PDA

View Full Version : help!

--eskimo-eg--
27-12-2004, 08:38 PM
im having trouble with my eg sedan, i dun really know any technical stuff so im hoping u guys could help w this

okay, i think the problem is the clutch, but im not sure, when idling i could hear noises coming from the engine, something like 2 pieces of metal hiting each other, but when i clutch in, its gone, when driving "normally" i could hear the noise again somewhere after 2.5k or 3k rpm and above, this happens to gear 1, 2 and 3, for gear 4 and 5, the noise softens but i could still hear noises

need help asap

thx

civiceg9
27-12-2004, 09:21 PM
I think your clutch bearing need replacing.

ECU-MAN
27-12-2004, 11:14 PM
could be your input shaft bearing

wynode
27-12-2004, 11:30 PM
could be your input shaft bearing
As above......its most probably your Input Shaft Bearing........have a read of this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12789)if you want to DIY.

--eskimo-eg--
28-12-2004, 06:00 AM
thx for the replies guys, btw wynode, how much will it cost me for new input shaft bearing, and other bearings that i might have to change? just curious, how long did u take to do all of that?

Limbo
28-12-2004, 11:30 PM
what's the noise sound like? Might be best to take it to like Midas and ask them for an analysis and a quote. I believe that they have a free quote system.

As you haven't really said what type of noise it could be a number of things, from exhaust vibration to input shaft bearing.

Get it diagnoised properly then your can get quotes on the cost.

--eskimo-eg--
29-12-2004, 06:16 AM
what's the noise sound like? Might be best to take it to like Midas and ask them for an analysis and a quote. I believe that they have a free quote system.

As you haven't really said what type of noise it could be a number of things, from exhaust vibration to input shaft bearing.

Get it diagnoised properly then your can get quotes on the cost.
im pretty sure its not exhaust vibration, i could only hear the noise when idling without clutching in, and when driving above 2.5-3k rpm for gear 1, 2 and 3, the noise is really noticeable, for gear 4 and 5 the noise is not as noticeable

im really sure it doesnt come from exhaust vibration, but yeah i think i will try to follow your advice, thx man :thumbsup: :D

for others, im still seeking for more opinions on this, so pls post a line or two, thx guys