PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk B-series and K-series..

*vtec-screamer
15-07-2010, 04:42 PM
*closed*

Tai
15-07-2010, 04:54 PM
LOL @ Whats louder.

Seriously do a search , its all over the internet and discussed many times on the forums.

Lowiez
15-07-2010, 09:53 PM
If this is the first k series or b series discussion thread I will eat my own face.

Vvvtec
15-07-2010, 10:32 PM
If this is the first k series or b series discussion thread I will eat my own face.

Hahahaha!

EVLGTR
16-07-2010, 01:13 AM
LOL at all the questions. ask these questions on Facebook or Twitter...not in here

"5. which engine is heavier? i think the B-series would be, since it's an older engine." you've answered your own, 1 out of 6 so far...keep going buddy :P

i'll try to answer it honestly if its for fun
1: B-series
2: not sure which is louder but I prefer B (stock and moded)
3: B
4: No forced induction
5: B
6: no comment...

meatball
16-07-2010, 03:25 PM

LOL! HAHHAHAHAHAHA.

NOW I GOT A QUESTION FOR YOU!
why didnt you do a search before u posted this?

imratedpg
17-07-2010, 09:19 PM
because he is trying to start a discussion thread like the D series

kwokstaa
18-07-2010, 12:14 AM
why would you prefer a b series engine over a k? care to share EVLGTR

EVLGTR
18-07-2010, 12:26 AM
why would you prefer a b series engine over a k? care to share EVLGTR

Not much to share, obviously more parts & cheaper parts available overseas and domestic

Nighthawk_S
18-07-2010, 05:25 PM
I would have though there were more parts for the K series due to the amount of RSX's sold in the states. Also, the B is getting on a bit now so the aftermarket support for the engine will start to decline, whereas the K engine is still in production so there is plenty of time to develop more parts into the future. I can't commet on which one I prefer though, i've only ever sat behind a k engine so i might be biased.

EVLGTR
18-07-2010, 07:49 PM
@Nighthawk_S: dont know where you're from but the B-Series still reigns in Japan as it is more common than K-series. B-series in CRX, EG6 SiR's, EK/DC Type-R's, del-sol's (US) to name a few are still producing aftermarket parts. Give it another 10 yrs and the K series might catch the same trend

90LAN
18-07-2010, 07:59 PM
k series is a more superior motor design to a bseries

but a b s eries is a classic performance engine from honda

it is the pioneer motor that started the vtec revolution

always comes down to how much you want to spend

either motor can or will make good numbers

DC2-PWR
18-07-2010, 08:10 PM
k series is a more superior motor design to a bseries

but a b s eries is a classic performance engine from honda

it is the pioneer motor that started the vtec revolution

always comes down to how much you want to spend

either motor can or will make good numbers

Genuine feed back there Lan, +1 rep.

I.M.I
18-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I'd prefer b series its cheaper makes ghood power vtec crossover its sexy =_= and heaps of parts around!!

Mullensxxx
18-07-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd prefer b series its cheaper makes ghood power vtec crossover its sexy =_= and heaps of parts around!!

if i was gonna go to all the trouble of doing a motor swap, id rather save more and get a K series, like sure u can do a b series for cheap, get cheap mods, but a relativly stock k series poo's all over a worked b series, i just figure why waste all that money on a motor that's potential has been met, limmits have been reached, K series' potential no one really knows, but from seeing what people are doing over seas its gonna be pretty exciting to see how far this motor can go ^^

guess it all comes down to what ur priorities are and how deep ur pockets are

kwokstaa
18-07-2010, 10:22 PM
K > b

newpaddy3
25-07-2010, 12:16 AM
The K series is known as the best FWD engine.

But I feel the B series has more heart.

If I was to do an enigne conversion:

B series for a street car

K series going all out mother ****ing track car crazy weight reduction shit happening there

Tegzieboi_BAR
30-07-2010, 03:55 PM
K is clearly the superior engine in torque, power and potential, compared to B... but as Lan stated its a classic, love absolutely everything about it n would still pick B over K. Really depends on the purpose of ur car.