PDA

View Full Version : accord euro voted most reliable in UK survey, do you agree?

panman
12-07-2010, 11:21 AM
hi all,
i've been thinking my next car would be the accord euro. one of my main criteria is reliability. this is why i tend to stay away from european or american made cars.
for those of you who are accord euro owners, can you share your experiences? any major issues e.g transmission failures, major repairs etc?

thanks!
p m

AznDragon1234
20-07-2010, 08:55 PM
although ive only had my euro for bout 6months nows there have been no problems at all. my euro is a used 06 CL9 with almost 100000kms on it.
the newest models are formost more reliable then those of 04< those models have issues such as central locking or transmission problems.
im not suprised it has been voted most reliable tho but thats my opinion. Accord Euro LUX

biee2
20-07-2010, 10:41 PM
i owned my 06 euro since new, some of the probs that i have had are squeeky clutch for manual models....seems to be the same with all the euros, and prob central locking issue. i have had a prob where my door was squeeky but yeah besides that nothing major so far.

panman
22-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Good to know that from real owners. i actually prefer the previous generation than the current generation, so will most likely get a used one. thinking of getting a '06 euro. just find the current model doesn't look that good.

praja6
23-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I owned brand new CU2 accord euro built january 2010 for the past 3months, so far no problem at all. Time will tell....NOrmally you won't have any problem with accord euro....

OMG.JAI xD
24-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Only problems that ive heard of with the K series is worn chain guides (if services arent regularly carried out, mix matching oils or using the incorrect oil) TPS goes wacky, 2ndary (downstream) o2 sensor goes wacky, and a/c compressor goes wacky.

Nothing major. Most expensive is chain guide and a/c compressor.
Still though, all that happens past the 200,000k mark

MikesVtec
23-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Good to know that from real owners. i actually prefer the previous generation than the current generation, so will most likely get a used one. thinking of getting a '06 euro. just find the current model doesn't look that good.

The new one looks awesome. But hey each to their own.

JustRight
23-08-2010, 12:18 PM
I have a current version CU2 Luxury with the 6 speed manual. The car is faultless and very well assembled.

No complaints here at the present time.

snajper
28-08-2010, 07:40 AM
I owned 06 Euro for 2 years and have traveller 60k with it. Fantastic car that was never taken back to the dealer for any kind of repairs. (As reliable as cars get these days)