PDA

View Full Version : Lowering my DC5 Type S

alexai.dc5-s
20-07-2010, 10:11 PM
hi guys,

this is my first honda and i've had it for about 4 months and loving it! except 1 thing, it is too high! since i am only a student, coilovers are out of the question at the moment..

i have been doing some research and come across the skunk2 lowering springs and the tein s.tech

the skunk2 claim to lower the most out of any spring i have found which is the kind of ride i am looking for but i'm paranoid that they might damage my shocks in the near future from what i have read. can anyone please confirm this with personal experience? my car has done about 67, 000kms so id say my shocks are in pretty good condition at the moment.

does anyone have any opinions or can please help me make my decision?

or, on the other hand, if you have any coilovers you're selling let me know.

Zilli
21-07-2010, 07:59 AM
lowering with standard shocks is always a compromise man... if you are really worried about the shocks then dont go more than an inch and a half lower than standard. Having said this, they are still quite new so may last a year or two with heavy lowering without any issues...

my bet would be get some moderately low springs until you get coils

alexai.dc5-s
21-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Yeah see that's what I was thinking... Do you know if the skunk2 are a stiff shock? How do I find this out?

p33r
21-07-2010, 10:59 AM
^do they even have skunk2 shocks for DC5s?
i've always been under the impression that u need to get skunk2 springs with another brand of shocks as there are none specific for ourmodel

alexai.dc5-s
21-07-2010, 01:01 PM
^do they even have skunk2 shocks for DC5s?
i've always been under the impression that u need to get skunk2 springs with another brand of shocks as there are none specific for ourmodel

yeah, sorry i meant skunk2 "spring". skunk2 dont make shocks for dc5 which is a bummer. i think ill just go tein s.tech. they give a decent drop and hopefully wont break my struts in the near future..

do you know how much i can expect to pay for the teins installed?

DC5.Raven
21-07-2010, 01:21 PM
Skunk2 do make coilovers for DC5's.
BTW someone on ClubITR is selling their coilovers:
http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8527

And have you considered Eibach?
They give you a nice subtle drop.
Unless subtle isn't what you're going for.

alexai.dc5-s
21-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Skunk2 do make coilovers for DC5's.
BTW someone on ClubITR is selling their coilovers:
http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8527

And have you considered Eibach?
They give you a nice subtle drop.
Unless subtle isn't what you're going for.

sorry dc5.raven, im not a member on clubitr, i cant see the ad. what are they and how much do they want?

DC5.Raven
22-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Buddyclub Racing Spec Dampers
$1100
Strathfield/Lidcombe

I think thats all the relevant details.
You should join ClubITR btw, seeing as you have a DC5S. Alot of good info there.