to increase engine power, but then upgrading from 1.6 to 1.8 Is techincally an increase in power

yes but 1.6 to 1.8 is under 15% so its p plate legal.