PDA

View Full Version : JDM 1993 Integra VTi-R advices and opinions =)

_Dee
12-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Hi there, so i haven't really posted anything up on introduction because i've been trolling ozhonda for few months now just had nothing to add so never did. Well recently i just bought myself a 93 model Integra VTi-R (im 17 turning 18 soon), found out it had jap manuals and stuff but wasn't so confident if it was a jap import.

Today i got my central locking done at dads friends place (mongoose brand), and one of the workers whos more familiar with cars then i am took a look at the engine and told me it was a jap imported integra vtir, so i found out i had a b18c and not a b18c2...should've looked carefully at the engine and i would've found out lool xD

So anywayz, im on my Ls atm, lagged it 6months and lagged Ps for 4months now so planning on getting it soon, but uh yeh the rear bumper has a crack caused by a hit and run with the previous owner, i bought it for 5000 though so that crack didnt matter to me, however i need to save up for the rego and insurance in 2 months and i was wondering if i needed to fix that crack before i can get a road worthy certificate to rego and insure it. So the question is do i? and if so, would any1 know where i could get cheap 98-01 model integra front and rear bumpers? or maybe a dodgy rwc? :P

My plans for the car so far is:
- 98-01 front and rear bumpers
- rear valences
- integra type r oem lip
- integra type r oem wing
- skirts that flare up abit at the end and match the valences ( i dont know the brand so if anyone would like to share much would be appreciated )
- 98-01 turn signals and black housing headlights
- 17inch volk ce28n in gunmetal grey with 5lug conversion (if im bothered if not gonna look for 4lugs)
- total respray black or white? can anyone share their suggestion or post some pics up as well to help me decide?

I also plan to mod the engine but so far, seeing as im on Ls and my parents are really fussy on me modding the car which is reasonable since im still on my Ls and moving to Ps soon. With that said please take into consideration that i am still on my Ls atm, dont have alot of income and that i know i probably would'nt end up getting all those parts that i wanted to get any time soon, but i will save, however i would like to see your takes and views on my plans as well as some advices and tips for what i should do, please dont "flame" me or what ever, i would gladly take all non criticising comments in consideration =)

Some pics of the integra so far =)

_Dee
12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
cmon any1? =[

meatball
12-07-2010, 02:34 PM
colour? hmm are you going towards the darker colours or the lighter ones?
get 16's ce28n and lower it on king springs. if u got money then koni yellows or perhaps coils!

koevi
12-07-2010, 02:44 PM
i was like you too when i got my vti-r back then wanting to do alot of mods, one mod in your list i definitely think you should NOT get is the Type R wing. Keep it wingless, looks better and you wont be a type R wanabe.

If you want side skirts i would recommend getting the Type R optional side skirts with the rear pods ( only fits face-lift rear bumper 98+), I also second what meatball has said, get 16 inch...17 is too big and it wont look as good.

But yeah enjoy the teg, there an awesome car but keep an eye out on the engine oil level. I would say check it once a week for a month just to see if it burns oil as the B-series engines are known to burn abit of oil ( I had that problem too with my 93 vti-r).

meatball
12-07-2010, 02:55 PM
agree'd with koevi. optional side skirt are hot! also the rear pods. even though the sideskirts are abit exxy but they're worth it.
no wing looks better but then again, its your choice :)

_Dee
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
i think i would be going towards lighter ones now...friend sed ppl might not see me at night time lool, so yeh light colours i guess. I didnt know 17inchs were that big on the teggy, i thought they wudve been alright but i guess not =) thx for that info.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3305/1161/33260580009_large.jpg

would that happen to be the type r optional skirts? coz those are the skirts i wanted and the rear valences or pods =), and yeh the wing is not a necessity for me as i dont mind just leaving on the stock flat looking spoiler that the vtir has already.

thanks for the tip on the rim size and oil level checks meatball and koevi =)

meatball
12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
yeah thats the optional side skirt and rear pods.
paint your car the cream colour ;) wuld look nice.

_Dee
12-07-2010, 07:36 PM
oh okies mad yeh those were the skirts and pods i wanted =), i just gotta source out a 98-01 rear bumper 1st and then the front after because the right side of my rear bumper has a crack in it and is kinda getting old now too =[, any ideas where to find one?

meatball
12-07-2010, 07:45 PM
optional side skirts are hard to come by.. ive only seen 2 sets on ozhonda and they were sold pretty fast. LOL just browse the net and something will come up hopefully :)
GOODLUCK

_Dee
12-07-2010, 07:50 PM
oh really? =[ damn.. thats gonna take some time =) oh wellz thanks =)

Vvvtec
12-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Nice work on the car man! Great choice.

_Dee
12-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Nice work on the car man! Great choice.

thank you =)

Vvvtec
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Also, defnitely listen to what everyone has been saying, don't go any bigger than 16's on your teg.

I love that colour too, your a lucky kid to have the jdm spec B18c aswell... Very jealous.

:)

meatball
12-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Also, defnitely listen to what everyone has been saying, don't go any bigger than 16's on your teg.

I love that colour too, your a lucky kid to have the jdm spec B18c aswell... Very jealous.

very lucky indeed

_Dee
12-07-2010, 11:24 PM

yups every one of those advices have been noted for future reference =) and thanks i didnt even know it was a jap import when i bought it the guy just put it down as 1993 vtir integra and i just kept bargaining the price down because it was old and it had the crack in the rear, not that big though and yeh then afterwards i found out it was a jap imported integra ^^

_Dee
13-07-2010, 04:15 AM
uh another question, ever since i found out it was a jap imported integra i was thinking maybe i shouldnt try to change the rear and front to 98-01 models. The crack on the rear i still need to fix but say i just remove the stock wing ( kinda liking the wingless look now after looking some up ) repaint the entire car championship or artic white (including the skirts, since its black) and leave the pre-facelift front with the lip and get amber turn signals, you guys think it would look good?

Im trying to imagine how it would look and i guess i dont mind keeping the pre-facelift front for now but i just want to see your opinions on how you think that would turn out and if you think i should leave or change the front.

I decided since it was a jap import integra and not the australian one that i should just try to keep the exterior as stock as possible since it would probably have more originality, and then maybe in a few years time when im more comfortable driving it around i would do a jdm front conversion...i just dont know how insurance would work if i do so....any ideas?

thanks in advance =)

Vvvtec
13-07-2010, 09:16 PM
uh another question, ever since i found out it was a jap imported integra i was thinking maybe i shouldnt try to change the rear and front to 98-01 models. The crack on the rear i still need to fix but say i just remove the stock wing ( kinda liking the wingless look now after looking some up ) repaint the entire car championship or artic white (including the skirts, since its black) and leave the pre-facelift front with the lip and get amber turn signals, you guys think it would look good?

Im trying to imagine how it would look and i guess i dont mind keeping the pre-facelift front for now but i just want to see your opinions on how you think that would turn out and if you think i should leave or change the front.

I decided since it was a jap import integra and not the australian one that i should just try to keep the exterior as stock as possible since it would probably have more originality, and then maybe in a few years time when im more comfortable driving it around i would do a jdm front conversion...i just dont know how insurance would work if i do so....any ideas?

thanks in advance =)

Facelift front bar ftw.

http://www.speedstyles.com/gallery/albums/SPEED-STYLES-10-Year-Anniversary-Show-Halloween-Bash!/DSC05011.jpg

Personally, the facelifted front bar > JDM front.

But that's just me. As for the choice in colour, championship white is a goer I think. Along with amber indicators you'll have a very sexy looking car indeed.

koevi
13-07-2010, 10:47 PM

thanks in advance =)

Im pretty sure that insurance wont cover you if you do a JDM front conversion as the front end is weaker or something after doing the swap, double check with the insurance company but im 90% sure they dont...just do a facelift front and Type R lip as Vvvtec says. The White teg in that pic looks hot as lol alot better then jdm front, personal choice though.

_Dee
14-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Facelift front bar ftw.

http://www.speedstyles.com/gallery/albums/SPEED-STYLES-10-Year-Anniversary-Show-Halloween-Bash!/DSC05011.jpg

Personally, the facelifted front bar > JDM front.

But that's just me. As for the choice in colour, championship white is a goer I think. Along with amber indicators you'll have a very sexy looking car indeed.

Yeh i dont mind that look, that was my plan originally its just now im not sure if i wanted to put a usdm face lifted teg bumper on a jdm integra so atm i just plan on getting the amber turn signals, black housing projector lights and cf hood and lip..for now =) until i end up making a decision. Also managed to source out another pre facelifted rear bumper for my integra from another member here since mine had a crack in it, im kinda liking the pre facelifted rear now, seems to be more sleeker imo.

P.S. are those 16inch rims on that integra? i wonder how white integra on white dc5r rims would look hehe if any1 have pics of that could you please share? =)

_Dee
14-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Im pretty sure that insurance wont cover you if you do a JDM front conversion as the front end is weaker or something after doing the swap, double check with the insurance company but im 90% sure they dont...just do a facelift front and Type R lip as Vvvtec says. The White teg in that pic looks hot as lol alot better then jdm front, personal choice though.

Hmm well ive read around that they wouldnt but maybe theres a way to get around it? because ive seen so many people selling jdm front integras so im not sure if every single one of them is taking a risk not insuring their car, at least not even third party >.>

Do you think if i get the car insured 1st, then do the swap would i still have insurance? or maybe if i do decide to do the swap, when im asked on the insurance if my car has any body kit etc i can say no?... hmm ill have to try and find out more about that because im thinking theres got to be away around that because if not then why so many jdm fronts, i dont think alot of people would want to take such a risk because imagine if they got into an accident or something...imagine how much theyd have to fork up to repair damages to other car as well as their own ><

xntrik
14-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Insurance companies won't insure the JDM Front, and if they do I'm sure it'll be pricey (time sourcing, importing etc)
Its been covered.

If you have false claim they won't cover your car anyway as far as I know.

_Dee
14-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Insurance companies won't insure the JDM Front, and if they do I'm sure it'll be pricey (time sourcing, importing etc)
Its been covered.

If you have false claim they won't cover your car anyway as far as I know.

oh i see thanks =[ hmm i wonder how pricey though, do you happen to know any1 here with the jdm front that have gotten their car insured? just curious about the price to see if its worth it

NSPYRE
14-07-2010, 04:00 AM
pm me for skirts and pods when you get some dosh =)

i've got 17's on mine, reckon its fine... just dont go bigger than 17 imo

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs175.snc4/38089_10150218212030150_608890149_13670575_4069150 _n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs095.ash2/38089_10150218212020150_608890149_13670573_7467092 _n.jpg

sorry, camera phone quality...

obviously foto's were taken at different times (first foto has skirt and second doesn't). i decided to lower it more after i got the skirts on so dont think i ride around with the rear slammed and front high like commodores, lol

_Dee
14-07-2010, 04:54 AM
pm me for skirts and pods when you get some dosh =)

i've got 17's on mine, reckon its fine... just dont go bigger than 17 imo

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs175.snc4/38089_10150218212030150_608890149_13670575_4069150 _n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs095.ash2/38089_10150218212020150_608890149_13670573_7467092 _n.jpg

sorry, camera phone quality...

obviously foto's were taken at different times (first foto has skirt and second doesn't). i decided to lower it more after i got the skirts on so dont think i ride around with the rear slammed and front high like commodores, lol

damn thats a nice teg, the 17s look really good on the car, though i wouldnt lower mine to the point where its almost covering the rims. Kinda cautious about scratching the skirts and bumper when i go over speedbumps. However i already stated that im gonna lean towards the more stock look of my teggy already and just clean it up abit respray and some lips. I might consider the skirts though if i can find pics of how it would look on an integra with pre facelifted rear, skirts and pre facelift front with mugen lip. Not sure about the pods but yeh ill keep you in mind if i decide to lean towards the 98-01 looks again thanks for the input and pics =)

Vvvtec
14-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeh i dont mind that look, that was my plan originally its just now im not sure if i wanted to put a usdm face lifted teg bumper on a jdm integra so atm i just plan on getting the amber turn signals, black housing projector lights and cf hood and lip..for now =) until i end up making a decision. Also managed to source out another pre facelifted rear bumper for my integra from another member here since mine had a crack in it, im kinda liking the pre facelifted rear now, seems to be more sleeker imo.

P.S. are those 16inch rims on that integra? i wonder how white integra on white dc5r rims would look hehe if any1 have pics of that could you please share? =)

You do understand that is the audm 98-01 bar :)

_Dee
14-07-2010, 02:20 PM
You do understand that is the audm 98-01 bar :)

yeh but isnt it also the usdm one aswell? :P

newpaddy3
14-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Hey mate I'm pretty sure you don't have a JDM imported integra, the engine yes. But I don't believe the car to be.

This is a JDM Integra. Notice that the front is different.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2285/1698919010_1898e72bcd_b.jpg

But you have a very nice Integra nonetheless.

Vvvtec
14-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Did the Vti-R (not exactly sure of the jdm name equivalent) have the same front as the jdm Type R pat?

Vvvtec
14-07-2010, 04:54 PM
yeh but isnt it also the usdm one aswell? :P

Yes, it is. But if you want to keep the 'jdm factor' of your car, wouldn't a full jdm front be what you wanted? Afterall, right now it shares its front with au and usdm models. May aswell put on (my personal prefenrence here) the better looking facelifted front if your going to go far as replacing it?

_Dee
14-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Hey mate I'm pretty sure you don't have a JDM imported integra, the engine yes. But I don't believe the car to be.

This is a JDM Integra. Notice that the front is different.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2285/1698919010_1898e72bcd_b.jpg

But you have a very nice Integra nonetheless.

nah the whole car is not just the engine its not a type r integra from japan its just the si vtec, coz after looking at the manuals etc its all in jap. Its also a 1993 model im pretty sure AU vtir started from 94. I also checked on wiki about the integra just to make sure and yeh =) well anywayz quoting from wiki "Honda debuted the third generation model in 1993 in Japan......The bug eye model was known in Japan as Integra Si and it powered by a B18C engine with a power of 180Hp which later became the type R power lump." well yeah =) i can always go and check again but im pretty sure its an import.

_Dee
14-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Yes, it is. But if you want to keep the 'jdm factor' of your car, wouldn't a full jdm front be what you wanted? Afterall, right now it shares its front with au and usdm models. May aswell put on (my personal prefenrence here) the better looking facelifted front if your going to go far as replacing it?

yeh i did want a full jdm front, but im not sure about how the insurance would work and i dont have the money for it now, so thats why im jsut going to leave the front stock as it is and just add lips for now. Eventually ill change it to the jdm front but then agen ive got a long time to think about that so i might even just go with the face lifted front.

newpaddy3
14-07-2010, 05:47 PM
nah the whole car is not just the engine its not a type r integra from japan its just the si vtec, coz after looking at the manuals etc its all in jap. Its also a 1993 model im pretty sure AU vtir started from 94. I also checked on wiki about the integra just to make sure and yeh =) well anywayz quoting from wiki "Honda debuted the third generation model in 1993 in Japan......The bug eye model was known in Japan as Integra Si and it powered by a B18C engine with a power of 180Hp which later became the type R power lump." well yeah =) i can always go and check again but im pretty sure its an import.

Ahh ok, awesome, I did not know that. Cheers for info :thumbsup:

_Dee
14-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Ahh ok, awesome, I did not know that. Cheers for info :thumbsup:

hehe np =)