PDA

View Full Version : Got a question about rubber trim attached on civic fd (07) mugen kit

stradlegroove
15-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, I recently bought a replica of civic fd (2007) mugen kit from a seller who believes that the kit was shipped from Thailand. The kit is already painted and matched well to our nighthawk black color. It's plastic and not made from fiber glass. The kit also comes with rubber trim that supposedly seals the gap between the kit and car's body.

Since the rubber trim is poorly fitted to the kit, I have no other choice but to get rid the rubber trim, so my question is whether it is okay to fit the kit into the car without the rubber trim?

What do you guys do when installing your replica kit with regard to the rubber trim? Do you keep the rubber trim on or take it off?

I think I'm just too scared off if the gap between the kit and car's body is noticeable. So if you guys took off the rubber trim, how is the fitment of your replica kit on your car's body? Is the gap avoidable?

I just cant help ask this (silly :o) question as I dun want to ruin the look of my fd.

I hope anyone here can help me out and sedate my anxiety. Thanks.

Chris.

IEVAQ8
15-07-2010, 06:18 PM
that rubber trimming u talk of, is also sold at clark rubber for $3 per metre,.....

stradlegroove
15-07-2010, 08:06 PM
that rubber trimming u talk of, is also sold at clark rubber for $3 per metre,.....

Thanks IEVAQ-8 for the info. I'm still thinking of having the kit fitted without the rubber trim (seal) because I found many fd1s here got mugen kit replica fitted without the rubber trim and they look neat & nice. I wonder if the pics do the justice or it wouldn't look so with our own eyes.

curtis265
15-07-2010, 08:44 PM
I think you can fit it - i've seen a kit that doensn't come with this rubber trimming you speak of.

It'd probably be wise to have the rubber too, save a few scratches on the paint, should u decide to remove the kit and sell it later on

Stig
15-07-2010, 10:42 PM
i run the kit without the rubber trim, although i got the rubber trim with the kit

stradlegroove
15-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I think you can fit it - i've seen a kit that doensn't come with this rubber trimming you speak of.

It'd probably be wise to have the rubber too, save a few scratches on the paint, should u decide to remove the kit and sell it later on

Yep, that's such a good thought. Anyway thanks for your suggestion, it makes me think twice. Cheers.

stradlegroove
15-07-2010, 11:04 PM
i run the kit without the rubber trim, although i got the rubber trim with the kit

Yeah, i have seen your car pics all over this forum here LOL. Any problem running the kit without the rubber trim? Any noticeable gap in between the kit & car's body?

Stig
15-07-2010, 11:15 PM
nope, just that you will scrape the paint of the front bar if you move the front lip, looked ugly with the rubber trim so i never ran with it