PDA

View Full Version : Used car premium for leather trim

hsonthalia
14-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi All

I am looking at getting a used standard 2005 Euro - the owner had opted for leather trim at the time of purchasing the car and paid about 2500 extra for it. The car interior has been fairly well maintained for its age. How much would you imagine I should add to the standard price of the car as an adjustment for leather trim?

Also, I noticed a few minor dents and scuff marks (from car park and shopping trolley accidents) on the side door and bumper. I have discounted the price by about 500 as I am expecting I would be compromised to a similar on price while reselling in 18-24 months. Do you think this is a fair expectation?

Thanks in advance!!!

tony1234
14-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi All

I am looking at getting a used standard 2005 Euro - the owner had opted for leather trim at the time of purchasing the car and paid about 2500 extra for it. The car interior has been fairly well maintained for its age. How much would you imagine I should add to the standard price of the car as an adjustment for leather trim?

Also, I noticed a few minor dents and scuff marks (from car park and shopping trolley accidents) on the side door and bumper. I have discounted the price by about 500 as I am expecting I would be compromised to a similar on price while reselling in 18-24 months. Do you think this is a fair expectation?

Thanks in advance!!!

Personally i wouldn't add anything.

djpro1
14-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Personally i wouldn't add anything.

yep completely agree. add nothing

hsonthalia
14-07-2010, 06:36 PM
Cool - is that even though it costed 2500 to get it? I thought because the luxury trades at about 3000 more when it costed 7000 more at the time of purchase - some of this would be because of the leather trim?

minircc
17-07-2010, 12:03 AM
It depends how much the car is going for, but the most i'd pay is a few hundred dollars (if that), if you really wanted it.