PDA

View Full Version : New Legend (owner)

ovidox
18-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi I have recently acquired a 91 Legend Sedan. I would firstly like to say whilst owning a Maybach, Bentley, Ferrari, Lambo, M3, AMG, Porche is mostly reserved for people with extremely lucky lifes the legend is up there to one of the cars that if you will be lucky to drive and feel privileged to own.

The previous owners (2) have service the car & looked after it. The car has been most recently serviced at Get Well Car Repairs in Boronia. Has anyone heard/know of this workshop? Any feedback?

I am also interested in meeting someone who has same model Legend & knows a few maintenance/service tips or knows of a good (prefer knowledge of legend/honda) mechanic in preferably (inner) eastern suburbs of melbourne?

Also can you recommend which of the major wrecking Honda yards in Melbourne is best to go to and whom to speak with? Which parts have people found that are more then likely (commonly) need replacing (mine has done 227K)?

What is a good choice for a middle of the road product (price/quality) for upholstery cleaning, dash/panels trims as well as something that REALLY makes a 200% difference in re-nourishing the leather (as well as cleaning/condition it) also include a middle of the road product once I've done a restoration kinda job on it :P

This final question won't be popular with legend hardcore fans but considering we live in 2011 not 1991 ; the fuel running costs of a v6 these days are frowned upon even by the CEO's paypackets (hang on those guys never pay for anything in life - but you know what i mean) So is there and for how much/where is a gas conversion available?

Thanks for reading this and if have something of real value to add please post; I dare say refrain from bagging other people's post as each piece of advice information is valuable.

I think this can help future legend (new) owners that will have similar question/s especially with this common (no such thing as a common legend lol) KA7 models.

:honda:

Penga89
19-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Nice legend! i am a fan of 4 door saloons!

Good wreckers in melbourne is hondworld in Oakleigh/clayton i always go there and get my shizz from there you have to bargin them!! i would love to see your car in person too!!

ovidox
19-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Hi Penga89 -

I have found this thread to be useful in terms of info about wreckers.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259

I will contact you via e-mail to arrange to meet up. Attached is a few more photos.

I have today gone to a mechanic that was recommended by a friend. The only thing/s wrong with it were: Left Hand Front strut is wet/leaking (but not that bad), bonnet struts need replacing (for a RWC). All drive belts could do with replacing & recommended an auto & engine Oil & Filter change(s).

For my own benefit front wheel disks and tyres will be replaced when i have excess income ( XMAS)

I am really scared of holding onto the car long term for parts/service but I was assured that IF i keep servicing it on time it won't blow the infamous bubble gum gasket and/or other major issues.

My only grief right now is the 3.2 litre engine; I would like to put it on gas - I know it won't win me any fans but it would mean I could afford to save that 50% on fuel towards regular quality servicing.

:honda:

HondaLegend89
24-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Hey,

A direct injection gas system (done properly) can be a good thing. I read up on it a while back and in some cases it can actually increase power.
Not quite sure how the head gaskets would handle it but it's not such a big deal to replace them if they do go South.
Looks to be in pretty good condition and has been painted at some stage as well which has to be a good thing. Keep us posted with any progress and I would also encourage you to join the dedicated Legend forum: www.acuralegend.org
There's a few Aussie members, but most importantly a whole forum of people devoted to Legends such as myself. Look forward to seeing you there!