PDA

View Full Version : Comprehensive Insurance for Integra type r under 25 in NSW?

paullyy
17-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Helloo people

In afew weeks l will be shopping to buy integra type r :D
l wanted to ask what insurer in the NSW is best to go with to get full comprehensive insurance for a driver under 25, and how much roughly did it cost you?

Thanks!

koevi
17-07-2010, 10:31 AM
im in melb and my full comp insurance on my ITR cost 1.7k, i guess it would roughly be about the same price in syd?

yellows2k
17-07-2010, 11:42 AM
U would be wrong. Nsw, especially Sydney owners get raped hardest for premiums, I've found qld and wa to be significantly cheaper.
Depends on suburb and history, try qbe, they have been reasonable in the past

migoreng
17-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Just Car...$900-1000 premium and start off with $2500+ excess..
k go...
:)

DCZ 18C
17-07-2010, 12:45 PM
just get third party fire and theft..
my first year of insurance was 3K with 3K excess if i crashed...this was with just car when i was 18
not worth it save the 6 grand

Wez_R
17-07-2010, 12:47 PM
im in melb and my full comp insurance on my ITR cost 1.7k, i guess it would roughly be about the same price in syd?

what insurance company you with? i got quoted 2.7k for my itr and are you still on your p's?

androo
17-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Insurance kills lol

I suggest you go onto any insurance company's site that does online quotes and check for yourself. This will give you the best possible estimation. Good luck with the Type R!

dougie_504
17-07-2010, 12:54 PM
As above.

Go to their websites and get online quotes, or just call them up and ask them flat out how much they'll screw you for.

paullyy
17-07-2010, 01:38 PM
As above.

Go to their websites and get online quotes, or just call them up and ask them flat out how much they'll screw you for.

Yeah l went to alot of the major companies just to get a rough estimate of how much to set aside for insurance but as l have found most of them arnt willing to give me full insurance for being under 25 :thumbdwn:

Like everything all the major and most commercial businesses are crap or a rip off, l'm hoping l can find an insurer that is not as well known and maybe they can give me a better price

But at the end of the day im willing to spend abit of money because l have been wanting an ITR for the past year now and my time has come to finally buy one in about 3 weeks time :D

dougie_504
17-07-2010, 04:45 PM
From what I'm told Just Car (despite being a subsidiary of RACV I think, or maybe AAMI forgot which one) is pretty good and they don't discriminate against people who modify their cars without reasonable cause.

Budget and YouI are f'uckin crap. YouI and their whole 'give us a call and we'll tailor-make an insurance quote to suit you' is bullshiz because they wouldn't insure me for having a set of headers alone lol.

koevi
17-07-2010, 05:02 PM
what insurance company you with? i got quoted 2.7k for my itr and are you still on your p's?

Yeah im still on my P's, im insured with AAMI

EK1 Civic
17-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Im 18 and insured my ek1 with budget direct. Costs $830 with third party fire+theft and road side assistance. I know its not an integra type r but hope it helps anyways.

markismaximus
17-07-2010, 05:16 PM
just go to different insurance company websites and get some quotes. no body here can give you an accurate indication of what its going to cost....

Wez_R
17-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Yeah im still on my P's, im insured with AAMI

thats good as can you give me more info like are your parents, excess fee and is it agreed value in the policy? etc

just so i no whether to talk abit of crap lol

Thanks

AE092
17-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Im 18 and insured my ek1 with budget direct. Costs $830 with third party fire+theft and road side assistance. I know its not an integra type r but hope it helps anyways.

WHAT THE HELLL. That's alot man, I paid about half that for my Corolla (AE92) when I was 18, no road side assistance but thats about $130 from RACV. Have you tried AAMI?

Wez_R
18-07-2010, 12:13 PM
i just called up aami and insured my dc5r for almost 1.7k aswell but couldnt get agreed value on it and its only in my name. the highest is 16.7k value -_- so that kinda sucks haha but thats the cheapest i could get with any insurance company i called up

EK1 Civic
18-07-2010, 01:54 PM
WHAT THE HELLL. That's alot man, I paid about half that for my Corolla (AE92) when I was 18, no road side assistance but thats about $130 from RACV. Have you tried AAMI?

yeh, they wanted 1.3k i was like wtf f off, at first i tried getting full comp, RACV wanted 4k and im like my ek1 costed 6.5k go fk yourselves LOL. Budget Direct was the lowest quote with $500 excess, and if some uninsured person hits me im covered for 3.5k

koevi
19-07-2010, 04:27 PM
i just called up aami and insured my dc5r for almost 1.7k aswell but couldnt get agreed value on it and its only in my name. the highest is 16.7k value -_- so that kinda sucks haha but thats the cheapest i could get with any insurance company i called up

yeah its under my name lol sorry for late reply. Mines covered for 24k though...04 model

Zilli
19-07-2010, 09:44 PM
there are a lot of factors that go into insurance. There is cheap and nasty, which is AAMI, or there are premium products like Shannons, and more selective brands like Youi ywho can keep their prmeiums cheap by asking more questions, and refusing to insure people that they dont want to take on.