PDA

View Full Version : Help in choosing between Base or Luxury Euro?

hsonthalia
20-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi All

Have seen 2 cars in the markets recently and like both; am so so confused - looking for some help in deciding which one I should get. Both are 2003 Euro Auto same colour - one base and second luxury. Both come with quite good service history, with decent tyres, and full rego.

Base - Private sale, very well maintained, factory fitted Leather trim, 98000 kms - $ 16,000

Luxury - Honda sale with 3 year warranty, 70,000 kms, poor exterior (dents, scuff marks) being fixed by Honda and average interior - $18,200

Both prices are excluding stamp duty. Any opnions are more than welcome - which one is a better buy specially if I want to sell in 2 years?

Thanks heaps again!

OMG.JAI xD
20-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Lower km engine is a plus. Being sold from a honda dealer is a bit of a debatable fact.
The 3 year warranty is good. But if its aftermarket warranty it doesnt cover much. But then again. Its a honda.
As long as the exterior defects get fixed properly by the honda dealer id say go for the dealer sale.
Theres more than 2 grands difference in the features comparing the base to the lux.

Factory fitted leather trim... Dont get mistaken. A honda dealer couldve gotten those seats retrimmed and just say its factory fitted.

hsonthalia
20-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks Jai - the other thing which I wanted to point out was that the Honda luxury sale had front leather seats with crack ans discoloration. The dealer has promised that he would swap the seats from another car and be able to get it out to me. Need to factor that in! Thanks again!!

djpro1
20-07-2010, 05:26 PM
$16000 for a base with leather seems quite expensive for an 03 euro. You can find a lot of euros on carsales with lesser km and newer models :)

Wouldn't pay more than 15K for a 03 euro.

eurogo
21-07-2010, 07:22 AM
im with djpro on this one, for an 03 u shouldnt pay more then 16 MAX!, if ur gonna spend that much dont even bother with cars that have major defects like stuffed paint and interiors

ck.kyo
21-07-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey guys i also got a question about buying a euro, i have 2 choices atm, both 06 models:

1: black with black interior, 50k km luxury sat nav with reverse sensors (also got metal pedals) for 25k negotiable
2: graphite, 50k km luxury no sat nav but has reverse sensors for 19.5k

I prefer the black with black but not sure if its worth the extra $$$ for the sat nav and a the color, any suggestions would help greatly, also the black one has finance owning to it, how should i go about if i were to purchase the black one? Should i bring the money and ask the seller to go pay off the finance in front of me and then sell me the car? And also the seller said number plates not included, how does that work?

Thanks alot, appreciated.

Cheers

HunterZero
21-07-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey guys i also got a question about buying a euro, i have 2 choices atm, both 06 models:

1: black with black interior, 50k km luxury sat nav with reverse sensors (also got metal pedals) for 25k negotiable

I prefer the black with black but not sure if its worth the extra $$$ for the sat nav and a the color, any suggestions would help greatly, also the black one has finance owning to it, how should i go about if i were to purchase the black one? Should i bring the money and ask the seller to go pay off the finance in front of me and then sell me the car? And also the seller said number plates not included, how does that work?

Cheers

Balance of finance owing = be wary of that one.

Satnav was a $3K factory option if that helps. Graphite one is the better deal for sure, but check for accident history. It's nice to have the extra display on the integrated dashboard for climate control etc, but you can always buy a satnav and keep it in the bin in front of the gearstick.

IMHO, nighthawk black looks great, but it's a real pain to keep it clean, and paint on the Euro scratches very easily so it shows swirls. Graphite looks almost as good, a lot of people seem to prefer it as a colour, and it's a bit easier to keep looking clean.

No number plates means just that - no number plates. The owner probably has personalised plates and is transferring them to another car. You'll have to arrange your own number plates for it from the motor registry when you transfer the registration.

- HZ

antony
22-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Between the base and luxury here,I would go for the base,as it seems to have been looked after far better,and that makes all the diffirence to me...

djpro1
22-07-2010, 09:29 AM

Cheers

25k for base? Is this facelift model

It would help if you can tell us what year model you are after or at least whether ur after pre face lift model or facelift model.

Also, do you really need a sat nav? I know its nice and all but there are nicer gps out there for 1/10 of the price of the premium

raffyboy
22-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Go Euro R

djpro1
22-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Go Euro R

No such thing as Euro R aka CL7 in Australia. Closest thing you'll get to it is someone with recaros, K20A engine, Euro R body kit, grill, etc... Can you imagine the cost and insurance hassle??

ck.kyo
22-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the quick reply guys, but as i have said in the other post, both models are 06+ meaning they are both facelifted models and both luxury models, but unfortunately for the 19.5k bargain was sold yesterday and i was only 5mins away from the sellers house! O wells, guess i'm going to stick with the black on black, and yes i don't need sat nav but i hate the tan/beige interior and i hate the woodgrain even more ! Therefore if im going to get a black car it would have to be have black interior, and so far there is only 1 other black/black euro which is priced at 26k without sat nav, but the one i'm looking at atm is priced at 25k and with sat nav so why not? Anyway guys ill keep you guys posted as to how it goes, as im going to see the car on probably tomorrow or the day after.