PDA

View Full Version : next car> prelude?

NA-tastic
20-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Wouldnt say, im a 'noob', but quite a noob when it comes to preludes.
My predicament is that im looking for a new car, and now with mobile speed cameras and safety cameras up, its getting more and more easy to be catch speeding. thus i have come to the decision of purchasing something comfortable with abit of kick when need be.

So this brings me to the idea of purchasing a 1999-2000 model Vtir Lude, these dont seem to be as popular as a dc2 or hec even eg's, what would be this reason?

so my point is prelude or not to prelude?

your thoughts?

p.s i have previously owned a dc2r

mnc
20-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I see them around a lot. It just depends on where abouts you live I guess

My friend has one. Great daily car. Plenty of power for daily and good gear ratios as well

he has like 230,000 on the clock and it's still going strong with compression for each cylinder over 200psi.

very good daily car imo if you can find a good condition one.

JohnO
20-07-2010, 11:20 PM
my thoughts: brother has one, once a daily car now a track car mainly, rides very stiff, feels lacking in low end?
-if it was stock then it be a comfortable car to drive from a to b.
-downgrading from an itr you might feel really bored driving it but hey since the main reason is mobile speed cams/hwy patrol/safety cams
-as for MSC there are sites and areas where it will be set up, its on the rta website if your from syd no biggy as theres one 1 site for sw sydney being humehwy past sizzlers.
-if you drive within the limit you should be fine nothing to be worried about, if i can do it so can you.
-could save for something else rather than a prelude. could do with some newer cars i guess.
-wear and tear? being honda its kinda flimsy eg sunroof seals, other sills and bits and pieces.

drsilliez
20-07-2010, 11:22 PM
buy mine =p