PDA

View Full Version : voltage unstable??

mugen_ctr
15-07-2010, 08:22 PM
This has been happing for ages, and its not really a problem, the problem lies when the car is idling, when the headlights or foggies are turned on, the voltage drops, the dash light dims down a bit....i dont know if this is normal, which i pressume isnt...

so whys is it happening, and any fix to it?
Could a voltage stablizer fix the problem?

JohnnyJohnJohn
16-07-2010, 02:35 AM
ehhh i got this prob too but i got no clue why, i have a feeling it maybe the alternator? but will def be watching over this thread for more info:thumbsup:

quangsuke
16-07-2010, 02:36 AM
your dash is spose to dim down abit when headlights are on, aren't they?

mugen_ctr
16-07-2010, 12:12 PM
im not sure on hondas, with my brothers or parents car, turning on lights doesnt effect voltage, the dash lights up perfectly, i suspect it might be cause of the battery or alternator, but im not sure.... strange

2MPRS
16-07-2010, 03:23 PM
try doing the Big 3(google it) upgrade

SiR Vtec
17-07-2010, 11:01 AM
are the foggies after market?? look if i was you i wouldnt worry cause the bloke i bought my car off put in a voltage tacho and a car with a perfectly running alternator should run at bout 13-14 volts, wen i have my headlights on it reads 13volts but once foggies are on my tacho reads 12volts and things get slightly dimmer but once i accelerate and the alternator starts working it goes up to 13volts and runs like normal. Hope that doesnt confuse any1, all im tryin to say is that im preety sure that your car is still running normaly, jus the foggies tend to drain that bit more power.

TheSaint
17-07-2010, 11:50 AM
spot on ^^

Limbo
18-07-2010, 02:11 AM
its normal, on idle your putting load on the voltage.

I have a voltage meter on my car, and when i have headlights on, indicator + a/c the voltage drops to like 12v

If you worried get a bigger battery