PDA

View Full Version : Colour Coding in Southeast Melbourne

sarantosser
13-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Sorry, wasn't sure where to post this.

Was just wondering if anyone knows of some decent/inexpensive colour coders in the southeast region of Melbourne?

I'd like to get my side moulds painted.

Thanks in advance.

CiveK1
13-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Hey mate, know this doesn't really answer your question but have you thought of DIY? If it's just the side mouldings it's actually pretty easy. I did my EK and it took about 3 hours on a saturday arvo, came up looking awesome. First thing i'd ever painted, but that was when the weather was good. Cost about $60 but i've got stacks of primer and clear coat left over for the side skirts when it stops raining on every day off i get. Spose it depends on how much you make an hour for the savings to be worth the time spent. Sorry i can't be more helpful

dougie_504
13-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Get some K&H matte black paint :)

sarantosser
13-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Cheers for the responses guys.
Well actually i have already done DIY colour coding on my front grille. but to be honest im really not happy with the end result. i got orange peel when i put on the final acrylic clearcoat.
im not sure why this occured, but im a bit anal and don't so much want any other diy jobs to end up like that.

civek, how'd your diy job turn out? what products did you use specifically, and at what conditions? The day i painted was freeeeezing, perhaps that had something to do with it?
(stupid melbourne winter)

dougie, did you mean i should paint them black? i was planning to colour code them?

should probably get some photos up so you guys can decide for me :P

Cheers heaps

dougie_504
14-07-2010, 01:34 PM
You mean you want the colour matched to your panels?

I use a guy in Ringwood, eastern suburbs.

sarantosser
14-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah thats what i want :)

can i have his details please? Fairly cheap?

CiveK1
14-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I used Power Plus primer, paint and clear coat. Got it all from Autobarn. Turned out pretty much perfect, when you stand back from the car it looks factory good.

First bit I did on one of the fenders for practice turned out a little crappy cos i went too heavy on the paint and it was a really windy cold day.
When i did the rest of it it was beautiful weather probably 25 degrees (paint can says you should do it between 15-30 for best results) and i probably did 5 really light colour coats just building it up slowly which gives a really smooth finish, didn't really even bother sanding in between coats unless i really over sprayed. Each coat dried in about 5 minutes so i pretty much just kept doing circuits of the car.

Only problems were i got lazy with the masking so some of the paint came off with the tape and i had to use the little brushes to touch up after, also my legs were killing me the next day from all the crouching and i nearly went blind from the sun reflecting off the white paint and no sunnies...

RiceMeister
14-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I think this guy is genuinely just interested in a shop who can do the colour coding, yet everyones telling him DIY tips.. haha ozhonda

dougie_504
14-07-2010, 10:49 PM
Just look inside your car door, see what the colour code is, and ask any local panel beater to arrange for some to be made up for you?

sarantosser
16-07-2010, 10:01 PM
yeah was hoping for some names/numbers as my diy attempts turned out sub-par, ill just call a few panel beaters and see what i get.

Penga89
17-07-2010, 05:59 AM
DT panels Springvale

dougie_504
17-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Have PM'd you details of my guy. He's a good bloke, great prices.

sarantosser
18-07-2010, 05:57 PM
cheers :)