PDA

View Full Version : Roof button light

JN7
22-07-2010, 03:03 AM
Searched but didn't find anything.
The light for the roof button won't light up when I turn on my headlights..
any ideas why this is the case?
my friend also has this problem.
Thanks

kimnkk
22-07-2010, 05:34 PM
The bulb might be out. Mine doesn't work either but i bought some LEDs from superbright and i haven't got around to installing one in the roof button (but did my dash to all white).

JN7
23-07-2010, 12:39 AM
easy fix? or is it more complicated than it seems?

espionage85
23-07-2010, 12:44 AM
The bulb might be out. Mine doesn't work either but i bought some LEDs from superbright and i haven't got around to installing one in the roof button (but did my dash to all white).

did you just replace your bulbs with white LED bulbs to get white?
coz i did it, and mine ended up blue on the heater pannels?
so i just went red all round

JN7
23-07-2010, 02:04 AM
by the way, what size bulb is it?

kimnkk
23-07-2010, 12:08 PM
did you just replace your bulbs with white LED bulbs to get white?
coz i did it, and mine ended up blue on the heater pannels?
so i just went red all round

Yeah just with white LEDs. Maybe you went for the ultra white LEDs since they're probably a bit more blue than they are white? Mine are pretty white only problem is that my audio control lights are brighter because of the bulb design and how the bulbs sit closer to the buttons. Planning to dim them down to the same as the air con controls with a piece of paper between the LEDs and panels. BTW the LEDs are completely brightness adjustable, the same as traditional bulbs.

by the way, what size bulb is it?

Its an easy swap for the roof light. U just lift up your console bit (i have an AP2 console so it just lifts straight up with only clips holding it down, i'm guessing AP1 is the same) and then you 'unscrew' the old bulb and screw in the new one.

All S2000 bulbs are NEO3-x type EXCEPT for the aircon control panels, they're all NEO4-x design.
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FNEO.htm

Swapping LEDs for the aircon/audio controls is a bit harder because you have to remove the surrounds and that involves dropping your steering wheel to get it out.