PDA

View Full Version : Fujitsubo- Legalis R Exhaust

euro_tim
22-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey All,

Ok so ive spent the last hour and a bit reading through the Euro forums for it but couldn't see anything on it.
I was looking on JDM Concept and found this exhaust. Ive heard about fujitsubo being a good brand however i was wondering what the sound of these exhausts were like?
If anyone has one could you let me know please?
I have checked you tube and i found a few examples of the sound but wasn't 100% convinced.
The link for the jdm concept item is:
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_jdm&p=detail&vid=26&cid=196

My other question is more in terms of power?
I know that the Euro has a very good platform to begin with but in terms of intake, is there any certain parts i could obtain to help with it?
Sorry in advance if i have asked a noob question!!

Lochstar_69
22-07-2010, 07:37 PM
headers........ are probably the next step. and high flow cat....... then tune then upgrading valves etc. and thennnnnnnn turbsss haha

max9907.0422
22-07-2010, 07:41 PM
its silent, dont get it.. i hv been told it doesnt make your car faster, the euro i brought came with it so i cant complain.. get a buddy club one, it is louder n u can pick it up 2nd hand cheap here

integral90
22-07-2010, 07:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiPtAUavhuo&feature=related

It doesn't say what headers/cat he's running, but I'm 99% sure it doesn't sound like that with the header/cat.

What are you looking for from the exhaust? Looks? Sound? Performance?

djpro1
22-07-2010, 08:05 PM
fujitsubo has very little gain in terms of hp. ask rein, he's had it on for a while.

If you're after performance, try looking for HKS silent power, skunk2 (very loud), buddyclub (again loud, felixd has one for sale for $750 but with hotdogs + mid resonator), apexi (quiet & good gains)

Hard to get exhausts shipped from overseas though since theyre bloody heavy and come in a really big box!

Lochstar_69
22-07-2010, 09:13 PM
i have the skunk2.... awesome, BUT LOUD. and i do mean LOUD. sounds good though. and there is a power gain. much harder kick in vtec. if ur interested in a second hand one let me know its done about 10,000kms. its still on my car however i am going to de -mod my car soon to sell it.

shmivic
22-07-2010, 09:47 PM
i have the legalis r, not fitted yet because i havent got my euro r lips (about a week away now)

off there website you should expect to gain around 6-8whp with auto trans.
which is pretty good imo for a system which is around 6dB louder than oem at w.o.t.

i couldnt stand a noisy system on my euro, it would annoy me after time.

racerwannabe
22-07-2010, 09:50 PM
I've heard Rein's euro with the Fuji and it's too quiet. You might as well not change your exhaust.

jyh888
22-07-2010, 11:19 PM
I had the fujitsubo legalis r exhaust fitted a while back when i had my accord euro, it looks great from behind, stainless steel twin tip canons :) However, sounds mostly stock with a nice tone, nothing too agressive here. In terms of performance, any non turbo car will not gain much power from upgrading the exhaust, it only matters once you modify the engine, so to be honest whichever exhaust you choose you will not really notice any gain in power.

Like many have said, headers are the best value for money modification for this car. The stock header is extremely restrictive, once you change to an aftermarket exhaust manifold such as toda combined with a high flow cat, you will notice a great difference in power delivery, somewhere near 10kw atw. If you can get the fujitsubo for a reasonable price, why not? Otherwise save your money for an aftermarket header if you are chasing power

hondar
22-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I had the fujitsubo legalis r exhaust fitted a while back when i had my accord euro, it looks great from behind, stainless steel twin tip canons :) However, sounds mostly stock with a nice tone, nothing too agressive here. In terms of performance, any non turbo car will not gain much power from upgrading the exhaust, it only matters once you modify the engine, so to be honest whichever exhaust you choose you will not really notice any gain in power.

Like many have said, headers are the best value for money modification for this car. The stock header is extremely restrictive, once you change to an aftermarket exhaust manifold such as toda combined with a high flow cat, you will notice a great difference in power delivery, somewhere near 10kw atw. If you can get the fujitsubo for a reasonable price, why not? Otherwise save your money for an aftermarket header if you are chasing power

finally some decent comment :thumbsup: (i have highlighted and bold them)

hondar
22-07-2010, 11:56 PM
i have the legalis r, not fitted yet because i havent got my euro r lips (about a week away now)

off there website you should expect to gain around 6-8whp with auto trans.
which is pretty good imo for a system which is around 6dB louder than oem at w.o.t.

i couldnt stand a noisy system on my euro, it would annoy me after time.

me too :D

i think legalis r gives that the sound of a sporty car without overbearing loudness.

i think you will find the throttle response to improve as well.

but fujitsubo is on top there for quality exhaust. my choice of exhaust brand too :D

HondaRacer
23-07-2010, 04:03 AM
better get header and test pipe, you will see hudge improvment ;)

shmivic
23-07-2010, 08:55 AM

i think legalis r gives that the sound of a sporty car without overbearing loudness.

but fujitsubo is on top there for quality exhaust. my choice of exhaust brand too :D

+1 exactly!

Youngster
23-07-2010, 09:19 AM
I bought a Fujitsubo exhaust for my CU2 and it should arrive by end of Aug.

I will provide feeback for the CU2 owners once installed.

integral90
23-07-2010, 01:03 PM
In terms of performance, any non turbo car will not gain much power from upgrading the exhaust, it only matters once you modify the engine, so to be honest whichever exhaust you choose you will not really notice any gain in power.

Very true. But the catback will become more and more important as he does other mods. If he's planning on leaving the rest of the engine stock then the gains of the Legalis R vs. any other exhaust would be negligible. But if he's gonna do header, tune or cams then that exhaust will hold him back power-wise.

Still - a gorgeous looking exhaust and the quality would be impeccable. Comes down to what he wants from it. Looks, sound, power etc. If he just wants looks and a bit of sound then this exhaust is perfect

T.I.X
26-07-2010, 12:39 AM
try greddy evo2 cat back...not bad tho

aaronng
27-07-2010, 12:16 AM
try greddy evo2 cat back...not bad tho

That one's a bit loud though, but not as loud as the Skunk2!

For threadstarter, previous thread on the Fujitsubo: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?124817-fujitsubo-exhaust&highlight=fujitsubo

raffyboy
27-07-2010, 02:38 PM
my next step with my cl9 05 will be headers cat and catback

integral90
27-07-2010, 06:05 PM
my next step with my cl9 05 will be headers cat and catback

Got headers and catback if you're interested ;)

snYpz
27-07-2010, 07:12 PM
whats your opinion guys:

I plan/will/have: cams, valvetrain, maximwork header, 06 tsx tb, ecu management

I want a quiet exhaust for cruising, thus legalis r is the first preference. A'pexi is another option but isnt stainless steel, or isnt entirely SS.
My dilemna:
1. Go with legalis-r which is about 2.5in
2. Custom exhaust that is quiet but possibly gains better than fuji exhaust.
3. Customise legalis-r to enhance the flow so can sell later? :wave:

Im thinking to go with fujitsubo as it would be easier to sell when i do part-out the car.
The custom exhaust, and to customise the exhaust to be quiet at low rpms, means that it probably wont be much different to the fuji exhaust, correct?

I want my car to be fun as a daily. The exhaust is for looks but more importantly for some extra gains with the engine tune with the mods. Aftermarket exhaust usually dont yield much, if any, gains but hopefully with the tune and mods, can help the engine breathe more happily and freely.

BTW, just out of curiosity, does anyone know what sort of gains (approximately) would be yielded from going 3in exhaust as compared to going 2.5in?

cheers guys!

integral90
27-07-2010, 09:06 PM
1. From memory the Legalis R is 2.25" with relatively restrictive mid-muffler and rear mufflers.
2. Fujitsubo would put a lot of time and money into R&D. It'd be hard to just fluke a custom exhaust that's quieter and still flows better.
3. More money. Also more flow generally = more noise

jyh888
27-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Since your upgrading cams and valvetrain, you will be chasing more power so don't let a restrictive exhaust limit you. I had the fujitsubo and yes it is 2.25inch which is only a slight improvement over stock.
In my opinion, go for a custom exhaust, you can have it designed however you want for much cheaper.

Most K-swaps are using 3inch exhausts, i think investing in a 3inch exhaust will be a good idea since your doing some head work to the engine, and its only slightly dearer than making a 2.5inch.
Go for single exit if you want optimum performance, otherwise a dual setup for aesthetics.

Lochstar_69
27-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Since your upgrading cams and valvetrain, you will be chasing more power so don't let a restrictive exhaust limit you. I had the fujitsubo and yes it is 2.25inch which is only a slight improvement over stock.
In my opinion, go for a custom exhaust, you can have it designed however you want for much cheaper.

Most K-swaps are using 3inch exhausts, i think investing in a 3inch exhaust will be a good idea since your doing some head work to the engine, and its only slightly dearer than making a 2.5inch.
Go for single exit if you want optimum performance, otherwise a dual setup for aesthetics.

Of course 3" is ideal for the power gain...... HOWEVER......... the skunk2 is a 3" exhaust from cat back and thus it is the Drone KING haha BUT is the most awesome sounds haha.

snYpz
27-07-2010, 10:34 PM
Well there isnt anything that suits my aesthetic, aural and performance needs :)
i dont like having canon exhausts on a sedan, and i only want dual exhaust. I think i was just being in my mod-bug mood and just thought changing to aftermarket exhaust may be something else i could do to the car.

Im not chasing power. Just want the car to be more fun to drive. I thnk i'll save a 1-1.5k and just leave the stock exhaust :D
With the specifications that i want with the xhaust, it will be fairly restrictive, thus maybe gain 5kw atw (if that...)...and for 1k, i can think of many other enjoyable things to be spending on lol

Thanks anyways guys! :thumbsup:

aaronng
27-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Of course 3" is ideal for the power gain...... HOWEVER......... the skunk2 is a 3" exhaust from cat back and thus it is the Drone KING haha BUT is the most awesome sounds haha.

Skunk2 drones because it only has one small mid hot dog resonator before the cannon tips. It is not because of the piping diameter being 3".

integral90
27-07-2010, 11:37 PM
2.5" will be better for a daily as you'll retain more low-end torque than you would with a 3" system. If you're planning cams + tune then the stock catback/cat is gonna hold back more than 5kW...

snYpz
27-07-2010, 11:42 PM
2.5" will be better for a daily as you'll retain more low-end torque than you would with a 3" system. If you're planning cams + tune then the stock catback/cat is gonna hold back more than 5kW...

lol nah i can live with that. Getting exhaust as well would be out of the budget.
If we werent buying our first home, i wouldve probably gone 335i. Now that plan will hold for at least 10 years before i get myself a nice performance sedan :D ... cant wait!! haha

Good luck with your new project Liam! You will see much more gains with basic mods then we will ever see on NA lol
NA we have to spend a few g's just to squeeze 10-20kw lol....all that money :(

jyh888
27-07-2010, 11:43 PM
You should just keep the engine stock, so saving money on the cams and valvetrain as that will cost you a fair bit and just buy an exhaust and tune with the bolt ons. Don't really know why you want to get into headwork while keeping stock exhaust

snYpz
27-07-2010, 11:50 PM
Well exhaust isnt going to gain much with just a tune. Regardless as to what we intend to do with the car, there will always be something extra that would yield more.
At the end of the day, it depends whether its in your budget and whether its what you want.

Thanks for the advice though. I will need to recalculate costs and budget as we have other financial plans we have decided to initiate also, which also tightens our budget a bit more lol

ck.kyo
28-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Heeltoe has this exhaust for $1,235 shipped, offer till 6/8/10, anyone think of this as a good deal?

HondaRacer
28-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Heeltoe has this exhaust for $1,235 shipped, offer till 6/8/10, anyone think of this as a good deal?

good deal, also I sugest you to change stock Cat to test pipe or 200 cel Cat for better perfomance.

T.I.X
29-07-2010, 05:58 PM
That one's a bit loud though, but not as loud as the Skunk2!

For threadstarter, previous thread on the Fujitsubo: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?124817-fujitsubo-exhaust&highlight=fujitsubo

yeah just a lil bit loud but it sounds deep tone tho =)

sangyz
29-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Has anyone have a sound clip of the fujitsubo exhaust or video clip? Like max out trashing the crap out of it. I want to see how loud it is.

snYpz
29-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Has anyone have a sound clip of the fujitsubo exhaust or video clip? Like max out trashing the crap out of it. I want to see how loud it is.

go on youtube. Otherwise the direct link is on heeltoeauto.com ... go to dual exhaust and then legalis-r, the links in there.

shmivic
30-07-2010, 09:40 AM
ill be bolting up mine next weekend hopefully, will post pics and vid once done.

sangyz
31-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Sweet. I havnt heard one in action and I want to hear it's potential sound before buying it!

djpro1
02-08-2010, 10:13 AM
good deal, also I sugest you to change stock Cat to test pipe or 200 cel Cat for better perfomance.

I would watch out for heeltoe. They told me that they will cut the exhaust in half before shipping since these exhausts are quite large to ship, they try to reduce the dimension by just chopping your exhaust! Heeltoe had a skunk2 in stock but I went with JDMyard and luckily they had one in stock :)

Skunk2 drones because it only has one small mid hot dog resonator before the cannon tips. It is not because of the piping diameter being 3".

Yep it drones like crazy but with the silencers that comes with it, sounds almost stock and can barely hear a thing inside the cabin :) People told me that silencers hardly do anything.. but it made all the difference :D

Nairda
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM

Thats what i like about fujitsubo....i want an exhaust that sounds fairly stock when im driving day to day as to not to attract too much attention.....

...when i do want to attract attention and poke it with a stick....i want it to sound nice..

Lochstar_69
03-08-2010, 11:09 PM
really?????? haha i tried mine and it makes zero difference.... i put them in today, the only thing i noticed is less power...

jyh888
04-08-2010, 03:08 PM
fujitsubo exhaust sounds almost stock but it doesnt look stock LOL from the rear, it will divert alot of attention! They look like massive dual cannons haha but very nice

The exhaust hangers are also a bit too low, so from the rear it looks like your exhaust is wobbling

djpro1
04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
fujitsubo exhaust sounds almost stock but it doesnt look stock LOL from the rear, it will divert alot of attention! They look like massive dual cannons haha but very nice

The exhaust hangers are also a bit too low, so from the rear it looks like your exhaust is wobbling

I wouldn't exactly call them dual cannons. They're just more oval than the stock ones and have the chrome finish which does look nicer than the stocky black matte yuckkkkkky colour. Personally, I would want some sort of sound increase for putting in the exhaust (maybe not at low revs but at high revs definitely!)

Anyone know how loud fujitsubo goes above 3K rpm??

shmivic
05-08-2010, 08:55 AM
Standard (STD)

Volume idling 59dB
4900rpm limiter 82dB
2000rpm 68dB
4000rpm 76dB

Fujitsubo Legalis R

Volume idling 65dB
4900rpm limiter 88dB
2000rpm 79dB
4000rpm 83dB

MrHeeltoe
23-12-2010, 01:13 PM
I would watch out for heeltoe. They told me that they will cut the exhaust in half before shipping since these exhausts are quite large to ship, they try to reduce the dimension by just chopping your exhaust! Heeltoe had a skunk2 in stock but I went with JDMyard and luckily they had one in stock :)

We cut one exhaust this way for a customer in Malta and it worked out perfectly. I hope you are not saying we'd cut an exhaust without asking your permission first before doing anything. Australians have high shipping cost and this is one way to reduce the cost.

sodaz
23-12-2010, 06:16 PM
The Legalis R looks like a longer tipped version of the stock exhaust and the volume is almost identical.

x10Hz
26-12-2010, 12:47 AM
^this

npcan2
26-12-2010, 11:46 PM
I've had this exhaust for a couple of weeks now... I love it! It is quiet when I want it to be, but loud enough to be heard clearly when downshifting/car parks/windows down. If you want an exhaust that draws attention from people, Don't get the fujitsubo!
I was expecting 0 performance gains with the exhaust, but it did pick up a little bit. The engine felt much freer in the higher RPM.

It's not bang for buck at all because there is no bang in either volume or performance, and it is expensive for a piece of stainless steel. However, it is a nice finishing touch to my build, and the little crackles on downshifts now make me smile every day! :)

npcan2
26-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Also, +5 for Heeltoe and Marcus and his team. I have spend many $$$ with them (including the exhaust), and they have been nothing but compliant and easy to deal with!
Anyone looking to buy stuff for their euro should look no further! Not only does he have basically everything on his website, if he doesn't, he will find it and order it in for you!

Top bloke, Top prices, A+++, would buy from again! ;)

TRaNz
26-12-2010, 11:57 PM
mmmm, looks like Marcus will be gettin an order from me soon for a Fuji-LegalisR =D

npcan2
27-12-2010, 12:09 AM
^ my only recommendation is to get other stuff sent over at the same time to save on shipping... also another +1 for the aussie dollar!

shmivic
27-12-2010, 11:46 AM
I love it! It is quiet when I want it to be, but loud enough to be heard clearly when downshifting/car parks/windows down. If you want an exhaust that draws attention from people, Don't get the fujitsubo!

It's not bang for buck at all because there is no bang in either volume or performance, and it is expensive for a piece of stainless steel. However, it is a nice finishing touch to my build, and the little crackles on downshifts now make me smile every day! :)

+ eleventy billion

hands down winner for the best exhaust for cl9.

its not a ricers noisy exhaust its a system for people with style.

kuyar11
02-01-2011, 08:51 AM

I couldnt agree more. The tips are massive and do hang low. Has anyone put on a rear lip to cover it? if so any pics out there.

shmivic
02-01-2011, 12:09 PM
legalis r with euro r rear lip

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk172/siwood22/_MG_9662.jpg

tsx604
03-01-2011, 08:07 AM
I previously had the Fujitsubo Legalis-R with test pipe and header setup. The setup is not that loud, but has a pretty sporty exhaust note from the outside. However, there is drone in the cabin in the low rpms. I remember very clearly that the Fujitsubo website posted a 3-4hp gain solely from their catback exhaust.
It's a nice exhaust for small gains and sporty note. If you want to have a performance setup for max power gain, you should go with single outlet on the CL7/CL9 because this is the only way to get the most power out of this engine with a cat-back exhaust setup.

npcan2
03-01-2011, 08:33 PM
The exhaust looks funny with no bodykit as per this photo:
http://ronjonwheels.com/ronjonimages/large/as45.jpg

However, It looks awesome with my euro r rear. The kit really fills in the gaps!
http://i.imgur.com/CP4uKl.jpg

btw, I have sense lowered my car several cm all around after this photo was taken! :)

Holy Frog
03-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I am planning to buy a manual CU2 (2008-2010 Euro) soon. Its been difficult in finding mods so far.
In terms of exhaust, I hate drone and think an exhaust should be silent, unless you are pushing it.

I'm heading towards intake manifold, and exhaust header changes.

http://www.toda-racing.co.jp/en/product/ex_mani/k24a-cl9.html

Any one know if the stock catback would be too restrictive on these headers?

tony1234
04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
I am planning to buy a manual CU2 (2008-2010 Euro) soon. Its been difficult in finding mods so far.
In terms of exhaust, I hate drone and think an exhaust should be silent, unless you are pushing it.

These headers are for CL9.You can't install headers on CU2.

Youngster
04-01-2011, 10:56 AM

You can't change the hearder on the CU2. I've got a fujitsubo exhaust for my CU2 that i bought brand new and took it off after a day. Not because i didn't like it but i might sell my car soon and get something else. lol

axispower
08-04-2013, 04:10 PM
The exhaust looks funny with no bodykit as per this photo:
http://ronjonwheels.com/ronjonimages/large/as45.jpg

However, It looks awesome with my euro r rear. The kit really fills in the gaps!
http://i.imgur.com/CP4uKl.jpg

btw, I have sense lowered my car several cm all around after this photo was taken! :)

Hey did you only purchase the rear lip? Are the sides and front stock?

I have an Accord Euro 2005 Luxury 7th Gen. Would it look ridiculous with only the rear lip and no sides or front kit?

Also... I'm seriously trying to avoid the rice burner look with this vehicle, as crazy as that sounds.

IF- I got the full OEM Honda Euro R CL7 Lip Kit on mine, which is already lowered an inch all around; would I resemble a young, aspiring Takashi "DK" Fukushima Tomoko Ohayo Gozaimasu Yokohoma?

Fredoops
08-04-2013, 08:35 PM
I have an Accord Euro 2005 Luxury 7th Gen. Would it look ridiculous with only the rear lip and no sides or front kit?
Yes

IF- I got the full OEM Honda Euro R CL7 Lip Kit on mine, which is already lowered an inch all around; would I resemble a young, aspiring Takashi "DK" Fukushima Tomoko Ohayo Gozaimasu Yokohoma?
YOu look like a dude with a clean accord.

mrgu
10-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Yes

YOu look like a dude with a clean accord.

you look like a dude who needs to talk to me

Fredoops
10-04-2013, 09:57 PM
you look like a dude who needs to talk to me

Lolwut?

mrgu
10-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I am parts heaven

TRaNz
10-04-2013, 11:06 PM
I am parts heaven

you can get new Fujitsubo exhausts yeah?

mrgu
10-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Yep that's me