PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Accord Euro head unit problems

TONTON
18-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Ok ever since I got the car, the CD somehow skips here and there...
its gotten really bad now... and I noticed that the screen actually flickers abit sometimes.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Should I take it back to Honda to fix, because the CD's work fine in my other car, but once its in the Euro, then it starts to skip and the screen flickers...

biee2
18-07-2010, 10:45 PM
i kno for a fact that the euro wont accept some cd's mainly the cheapo ones coz i had burnt cd's that worked fine in my mums car but would skip and freeze up in my euro

TONTON
19-07-2010, 12:09 AM
yeah but these are like good quality cd's as in, I buy an album in the shop fresh, chuck it in the euro and it skips and the screen goes dim/bright ( flashes)

eurogo
19-07-2010, 12:58 PM
if its under warranty take it back to honda

aaronng
19-07-2010, 01:16 PM
The flashing display is not good. Take it back for warranty work on it if you have extended warranty.

onlykillzz
19-07-2010, 01:30 PM
i found if you burn CD's any faster than 8x the Euro CD player will skip..... try burning your CD's slower fixed the problem for me...

aaronng
19-07-2010, 02:56 PM
i found if you burn CD's any faster than 8x the Euro CD player will skip..... try burning your CD's slower fixed the problem for me...

He said that he is using original CDs bought from the music store.

euro1603
21-07-2010, 08:35 PM
yeah i have the same problem aswell but kinda got use to it and its not that bad, i'm due for my 40k service soon and my car is still under warranty and i will ask them, but honestly what can they do? it dosen't happen all the time..how can they test it... will they install a brand new unit.. i hardly think so..

TONTON
22-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah thanks guys, anyone else experience the flashing?

I'l take it back to Honda asap, still got warranty

xxb4xx
24-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Yeah thanks guys, anyone else experience the flashing?

I'l take it back to Honda asap, still got warranty

Yeah me.. then the lights die completely, i'm on my 4th head unit from Honda.

TONTON
27-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah me.. then the lights die completely, i'm on my 4th head unit from Honda.

hey so what happend when you went there, they jsut replaced headunit? did it take long?

I've been sooo busy havent got around to taking it back yet

schonda
17-11-2010, 08:39 PM
I replaced my battery with a battery from a corrolla. Long story short my battery died cause i was consuming too much power whilst engine off (my stupidity). Anyway, i swapped batteries with my mates sportivo cause he has manual and he can jump start it. So it has been a few months since the swap and im seeing some problems:

- Speedo lights and cd player headunit turn completely off for a second and turn back on.
- Headlights dim every so often (esp when air con is on)
- lights in the cabbin are very dim, the two front lights where the sunglasses go flicker which they were extremely bright before without flickering.

Is it the battery from the sportivo does not meet the power requirements of the euro, or, is there a deeper problem? Its scary when everything except the engine just turns off when driving at night...

Just spoke to my mate - he said it wouldn't be a batter problem, lose connection more likely...???