PDA

View Full Version : Vafc Ii

supernatural
27-12-2004, 10:16 AM
i read from somewhere...someone says tat VAFCII is able to save 2 settings its been tuned to...i mean playing around with the settings and saving it under 2 diff names...and is able to select which ever settings u want ur car to run...is this right??

while im at it...wats the pros and cons of VAFCII?? :D

EuroAccord13
27-12-2004, 01:35 PM
It's not the VAFCii, It's the SAFCii that allows you to save two different settings..

supernatural
27-12-2004, 02:06 PM
oh...hmm...i managed to dig this "old" thread up...

MEMORIZE 2 TYPE OF SETTING DATA
The new Vtec AFC-II can save two data setting from data collected with respected to air flow adjust rate, throttle duration, engine RPM, etc. The driver could use these two settings in a variety of driving conditions, be it track, street, or just plain cruising.
from HERE!! (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12626&highlight=vafc)
anyone can clarify this for me?? :confused:

EuroAccord13
27-12-2004, 04:49 PM
I'm pretty sure only the SAFCii can do that because I had it on my old car and now I have the VAFCii and I am unable to find in the unit any options to store two settings..

But maybe I'm wrong..

vtc
27-12-2004, 04:53 PM
the SAFC and VAFC have both the exact same options except the addition of the Vtec controller.

:)

supernatural
28-12-2004, 12:36 AM
o...cool... :D

does anyone here know where i can choose these option?? how would i be able to save the tuned setting for track and the standard factory setting to street??

anyone pls?

Macros
29-12-2004, 07:07 AM
The VAFC 2 options. You can get then for different throttle positions. e.g. one for half throttle and one for full.

supernatural
29-12-2004, 05:44 PM
oh....so how do i choose which settings i want it to run??? like i dont wanna tune it or change the settings individually each time i go to track and each time i go on the street...i just want to be able to choose "street" settings and it will automatically set all the individual settings to stock factory setting...

supernatural
30-12-2004, 12:32 AM
btw...is there anyone in sydney tat knows how to install the VAFCII for me?? tats actually open now??

KB
30-12-2004, 12:46 AM
since the VAFC2 is a piggyback unit, couldn't you just 'unplug' it for the street application so it uses standard ECU and settings? ALthough scince the unit probley requires the cars battery source to save your race settings, then this could only work it you could somehow rig up some sort of back up battery wire to the unit that maintains power supply when its unplugged from the stock ECU.

Just a thought, correct me if wrong.

-KB

Macros
30-12-2004, 05:22 AM
btw...is there anyone in sydney tat knows how to install the VAFCII for me?? tats actually open now??

Installing the vafc2 is very simple. Tells you how in the installation manual and also has wiring diagrams for all vtec equipped ecu's.
Make sure you solder your splices though. :)

The vafc2 has a flash memory since and it is not connected to constant power.

Read the manual, it will tell you all about tuning and different settings.

I myself have a vafc2 but havn't dyno tuned it yet since I havn't finished all my engine mods (Only want to tune once).

Macros
30-12-2004, 05:26 AM
oh....so how do i choose which settings i want it to run??? like i dont wanna tune it or change the settings individually each time i go to track and each time i go on the street...i just want to be able to choose "street" settings and it will automatically set all the individual settings to stock factory setting...

You can choose what settings you want for any throttle position you want (in 2 points).

You could leave it untuned for up to 90% throttle then have a tuned setting for wot.

btw don't quote me on this, I'm just trying to remember what it said in the manual.