PDA

View Full Version : Honda badge gone

MasTaKilla
27-12-2004, 11:49 AM
I've been enjoying driving my accord euro for almost a year trouble free..
then someone comes along and steals the honda badge...

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fei/carbadge004.jpg

and a close up
http://members.iinet.net.au/~fei/carbadge005.jpg

Dont know whether I should get a replacement badge installed or not, because i'm thinking if I do it could just get stolen again and I'd be throwing money down the drain...

Do you reckon it would be better to get a new grill without the H badge? Anyone got any recommendations on grills.. Or does anyone who's changed the grill have a H badge they want to sell me if its easy to attach..

Well i hope this doesn't happen to any other owners of honda accords

yfin
27-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I looked at the pics first before reading your post and thought - nice mod! Hehe :D

It doesn't look too bad -- I have seen a few Euros without the badge around Melbourne - not sure what the attraction is - they are just plastic.

If you want an aftermarket grill that doesn't have the badge - the Kenstyle looks great but I think the whole front bumper needs to be changed as well.

http://www.autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content/viewimage.asp?AutoID=20031020222034&Filename=25724.jpg

VTEC16
27-12-2004, 12:46 PM
shit happens......just go and buy a new one....

flipmods
27-12-2004, 01:41 PM
shit happens......just go and buy a new one....Ditto:D

poid
27-12-2004, 02:04 PM
mine was badged a couple months after i bought the car...that was like 3.5 years ago and i still havent bothered getting another badge :)

VirIIx
27-12-2004, 02:09 PM
i guess someone out there really loves honda :)

McChook
27-12-2004, 02:11 PM
.... go get a Euro R grille and badge and superglue the badge on

kenshin
27-12-2004, 02:18 PM
cry me a river...
be thankfull it was only just the badge... other ppl get their windows smashed/cd player or even whole ride stolen...

if u want a badge just get one ... no point in suking over it... :)

bumography
27-12-2004, 03:09 PM
i've had my badge in 3d mode (pushed it out so it floats like half cm in front of the bonnet casting a shadow) for a while now
and it hasnt been badged
lol

cda96
27-12-2004, 03:32 PM
the no badge grill duzn look to bad, especially from a distance it looks
like a modified grill.
ive decided to leave mine with no badge.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/cda96/DSCN1121.jpg

EK9
28-12-2004, 12:11 AM
but on the euro, especially in ur pics, without the badge is blardy obvious.

i had the same dilemma - got my type r badge stolen, so thought if it was worth replacing it wif a new pair... but i didn't think $240 ($120 each from Honda at the time) was worth it if they get stolen again.

but in ur case, make life easier for urself and buy a new badge. i'm sure it wont be more than $30-50 from honda... a grille + paint will cost heaps more. plus, i guess it's just bad luck. alot of ppl get badged... yer, shit happens so u just gotta live with it.

NeoNode
28-12-2004, 12:43 AM
Get some silver paint and paint over the H, then they can't steal anything. lol

JDM Element
28-12-2004, 03:57 AM
What a bunch of tight ****s! Those ****s should get jobs instead of selling badges for a living! Bad luck man. But as the others sed, it was only the badge.

Do what node sed....get some chrome paint and paint the sucker! Would prolly look aite..!!!

toE
28-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Just leave it I say.
Doesn't look too bad without it, unless you look at it closer, cos then u'll notice the holes. :)

JINRAI
28-12-2004, 03:39 PM
shit happens...move forward

MasTaKilla
28-12-2004, 04:58 PM
I was seriously considering painting it in... but with my paintshop skills im scared it will turn out like this

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fei/carbadge007.jpg

Im not looking for sympathy but more so someone who has debadged their car and are looking to sell that badge..

Also to people who just say move on, yeah I know I will but seriously this stuff shouldn't happen. People park their cars and shouldn't expect getting their cars keyed, dinted, badge stolen etc..

NeoNode
28-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Give the surface a light sand and paint it, shouldn't look too bad.

[ slayer ]
29-12-2004, 11:12 AM
yup, as others have said, paint it, will look nice and cant be badged

bigdongers
29-12-2004, 05:47 PM
if you paint it and it doesnt look good, you can always buy a badge to cover it up :)

Might be time to get that gold emblem kit :)

Pum[Z]
29-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah shit happens... its common to get emblems stolen, especially the Integra Type R Red H emblem a lot of ppl like to steal...

Its just bad luck... But lucky its only the emblem... U might as well buy another one from Honda... It should only cost u $50 or so and just super glue it as well... It doesn't look too bad without the H logo but it looks like somebody just stole it (Which of course happened)...

Just bite the bullet and get a replacement from Honda... I asked how much a Type S badge cost from Honda and it costs $120... So $50 for a Honda badge aint that bad...

28RAG
29-12-2004, 07:30 PM
get that grille pictured before or something similar

adammet04
03-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Before i had my euro, i had a 02 CRV with gold badging and exhaust , used to park it in some fairly ok places but occasionally in some dodgy places, never lost one badge/exhaust!!
I think its just a bad luck thing! heres hoping i dont befall the same fate as you

I was thinking of removing the grill and replacing with an AfterMarket one, but i gotta find one first, dont really want to alter the front of the car just to put a different grill in..!

Cheers
:)