PDA

View Full Version : code 15 no ignition signal

anjin
13-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Car is an 88 EF7 CRX, ZC d16. OBD0 ecu converted from Auto to manual. The car has had a B18 swap, which is now reversed. There have been a number of problems with wiring, but I'm getting close.

The current problem is that when I turn the engine off, and attempt to restart I get a check light and code 15 - no ignition signal. I have swapped distributors. Same problem. Did the workshop manual check which is to measure the voltages at the wires attaching to the ignitor - all good. Proceeded to the next step - replace the ignitor. Same problem. The readings at the ecu seem fine, given they are a bit hard to measure without special harnesses.

Tonight when the engine had cooled down after testing as above I reset the ecu. Car started nicely. Let it run three minutes. Turned it off. As soon as I turned on the ignition - I didn't even get to start the engine - the check light came on and it wouldn't start. Reset the ecu, it started. Turned it off and on - check light and won't start.

I'm thinking faulty ecu. Any other thoughts/experiences?

anjin
14-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Replaced the ecu and sure enough the problem disappeared. Another new experience.