PDA

View Full Version : FD1 Civic Springs and strut bars

ekay1
21-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Hey guys, ive been browsing around for some decent springs and struct bars for a FD1, however, dont have much knowledge on them and would like pointers. Would anyone know some good brands and types of springs and strut bars for the civic. How much should the car be lowered for maximal handling? Thanks:)

mocchi
23-07-2010, 10:10 AM
more handling would mean less ride comfort. i bought H&R springs, made in germany and by the looks of it, the quality is excellent.
how much the car should be lowered? http://www.longacreracing.com/articles/art.asp?ARTID=22

having said that, i doubt you will be able to lower your car to the desired center of gravity height just by using lowering springs.

if i was you, i would prefer to get rims, lower my FD1 with lowering springs and thats it. I wouldn't want to chase max handling for my daily driver FD1.
but it's your car so do what you want.

ekay1
23-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Hm..... i see where your getting at mocchi. Is it true that the stocks rims at 15' have the best comfort for ride? and how much would 17' change the ride and handling? im only looking for around a 35mm drop is all, not dumping the car, just want to get it slightly more stable and lower at the same time. Its always nice to know that your cars stable around corners though :)