PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Honda Civic D15B7, running like a bucket

Xtcinc06
12-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I have a 95 honda civic with the D15B7 engine. The engine emissions light used to flick on here and then after starting the car, and when this happened the car would start screwing up. The idle would be lower, and you could not hold the accelerator at a constant speed as the car would start throwing you back and forth as it needed constant acceleration. Same as when you let your foot off the accelerator theres an instant take back like its lost pressure. When the light wasn't on it ran fine. For the past few months the light has remained on and the car's been running like a bucket. Have had the air and fuel filters replaced, cleaned the throttle body, replaced the idle air control valve, spark plugs, new gasket seal and leads, as well as new exhaust, cat and all, and is still running the same. The mechanics did a computer check and came back with IAC wiring circuit but as the IAC has been replaced and the throttle body, i've been told is running properly, I've got no idea what the hell is up with it. This problems been going on for way too long now and I want to sell the car but need to make sure its running right before I do. ANY help would be much appreciated.